Yeltz archives

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Yeltz archives

Post by andy » 11 Nov 2019, 15:43

Not sure what has happened to the archives section. It disappeared some time back an d now seems to be some random collection of advertisment sections. I know Poll doesn't run it, can anyone shed any light on it?
Guesty?
Hi Andy,

My attention has been drawn to this thread by someone so sorry for the late replay. (Apparently I owe everyone an explanation as to why the site is down).

I didnt pay the hosting fees this year as I thought no one really used it anymore. £200 per annum.

I have paid these now and hopefully the site will be back up by the end of the day so you can all enjoy for another 12 months. ;)

Thanks
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Yeltz archives

Post by DJ » 21 Nov 2019, 14:02

I’m pleased to see the Yeltz Archives site is now back up and running. We owe a great debt of gratitude to Guesty for sorting this out and continuing his commitment. Hopefully we can find a way of ensuring this important club history is not lost in the future. Once again, thanks Paul!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 21 Nov 2019, 21:12

Absolutely brilliant! I do feel that anyone running these sites on our behalf should be recompensed. Can a link be set up so that we can all donate (maybe PayPal or something) to cover costs such as these. I am so grateful that this great forum and all its add ons is made available to us and I don't like the idea of people being out of pocket on our behalf. If we kept it as a running link then any future outlays by Poll or Guesty can be taken straight from there.
Once again cheers Paul.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 22 Nov 2019, 07:11

andy wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 21:12
Absolutely brilliant! I do feel that anyone running these sites on our behalf should be recompensed. Can a link be set up so that we can all donate (maybe PayPal or something) to cover costs such as these. I am so grateful that this great forum and all its add ons is made available to us and I don't like the idea of people being out of pocket on our behalf. If we kept it as a running link then any future outlays by Poll or Guesty can be taken straight from there.
Once again cheers Paul.
Great idea.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 23 Nov 2019, 12:02

From my point of view I definitely don’t want any donations- it doesn’t cost much to keep the Forum running and I’m happy to do my bit

I’ll also see if I can help Paul out with hosting the Yeltz Archives, as that’s far too expensive and I’d be surprised if we can’t host it on the same server as this Forum for no extra cost.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 23 Nov 2019, 12:31

Poll wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 12:02
From my point of view I definitely don’t want any donations- it doesn’t cost much to keep the Forum running and I’m happy to do my bit

I’ll also see if I can help Paul out with hosting the Yeltz Archives, as that’s far too expensive and I’d be surprised if we can’t host it on the same server as this Forum for no extra cost.
top man Poll :)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 23 Nov 2019, 13:04

Poll wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 12:02

Poll that would be fantastic. I really missed the archives section when it was gone, I'm sure others did too. Its a great reference point for all things Yeltzwise. It's a shame it can't be regularly updated but I appreciate that would be a big undertaking and we do have recent seasons stats available elsewhere. Thanks once again to both of you.