Boldmere St Michaels

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Boldmere St Michaels

Post by old git » 17 Jul 2019, 07:38

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 07:33
I've woke up this morning still buzzing from last night. Like I keep saying, I try not to take note of pre-season results or performances, as they often mean little when the regular season begins. But this just feels different, doesn't it?

Three games in, and there literally is nothing to moan about. I may have to go and support someone else, at this rate!

Even losing 3-1 to Solihull was positive, we more than matched a side who nearly got promoted to the football league. And only lost due to the extra quality such a side possess and due to the extra fitness they had, which came with them playing two different XI's.

Now, I know Cradley and Boldmere may not provide the stiffest of competitions, but to score six and seven is brilliant. Stourbr*dge will obviously provide a tougher test and should tell us more about where we are.

The biggest compliment I could probably pay Paul Smith and the players right now is stating how much I'm looking forward to Saturday. Now, over the last 4 seasons or so, I've looked forward to varying games due to varying reasons, such as local derbies, a good away day with good people or the fact it's the first game of the season. But I've never looked forward to a match because the football I'll be watching is that good. And that's how I honestly feel about Saturday. I can't wait to watch the Yeltz play football.

To anyone who has stayed away over the past few years, for whatever reason, please come back. Football down the Grove is finally enjoyable again.

I'm really finding it hard to keep my feet on the floor right now. As a pessimistic idiot, I'm not used to this. It's too good to be true, surely?
keep taking the tablets Josh ... thought pre season couldn't get any better and then this morning find out that Montel signed a contract last night ... that will upset that little gaggle of scouts who were watching him last night ;D

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Jul 2019, 09:15

old git wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 07:38
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 07:33
I've woke up this morning still buzzing from last night. Like I keep saying, I try not to take note of pre-season results or performances, as they often mean little when the regular season begins. But this just feels different, doesn't it?

Three games in, and there literally is nothing to moan about. I may have to go and support someone else, at this rate!

Even losing 3-1 to Solihull was positive, we more than matched a side who nearly got promoted to the football league. And only lost due to the extra quality such a side possess and due to the extra fitness they had, which came with them playing two different XI's.

Now, I know Cradley and Boldmere may not provide the stiffest of competitions, but to score six and seven is brilliant. Stourbr*dge will obviously provide a tougher test and should tell us more about where we are.

The biggest compliment I could probably pay Paul Smith and the players right now is stating how much I'm looking forward to Saturday. Now, over the last 4 seasons or so, I've looked forward to varying games due to varying reasons, such as local derbies, a good away day with good people or the fact it's the first game of the season. But I've never looked forward to a match because the football I'll be watching is that good. And that's how I honestly feel about Saturday. I can't wait to watch the Yeltz play football.

To anyone who has stayed away over the past few years, for whatever reason, please come back. Football down the Grove is finally enjoyable again.

I'm really finding it hard to keep my feet on the floor right now. As a pessimistic idiot, I'm not used to this. It's too good to be true, surely?
keep taking the tablets Josh ... thought pre season couldn't get any better and then this morning find out that Montel signed a contract last night ... that will upset that little gaggle of scouts who were watching him last night ;D
It's gone almost too well! We've been here before, where we look good in pre-season, then the regular season starts and we look poor. This does feel different, mainly because we have a settled squad, and have done so for a while.

In seasons gone by, we've looked good in pre-season and completely changed style and even the team come game one of the regular season.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

yeltzknowles
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by yeltzknowles » 17 Jul 2019, 10:13

do we know what scouts were watching montel??

heard it was Stourbr*dge which makes it all the more sweeter he’s signed a contract

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 17 Jul 2019, 18:17

yeltzknowles wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 10:13

heard it was Stourbr*dge which makes it all the more sweeter he’s signed a contract
Stafford, Kidderminster and Wrexham my spies told me ... well they can sod off or come bag with 💰😂

YeltzTV
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzTV » 17 Jul 2019, 21:36

The Mikes 0 - 7 The Yeltz

Match Highlights: https://youtu.be/RzuIHlPCgJg

Post Match Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejv5WbGeyiA

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Jul 2019, 22:41

The first two goals are a thing of beauty. Especially the second, wonderful team goal.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 17 Jul 2019, 22:43

YeltzTV wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 21:36

Brilliant again ;D

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 18 Jul 2019, 00:14

YeltzTV wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 21:36

Brilliant. Loving the new improved Yeltz TV highlights this season. No disrespect at all intended to the previous chaps who did it as they put a lot of time and effort in and deserve great credit for that but these look just that bit more professional.

It was great watching those goals again, some great team goals. Also forgot how many chances we had the first half, could have been double figures we were that impressive.

Liking the post match interviews with the manager too, he seems very focused and comes across very well.

What is there to moan about?!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Jul 2019, 08:20

old git wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 18:17
yeltzknowles wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 10:13

Stafford, Kidderminster and Wrexham my spies told me ... well they can sod off or come bag with 💰😂
I can't see him even starting the season for us. Unfortunately the club's looking at him won't pay much money will they.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 18 Jul 2019, 08:59

andy wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 08:20
I can't see him even starting the season for us. Unfortunately the club's looking at him won't pay much money will they.
They'll have to pay something or leave him to score 50 for us......

Smith backs hitman Gibson to shine for Halesowen Town
By Chris Flavell

MANAGER Paul Smith says new striker Montel Gibson has all the attributes to be a big hit for Halesowen Town this season.
The former Notts County, Ilkeston and Redditch United hitman has signed a contract with the Yeltz as they look to make an immediate return to the Southern League Central.
The 21-year-old announced himself to the Halesowen fans by netting four in Tuesday night's 7-0 success at Boldmere following a brace at Cradley Town last week.
Smith is excited to have captured the striker and believes he's now ready to make his mark in the game.

He said: "I've worked with Montel before at Redditch but he couldn't split his outside life with his football life at the time and in the end I had to let him go.
"I always knew there was a really good footballer in there and he's got his head right now and is putting in the right application and has been nothing short of outstanding so far.
"There was interest in him which is why we were keen to get him nailed down to a contract.It's great he's going to be with us this year.
"He can go as far as wants as long as he continues to listen and continues to work as hard as he has been doing.
"He can be a major player for us and has the ability to score a bag full of goals."

On the Boldmere win, he added: "I thought we played some really nice stuff but what is most pleasing is the way the players are taking our instructions on board.
"That is testament to their hard work that they are able to put in these performances so early in pre-season.
"I also don't think we are anywhere near the finished article at the moment, which is the pleasing part and leads me to think this group can achieve big things.
"The big thing now is that we keep our feet on the ground and keep working. We have done well in games so far but nothing is won in June and July."

Halesowen now face rivals Stourbr*dge in their next friendly this Saturday.
"I understand these games are important to the fans but we won't be approaching it any differently. No points can be won and we just want to keep building.
"We will be trying our hardest to win it for the fans but you have to remember the bigger picture as well."