Yeltz Forum Member

First Signing

Post by Simons » 21 May 2019, 20:28

George Forsyth has signed on contract

welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: First Signing

Post by welshyeltz » 21 May 2019, 20:34

Excellent signing. More experienced now and were playing at a lower level . If others cone with the same experience it will be an indication of the plans and expectations for the season ahead. Promotion back up should be the aim

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 30 May 2019, 07:14

Halesowen boss Paul Smith close to further signings

BOSS Paul Smith is closing in on further signings as he continues to build his Halesowen Town squad.

The new Yeltz boss has been talking to a host of targets in recent weeks and hopes to be able to name two or three additions by the end of the week.

Smith has already captured his first signing for the Yeltz when bringing in George Forsyth despite interest from other clubs.

Forsyth, who can play at both centre half and central midfield, began his footballing career with Wolverhampton Wanderers and following a spell as a schoolboy at Shrewsbury Town joined Kidderminster Harriers.

Following a successful spell with the youth team, Forsyth signed a contract with the Harriers and spent time out on loan to several clubs including a 16 game spell with the Yeltz in the 2015-16 season.

He signed for Gloucester City in 2017 and followed this up with a successful loan and then permanent move to Worcester City before signing for Stourbr*dge in early 2019.

Smith now hopes to quickly add to his arrival at the Grove.

He said: "I'm pleased with the work we have done so far and the signing of George Forsyth is a great start for us and I'm hopeful of following that up with two or three others at the end of the week.

"I had identified the players I wanted to bring to the club once I got the job and have been busy talking to them in recent weeks.

"Things are progressing well and I'm confident we'll have a strong squad in time for the start of the season.

"People think it's a quiet time for us managers but that isn't the case at all. This is our busiest time as we try and speak to a small pool of players in the area.

"They have six or seven other clubs who they can talk to as well so sometimes it's just a case of being patient and waiting to see what happens.

"We're lucky because the size of the club is a real pull for players.

"I have spoken to the players that were here last season and made it clear to them that they can come back and play a part next season.

"I also told them they have to take some responsibility for the relegation and will have the opportunity to put that right If they want it.

"No one wants a relegation on their CV and the only way to take it off is by helping that club back to the level they came from.

"But the situation is the same as those other players we're talking to because everyone will be talking to other clubs at the moment.

"I'm pleased with the irons we have in the fire and hopefully we'll get a few over the line soon."

https://www.halesowennews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -signings/
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 31 May 2019, 07:38

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 31 May 2019, 10:19

That's five now. Look decent players that have played above our current level. I'm looking forward to this now!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 31 May 2019, 13:09

Sounds very promising, I like the sound of the signings. You need attacking full backs to be successful.

I'm excited for the season and hopefully redemption.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 31 May 2019, 14:34

Look to be positive signings. Hopefully young and hungry players. All seem to be local and are known to Paul Smith.

He built a young Bromsgrove side and got them working together well. :)