Yaxley

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Yaxley

Post by Rich » 19 Feb 2020, 08:36

andy wrote:
19 Feb 2020, 08:12
All summed up perfectly by everybody. If I can add one more thanks regarding last night though.
I would like to thank everybody at the club for the kindness shown to Rogers wife Marlene who attended her first ever Town game last night, accompanying Dave after Rogers death last week. Total class.
The comments in the programme and from Paul. Total class.
The respect shown from supporters and the minutes applause. Each and every one of you. Total class.
What a club we've got now. You know the rest...
Yes Andy, have to agree.
The silence was almost deafening and on the minutes applause great to see all the Management on the bench clapping throughout.
Great respect

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 19 Feb 2020, 12:06

DJ’s usual quality journalistic research reveals the son of our Wembley centre half Kevin Warner, Harry, ran the line last night

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 19 Feb 2020, 15:13

A word on the performance of last nights referee.
I thought he had a really good game.
Could easily have dished out about 6 yellow cards but only gave the 1 I believe which was for the worst foul of the night - on Simeon which led to him being substituted.
He let 2 teams who wanted to play football get on with it and just blew for free kicks when he had to.
Our second goal came from a foul on Sammonds on the half way line but he played the advantage and we scored as a result.
We are quick enough to slate the officials but credit where it was due on the officiating last night.
I cant recall either of the managers shouting at the ref regarding decisions given/not given which is also a good indicator of their performances.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 19 Feb 2020, 17:11

Rich wrote:
19 Feb 2020, 15:13
A word on the performance of last nights referee.
I thought he had a really good game.
Could easily have dished out about 6 yellow cards but only gave the 1 I believe which was for the worst foul of the night - on Simeon which led to him being substituted.
He let 2 teams who wanted to play football get on with it and just blew for free kicks when he had to.
Our second goal came from a foul on Sammonds on the half way line but he played the advantage and we scored as a result.
We are quick enough to slate the officials but credit where it was due on the officiating last night.
I cant recall either of the managers shouting at the ref regarding decisions given/not given which is also a good indicator of their performances.
I agree with all of that. I think he was possibly the best Ive seen at the Grove this year. Completely un-noticed in the middle of the game, which to my mind marks a good ref. Nothing to draw attention to himself at the expense of the match.

I'll just add my thoughts to the minutes silence. Impeccable. It may have happened before but I noticed the Harry Rudge stand more or less all on their feet, which I thought was very respectful.

YeltzTV
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzTV » 20 Feb 2020, 21:23

Halesowen Town 5 - 0 Yaxley FC
18/02/2020

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: https://youtu.be/KkyrJT64kBo
MANAGER INTERVIEW: https://youtu.be/GAM5BNvmYYY
PLAYER INTERVIEW: https://youtu.be/bf6N-2tRV2k

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 21 Feb 2020, 11:50

Top work, Dan. Just a quick note to say I appreciate the highlights and interviews you bring, and the no doubt hard work in editing the footage. Keep going!

By the way, Yaxley were desperately unlucky to go into HT 3-0 down. How on earth we escaped that scramble without conceding was incredible.

It always amazes me how these kind of chances go for you, when you're winning and towards the top of the league. This time last season, that chance would have have bobbled in off of Platty's backside.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 21 Feb 2020, 13:32

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 11:50
Top work, Dan. Just a quick note to say I appreciate the highlights and interviews you bring, and the no doubt hard work in editing the footage. Keep going!

By the way, Yaxley were desperately unlucky to go into HT 3-0 down. How on earth we escaped that scramble without conceding was incredible.

It always amazes me how these kind of chances go for you, when you're winning and towards the top of the league. This time last season, that chance would have have bobbled in off of Platty's backside.
Exactly what we were saying Tuesday..when you are up there a speculative 30 yarder screams into the top corner but last year it would have hit a passing number 9 ;D

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 21 Feb 2020, 15:56

old git wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 13:32

Exactly what we were saying Tuesday..when you are up there a speculative 30 yarder screams into the top corner but last year it would have hit a passing number 9 ;D
I had to read this twice because I misinterpreted it the first time in that I read "passing number 9" as being an itinerant footballer (of which we have had many over recent years) and not a form of public transport. in fairness, your point holds true in both cases ;D

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 21 Feb 2020, 16:12

I always claimed that Snapper's legendary shooting abilities were just a misunderstanding based on him being told to play the ball into the path of the No 9.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 21 Feb 2020, 17:30

YeltzDoc wrote:
21 Feb 2020, 16:12
I always claimed that Snapper's legendary shooting abilities were just a misunderstanding based on him being told to play the ball into the path of the No 9.
;D ;D ;D
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0