Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
crezza94
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Bradford PA Updates

Post by crezza94 » 14 Dec 2019, 23:44

juanillo wrote:
14 Dec 2019, 20:15
Great result!

It's good to get a replay at home but just wondering if we could've agreed to go to penalties today? I notice King's Lynn beat Dover in a shoot out.
Would you have rather settled the tie on the day and risked losing the tie or drag them back to the grove on a Tuesday night with a decent home crowd at an inconvenience to them?

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 14 Dec 2019, 23:53

Disappointing to concede the equaliser towards the end. Felt we were by far the better team footballing wise, apart from maybe the first 15 minutes where we struggled on a truly awful pitch but overall we battled well.

Shame we couldn’t hold out towards the end. It’s clear to see a few players struggled today on a difficult pitch but no doubt on a better pitch and arguably a bigger/better crowd we will finish the job on Tuesday night!

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 15 Dec 2019, 05:34

Tuesday night we will have a bigger gate and a better pitch.
No disrespect to Bradford but that pitch was awful and it wasn't just down to the weather imo. It's a very poor standard.
The away support today was fantastic from young George and Jamie to the oldest. I can't remember seeing Keith Caradine singing and smiling like that for a long time.
My throat hurts but it was worth it.

Once again important when we went behind to not go quiet but sing, encourage and spur the lads.

The clubs could have asked each other to agree to extra time and penalties on the day. Why would we with the home advantage of a replay?

I expect them to bring no more than 40 (their estimate today) less than half we had there today.

Tuesday get the shed rocking and let's enjoy the game.

Yeltz Yeltz woahhh Yeltz Yeltz 1234 Yeltz yeltz.

By the way it's Old Hawne Lane Halesowen West Midlands not Stourbr*dge Road.

Well done to all concerned today, the players, management, scout who had gone all the way there to watch them against Altrincham and fans.

Buzzing.

Up the Yeltz.

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 15 Dec 2019, 08:30

andy wrote:
14 Dec 2019, 18:47
If we should win on Tuesday I am thinking we will have had a real carrot dangled before us after Mondays draw. There are a lot of big clubs in there and I'm thinking only one club (Aveley drew) from our level?
Sholing are still in there from our level, they played the previous round yesterday, and now have an away day at Bath City to negotiate.

I think the draw tomorrow is national so plenty of exciting options!

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 15 Dec 2019, 11:38

anybody who knows me will have heard my harsh criticism of the modern obsession of warming up routines that coaches perform prior to games, and the damage it does to pitches.
Anyway, karma surfaced yesterday at Bradford where the Bradford coach had the team perform 'shuttles' on the left hand side of the 18 yard box which created 3 muddy lines for about 10 yards on an already dodgy pitch, but the worst area was where they turned just on the 18 yard line.
Now I am sure that somebody more gifted than me can upload the excellent first goal footage posted my Mark Wood. if so you will see that when Rob Evans bursts through the two defenders, that the ball, even on that pitch would have ended up a yard closer to the keeper and little chance of scoring, but just watch when the ball hits that patch I mentioned above on the very edge of the box and it just cushions it enough for Rob to take it in his stride and smash it home.
BIG own goal by the Bradford coach, but thanks for proving this moaning old git right :D :D :D

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 15 Dec 2019, 13:22

In hindsight, the game should probably have been called off. The pitch was that poor. When the ball stops dead, and doesn't run true, it's dangerous.

The pitch was the worst I've seen in my relatively short time following the Yeltz. It made the potato field we had a few years back, look like a bowling green.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 15 Dec 2019, 14:21

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
15 Dec 2019, 13:22
In hindsight, the game should probably have been called off. The pitch was that poor. When the ball stops dead, and doesn't run true, it's dangerous.

The pitch was the worst I've seen in my relatively short time following the Yeltz. It made the potato field we had a few years back, look like a bowling green.
Oh you youngsters ... get Hereford v Arsenal up on line to see proper winter pitches ;D

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 15 Dec 2019, 14:24

old git wrote:
15 Dec 2019, 14:21
AwayDayYeltz wrote:

Oh you youngsters ... get Hereford v Arsenal up on line to see proper winter pitches ;D
I knew one of you old 'uns would bring up some relic from the past! ;D
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Dec 2019, 15:07

old git wrote:
15 Dec 2019, 14:21
AwayDayYeltz wrote:

Not even close O G. In Italy they'll play on anything!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... mvAVv-CRwb
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Dec 2019, 15:34

This Chelsea v Bolton was a bit before your time as well Josh. ;D

https://bnc.lt/a/key_live_eifqPbvhIRnKE ... %23details
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0