Last Seasons Squad

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Last Seasons Squad

Post by Simons » 13 Oct 2019, 20:01

Interesting to see so many of last seasons squad now in teams that are doing well in the premier Division. In particular, Platt, Morris, Curley, Griffiths, James Hurst all at Hednesford who are sitting top of the table. Lee Hughes playing regularly and already scored 5 goals for Mickleover. Makes you wonder if it was the players or the management that was the problem. Not that I am suggesting we would want them back, with the exception of Platt

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Last Seasons Squad

Post by dalevillain » 13 Oct 2019, 20:54

Think you’ve got to look at it and say a bit of both. Poor management and also poor recruitment - signing players on a whim every week with no plan or long term direction. I think it’s fair to say a lot of the players didn’t really care about the club, obviously not Platt and Morris to an extent did ok for us.

But I’d rather be where we are now with a better manager and players that seem to care and fight for the shirt.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 13 Oct 2019, 21:04

I did notice this too. Quite amusing, really.

Hednesford have conceded the fewest goals in Steps 1, 2 and 3 and their back line is (with one exception) the same one we had last season under Rob & Larry.

Don’t get me to explain Lee Hughes- I ain’t do an apology like I did to McCone on the other thread. :-\

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 14 Oct 2019, 13:55

You don't get relegated for one specific reason, it's a culmination of various factors.

Specifically for us, relegation was coming for a number of seasons, but we stayed up by default due to teams going bust and then a league restructure. Finally it caught up with us.

We were relegated due to poor off the field management, poor management on the field, a high player turnover and yes, poor playing staff.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz