Weather update

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Weather update

Post by fairweatherfan » 24 Feb 2020, 17:11

Really quite balmy around the Grove now and roads are dry. I’d guess we’d be ok barring something horrific tomorrow... although I’m frequently wrong!

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 25 Feb 2020, 10:06

absolutely lovely out there at the moment, till at least late this afternoon, seems there may be a flurry of showers, but nothing huge, our pitch is superb, so lets make sure we get a good gate tonight to thank the groundstaff let alone roar the boys on to hopefully another win!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 25 Feb 2020, 12:30

It's almost beer garden weather round Halesowen today. Bar one short but sharp shower about 11ish. Big match tonight. Much bigger than Barnet. It's a chance to really place one hand on the title and move 5 points clear. It will create a nice gap between us and the challengers.

Let's hope the fans are up for it. I've no doubt the players will be.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Feb 2020, 12:47

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 12:30
It's almost beer garden weather round Halesowen today. Bar one short but sharp shower about 11ish. Big match tonight. Much bigger than Barnet. It's a chance to really place one hand on the title and move 5 points clear. It will create a nice gap between us and the challengers.

True words Josh. Tonight and next Tuesday are massive. If we can open up a gap by then I really don't think we'll be caught. Come on lads!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 25 Feb 2020, 12:56

andy wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 12:47
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 12:30

True words Josh. Tonight and next Tuesday are massive. If we can open up a gap by then I really don't think we'll be caught. Come on lads!
A five point gap, and hopefully bigger, by the time we play Berko, means we can enter both matches and they'll be must not lose - as opposed to must win.

Now, I would hate us to go there and play for a point, and I don't think Smith would ever set his side up in such a negative fashion, but it would take some pressure off, and would perhaps suit us, if Berko need the wins more than ourselves.

I'd bite your hand off for two draws against them, as long as we win the games in hand.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Feb 2020, 13:46

Who'd have thought a couple of weeks ago we wouldn't be mentioning Corby!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 25 Feb 2020, 14:04

andy wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 13:46
Who'd have thought a couple of weeks ago we wouldn't be mentioning Corby!
They've only won one of their last six, I believe.

Never say never, but I respectfully believe it's between us and Berkhampstead, now. IF we win tonight we would hold a seven point advantage over Corby, and would still have two games in hand. This is why I view tonight as a massive game. A win would really put us firmly in the driving seat.

In my view, that potential gap would be too much for them to overhaul us, within the eleven games they have remaining. Especially as I'd expect us to pick up at least one win in those two games in hand.

To put it into context, we'd have to lose both games in hand, lose a further three times, so lose five games in total, and Corby would have to win all their remaining games. That's a tough ask, isn't it? Considering we've only lost twice all season, and considering they seem to be struggling as of late.

But, you never know, stranger things happen in football.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 25 Feb 2020, 16:26

We've just had one hell of a downpour in Halesowen.

DanHTFC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanHTFC » 25 Feb 2020, 16:52

Pitch inspection to go ahead now, not surprised with the weather in the last hour

DanHTFC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanHTFC » 25 Feb 2020, 16:53

Games been called off