Bedford Town away

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Bedford Town away

Post by Rich » 11 Mar 2020, 15:15

drummyb wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 23:52
Ok. Having just returned home from the most tedious drive ever. Possibly the worst performance Ive seen this year, and I left the ground feeling like John Hill was back. It was that poor. Im not convinced fatigue is the reason, given the performance saturday. It just didnt happen tonight, and as already said, second to virtually every ball. Only Cobourne played anywhere near his normal standard, the others looked well below par. It felt like we just hoofed the ball up and hoped
I think it will be a blip if I'm honest. We cannot win every game. The other two around us havent either, but we cant afford that performance again.

Fair play to Bedford, they played really well and passed it about. Ref was shocking but we were the architects of our own downfall.
I thought first half we played some good stuff. Scored early and then had a goal disallowed which looked really tight to me. 2-0 up would I'm sure have been a different game.
We got to the byline on a number of occasions but just couldn't find that pass to finish it off. Also a couple of good chances to shoot but we chose other options.
Second half though which has been our strength recently we just weren't in it and as I said earlier having no Molly or Jack to bring on left us a bit short on our plan B.
Credit to the Bedford guy who scored the second it was a cracking shot. I'm sure one we would have been commenting on had we have scored it. the third seemed from the opposite end like total miscommunication.
Just need to get back at it on Saturday and put in a performance to get the the vital 3 points

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 11 Mar 2020, 15:36

andy wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 14:23
I think we're all losing the plot. Suddenly an extra 2000 people are getting overexcited about a football team they never watch and everyone's panicking about tickets for a game that will have no bearing on our future. We lose another midweek game last night and it doesn't muster 2 pages of comments. If we don't get promotion (and I still think we will) it will be a disaster. Back to the same old crowds against supporterless opposition. I know we CAN have both but if we don't get promotion I doubt most of this team will be here next year.
Whilst not disagreeing at all with promotion being the goal for this season, with the restructuring (extra northern division) at our current level next season, opposition would probably look very different, one current proposal below.

1874 Northwich
Alvechurch
Bedworth United
Bootle
Chasetown
City of Liverpool
Coleshill Town
Coventry United
Glossop North End A.F.C.
Kidsgrove Athletic
Marine
Newcastle Town
Prescot Cables
Redditch United
Runcorn Linnets
Rylands
Sporting Khalsa
Stafford Rangers
Sutton Coldfield Town
Widnes

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 11 Mar 2020, 15:41

Whereas promotion could potentially provide

A.F.C. Rushden & Diamonds
Banbury United
Barwell
Berkhamsted
Biggleswade Town
Bishop's Stortford
Bromsgrove Sporting
Coalville Town
Halesowen Town
Hednesford Town
Hitchin Town
Leiston
Lowestoft Town
Mickleover Sports
Needham Market
Nuneaton Borough
Peterborough Sports
Rushall Olympic
Stamford A.F.C.
Stourbr*dge
Stratford Town
Ware

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 11 Mar 2020, 20:09

andy wrote:
I think we're all losing the plot. Suddenly an extra 2000 people are getting overexcited about a football team they never watch and everyone's panicking about tickets for a game that will have no bearing on our future. We lose another midweek game last night and it doesn't muster 2 pages of comments. If we don't get promotion (and I still think we will) it will be a disaster. Back to the same old crowds against supporterless opposition. I know we CAN have both but if we don't get promotion I doubt most of this team will be here next year.
Think it makes Welwyn an enormous game. Bedford were into the ref from the first moment and just made it difficult for us by scrapping bloody hard. I missed Welwyn at home, but they sounded similar. If we get through that, I think we’ll be fine, but agree another season at this level would not be desirable.

Hopefully last night was just the kick up the arse we needed; last Tuesday was arguably expected. Last night very much wasn’t. Other sides aren’t just going to give this to us.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 11 Mar 2020, 21:20

The Bedford fans were saying he was the best ref theyd had all season. Go figure!

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 11 Mar 2020, 21:37

Well he didn’t give two cast iron penalties and a third very likely one, so they would say that!

BartleyYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BartleyYeltz » 11 Mar 2020, 22:05

andy wrote:
Hi new member, while I agree surely as a club we should try and build on these crowds and attract them back.
I my self attended the Altrincham FA cup My 1st game in years and have since been to 7 games. I’m a blues season ticket holder who also attends a lot of away games so I can only really attend midweek games.
I’ve really enjoyed my visits the the grove this season, and to be honest the standard of football has been really good.
A trip to Wembley will do wonders to the club and town, look how much South Shields crowds have improved since then won the FA vase 2 years ago.
Saturdays crowd of 800+ shows the appetite that is there to watch NL football in the area.

SpongeDad
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by SpongeDad » 12 Mar 2020, 08:52

I work with a few non league players and they all said that Wembley will be on the players mind. None of them will want to get injured and miss out on an opportunity of a lifetime. I didn't go to Bedford so don't know if it came across this way?

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 12 Mar 2020, 12:53

Robbie Bunn literally jumped out of the way of a challenge and two minutes later was whipped off.

Being charitable (and also as I think he is a wonderful player), it might have looked worse than it looked, but definitely possible.