Barnet

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barnet

Post by andy » 01 Mar 2020, 10:47

lutleyyeltz wrote: ↑
01 Mar 2020, 10:44
My throat feels as though I've got more gravel in it than Travis Perkins!
What a day, what a team - and what a fitting tribute to Roger Turner and his family.
That was for you Roger! đź‘Ź
Nice one Lutley.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 01 Mar 2020, 11:04

little things speak a thousand words and kind of explain why we are where we are as a club ..... in the James Grove Lounge the team bus arrived to great fervour but one of the the first things Paul Smith and Keith McKenna did was to start collecting empty glasses and serving behind the bar :o :o :o

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 01 Mar 2020, 11:23

old git wrote: ↑
01 Mar 2020, 11:04
little things speak a thousand words and kind of explain why we are where we are as a club ..... in the James Grove Lounge the team bus arrived to great fervour but one of the the first things Paul Smith and Keith McKenna did was to start collecting empty glasses and serving behind the bar :o :o :o
I noticed that too, lovely touch.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 01 Mar 2020, 12:55

Buildbase FA Trophy Fourth Round (Quarter Final) – Saturday, 29th February 2020

Barnet 1 Halesowen Town 2 (AET)

Halesowen’s epic FA Trophy fairytale continued as the never-say-die Yeltz booked a semi-final place after staging a stunning late giant-killing fight-back to record a famous victory over National League Barnet at the Hive, writes DJ.

The Yeltz were cheered on by a huge travelling crowd, including eight supporters’ coaches, on another emotionally-charged afternoon and more than matched their higher league opponents before claiming their third National League scalp away from home in their thirteenth FA Trophy game of the season. The Hive’s official attendance of 1,483 was identical to the previous round at Halifax’s Shay.

A heavy pre-match shower left an already problematic surface with a sticky midfield area and in the first action goalkeeper Brendon Bunn grabbed a 3rd minute short corner from Barnet’s Elliott Johnson. Halesowen’s James Bowen then burst forward to see his 7th minute shot blocked and hard-working Ahmed Ali played the ball forward for Simeon Cobourne and Montel Gibson to combine and force the first Yeltz corner after 12 minutes. A minute later Ali headed on Bowen’s throw-in for Cobourne to be blocked again.

Despite the huge three league gap, there was little to choose between the teams in an end-to-end first half and Brendon Bunn easily collected Josh Walker’s flick from Mauro Vilhele’s 21st minute cross. Halesowen responded when impressive Bowen sent in a low 32nd minute cross from the left in difficult blustery conditions. Walker fired a low shot at Brendon Bunn a minute later and Ali, Rob Evans and Paul McCone then made good defensive clearances.

Halesowen pressed forward approaching the interval forcing Ricardo Santos to clear over his own bar from Cobourne’s 40th minute cross and Josh Hawker’s edge of the area free-kick was cleared after Cobourne was brought down a minute later. In the final minute of the first half, Simeon Akinola found space in the Halesowen area after Evans slipped, but could only shoot weakly at Brendon Bunn on the turn.

Early in the second half Tutonda screwed wide and Brendon Bunn collected Cheye Alexander’s 20 yard shot. Walker then shot wide and Akinola went close again as the Bees looked to step up a gear. Barnet finally grabbed a 65th minute lead when Johnson fed Tutonda and his cross from the left was turned home by WALKER.

But well-drilled Halesowen remained unfazed, stuck to their task and grew in stature as a 70th corner was punched clear by goalkeeper Scott Loach and Ali headed just wide from Robbie Bunn’s 81st minute cross. The Yeltz were rewarded with an 85th minute equaliser after Robbie BUNN jinked down the right and his teasing cross skimmed just over the head of substitute Luke Yates to find the far corner of the net. An 88th minute shot from substitute Jamie Molyneux earned another corner and Molyneux did well again a minute later as Cobourne wriggled through to see his shot deflected over the bar.

With Barnet suddenly on the ropes, Halesowen finished the ninety minutes on top with Robbie Bunn’s 90th minute free-kick from the edge of the box blocked. Controversy reigned in the third minute of injury time when Cobourne was brought down and a free-kick was awarded on the edge of the area - despite early indications of a penalty from the referee - and Evans’ low effort was deflected into Loach’s arms.

At the start of extra-time Robbie Bunn delivered a dangerous cross and Barnet forced two corners. Alexander’s cross was then turned away well by Jamie Ashmore and Brendon Bunn dived to make a good save from home substitute Medy Elito.

But the visitors finished strongly as an 108th minute effort from substitute Jack Holmes was turned away for a corner. The mighty Yeltz then stung the Bees to amaze the Hive with a 109th minute winning goal when Ali headed Robbie Bunn’s corner off the underside of the crossbar for COBOURNE to touch home. Glorious Halesowen could’ve added further goals when Holmes went close twice and Molyneux also broke clear with his cross just evading unmarked Holmes in the 120th minute at the end of another incredible but perfect performance.

Barnet: Scott Loach; Cheye Alexander, Elliott Johnson, Callum Reynolds, Ricardo Santos, James Dunne (c), Simeon Akinola (Medy Elito 82), Mauro Vilhete (Wesley Fonguck 56 (Charlee Adams 112)), Josh Walker, David Tutonda (Dan Sparkes 112), Dan Sweeney. Subs Not Used: Rihards Matrevics (GK), Harry Taylor, Xander McBurnie.

Halesowen Town: Brendon Bunn; Jamie Ashmore, James Bowen (Luke Yates 68), Rob Evans, Paul McCone (c), Jordan Piggott, Ahmed Ali, Robbie Bunn, Montel Gibson (Jamie Molyneux 58), Simeon Cobourne (Ash Sammons 113), Josh Hawker (Jack Holmes 76). Subs Not Used: Lewis Wright, McKauley Manning, Bradley Catlow (GK).

Referee: Adrian Quelch Attendance: 1,483
Booked: Dunne (90), Reynolds (110)

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 01 Mar 2020, 13:02

The decision to award the free kick, rather than a pen, was the correct decision. I was shocked when the penalty was initially awarded.

'Glorious Halesowen', I bloody love that.

I'm still buzzing, and can't stop smiling. What am I going to be like, WHEN we win the thing?

SpongeDad
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by SpongeDad » 01 Mar 2020, 15:58

AwayDayYeltz wrote: ↑
01 Mar 2020, 13:02
The decision to award the free kick, rather than a pen, was the correct decision. I was shocked when the penalty was initially awarded.

I'm still buzzing, and can't stop smiling. What am I going to be like, WHEN we win the thing?
It wasn't even close to a pen 🤣. Even though I was shouting for it I wouldn't have wanted to win like that. Did anyone notice luke Yates taking it all in when we started singing "Yates will tear you apart again"

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 01 Mar 2020, 17:49

SpongeDad wrote: ↑
01 Mar 2020, 15:58
AwayDayYeltz wrote: ↑
01 Mar 2020, 13:02

It wasn't even close to a pen 🤣. Even though I was shouting for it I wouldn't have wanted to win like that. Did anyone notice luke Yates taking it all in when we started singing "Yates will tear you apart again"
If the pen would have stood, I wouldn't have cared!

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 01 Mar 2020, 18:27

Their highlights up - https://youtu.be/UctpXAGxqXI

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 01 Mar 2020, 20:03

old git wrote: ↑
01 Mar 2020, 11:04
one of the the first things Paul Smith and Keith McKenna did was to start collecting empty glasses and serving behind the bar :o :o :o
Could have done with them doing that down at Barnet too :-\

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 01 Mar 2020, 20:51

Yeltz TV highlights are up! Not gonna lie, whizzed forward straight to our goals :)