Barnet

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barnet

Post by drummyb » 29 Feb 2020, 23:10

drummyb wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 15:52
Barnet look half decent, and certainly pass it round well. We havent quite clicked, but theyre marshalling us well. Awful playing SURFACE though. Dont think our support have stopped singing all half.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 29 Feb 2020, 23:11

Rich wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 21:44
410viawednesbury wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 21:17
Tremendous effort and performance, and purely from a personal point of view, I thought Rob Evans was immense. Thanks to everyone behind the scenes, at the club, first class!
Echo these thoughts.My MOM was Ahmed Ali. ran his socks off today and won so many 50-50's
Quite agree with that. Threw himself into every block and passed it about sensibly. Hawker likewise til he went off.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 01 Mar 2020, 00:59

Wow. Unbelievable day!! I thought Halifax was the pinnacle and it couldn’t get any better, but my god it has again! This team is unreal - they simply do not know when they are beaten!!

1-0 down to come back and win 2-1 in extra time against another Conference side. We’ve certainly done it the hard way getting this far but at the same time each of our wins have not been flukes but truly deserved which is even more mind boggling and just unthinkable based on previous years.

Speaking to Andy and a few other ‘oldies’ who remember the glory day of the Vase years in the 80’s - they are under the impression this is the BEST they have ever known it at the club.

Semi finals of the FA Trophy here we come!! One tie away from Wembley - if you didn’t before it’s certainly now time to believe! Up the Yeltz!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 01 Mar 2020, 01:38

dalevillain wrote:
01 Mar 2020, 00:59
Wow. Unbelievable day!! I thought Halifax was the pinnacle and it couldn’t get any better, but my god it has again! This team is unreal - they simply do not know when they are beaten!!

1-0 down to come back and win 2-1 in extra time against another Conference side. We’ve certainly done it the hard way getting this far but at the same time each of our wins have not been flukes but truly deserved which is even more mind boggling and just unthinkable based on previous years.

Speaking to Andy and a few other ‘oldies’ who remember the glory day of the Vase years in the 80’s - they are under the impression this is the BEST they have ever known it at the club.

Semi finals of the FA Trophy here we come!! One tie away from Wembley - if you didn’t before it’s certainly now time to believe! Up the Yeltz!
I've known one positive season in 12 years, so it's not hard to define this side as the 'best Yeltz side I've seen'.

With the money involved in the conference now, and the fact we're three levels below, and the added fact we've not only beat three conference sides, but more than matched them, this has to be the most impressive squad, surely?

This side not only has quality I've never seen here before, it has a work rate I've never seen before. Now, that's a compliment I don't use lightly. As you all know, I was critical of John Hill, but the title winning side he built was a pleasure to watch, in terms of work rate (certainly not quality), typified by Green, Tilt and Tonks. I didn't think I'd see a side work has hard as that squad did, but this side does. This is the only team that would out work that aforementioned team. I'm just in awe of them, I really am.

What a pleasure to behold. From the Gaffa, to the players, to the backroom staff, they're all approachable, and down to earth guys. Ask a question, they'll give you the time and an honest answer. It's wonderful.

I'm glad we've got games to rearrange, I don't want this season to end. It's just the best season ever, it really is. I'm just so proud, and emotional.

Sorry to woffle, folks. I've had a few beers, and just enjoy this team. Fucking hell, what a team we have. I'll ask again, is it the best we've had?

If you've seen a better Yeltz side, then I envy you greatly. But I doubt highly it'll beat this team.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 01 Mar 2020, 08:13

dalevillain wrote:
01 Mar 2020, 00:59

The Vase years made this club..... but we must remember that we were only competing against clubs at our level or below in all those years .... this team has now beaten no less that SIX teams competing at higher levels and in with that we have beaten 3 full time National League teams ON THEIR OWN PATCH :o :o :o

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 01 Mar 2020, 09:00

I think we just need to get to the end of this season and then we can reflect on it all. I walked out the ground stunned yesterday- I literally can’t believe what I’m seeing. The most incredible season- I’m loving every second.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 01 Mar 2020, 09:23

Testament to the gaffer's backroom staff because going into another 30 minutes of football, Halesowen players looked as fresh as they did at the start. Finishing the second half of extra time, like a steam train, makes yesterday's result even more remarkable. I also thought yesterday a "bit" of Hugh Johns commentary, on the 3 goals would of been appropriate, with the pitch as it was.

DanHTFC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanHTFC » 01 Mar 2020, 10:03

Think I’m losing my voice this morning after yesterday’s performance, but what a result, what a team!

I also wanted to just thank the club for the nice touch of gifting everyone a free round at the Grove!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 01 Mar 2020, 10:44

My throat feels as though I've got more gravel in it than Travis Perkins!
What a day, what a team - and what a fitting tribute to Roger Turner and his family.
That was for you Roger! 👏

OmmerUmYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by OmmerUmYeltz » 01 Mar 2020, 10:46

Front page headline in NL Paper : "Hales-Storm"

Hoping we get Royston/Concord - we'll give 100% who ever we get and Wembley has to be the focus