Alverchurch Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Alverchurch Updates

Post by Rich » 01 Apr 2024, 17:34

andy wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 17:28
The amount of updates probably sums that one up. After about 1 minutes worth of excitement in the first half where their keeper pulled off a couple of saves, the second half could only get better. Well, for Alvechurch it did. Totally dominated and then we hit them with a sucker punch. Still, a win's a win, but I'm not sure what Russ is learning about the players we currently have. Very little I would suspect. One big shout today, Taylor was magnificent.
Think we found out Holmes isn't a central midfielder and Boothe is not up to the standard needed.

Winter Parker and Taylor immense today. Manning looked good in patches but the rest seemed lost in the system we tried to play.

Still another 3 points on the board and 10 for me in Fantasy League so happy days ;D

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 01 Apr 2024, 17:43

Never a fan of the 2 games in 3 days, thought we stood off them to much 2nd half and their no 10 Nick Clayton Phillips was given to much time on the ball to run the show. Can see some wholesale changes coming in the summer with a lot of trialists.

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 01 Apr 2024, 17:47

Southern League Premier Central – Monday, 1st April 2024

Halesowen Town 1 Alvechurch 0

Luke Redfern’s late header completed a smash and grab raid for Halesowen against unlucky Alvechurch in the penultimate home game of the season, writes DJ.

Halesowen manager Russ Penn admitted. “It wasn’t pretty. I’m disappointed with the performance but delighted with the result. It’s the end of season, so I’m trying things out but the cohesion was not there. I’m not hiding from the fact we weren’t great today but we ground it out.”

In an end-to-end first-half Todd Parker cut inside for Halesowen but goalkeeper Ronnie Hollingshead parried his 13th minute shot away. A minute later a low drive from Alvechurch’s Nicholas Clayton-Phillips was deflected away for a corner.

Hard-working Parker made a great interception in Halesowen’s defence to stop an 18th minute Alvechurch break and a 23rd minute shot from Ammar Dyer was grabbed by home goalkeeper Dan Platt as the visitors continued to find plenty of space in the home defence.

In a better spell for the Yeltz, Miracle Okafor’s 28th minute shot was turned away by Hollingshead and a minute later Okafor’s close range header was well saved by Hollingshead on his goal line after Okafor met McKauley Manning’s excellent left wing cross. Just before the interval, great defending from Halesowen’s Ryan Wynter kept out Finley Thorndike.

At the start of the second period Clayton-Phillips struck a free-kick past Halesowen’s post from the edge of the penalty area and the Church continued to squander good chances when well-placed Jaanai Gordon could only smack the ball against the crossbar when he met a 58th minute left-wing cross from Clayton-Phillips.

The Yeltz survived yet another scare in a 69th minute scramble after the ball pinged around the six-yard box and it proved not to be Alvechurch’s day again when Gordon finally turned home Dylan Allen-Hadley’s 77th minute cross, only for the goal to be ruled offside.

Halesowen threatened when the ball broke for substitute Kieren Donnelly in front of goal but Dyer snuffed out the danger. But the Yeltz then snatched all three points in the 80th minute when defender REDFERN headed home his first goal of the season into the top corner of the net directly from Manning’s corner.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt (c); Luke Redfern, McKauley Manning, Todd Parker, Ryan Wynter, Thomas Taylor, Jak Hickman (Kieren Donnelly 61), Kai Lissimore, Miracle Okafor, Jack Holmes (Caine Elliott 51), Ryan Boothe (Reece Mitchell 77). Subs Not Used: Nathan Hayward, William Harris.

Alvechurch: Ronnie Hollingshead; Joshua Dugmore (c) (Richard Batchelor 86), Ammar Dyer, Dylan Mitchell, Yaw Nantwi-Ofosu, Archie Crowther, Dylan Allen-Hadley (Daniele Reka 78), Kartell Dawkins, Jaanai Gordon, Nicholas Clayton-Phillips, Finley Thorndike. Subs Not Used: Ethan Patterson, Jack Hallahan, Ethan Young.

Referee: Keiran Forrest Attendance: 1,084
Booked: Crowther (20), Nantwi-Ofosu (45), Taylor (47)
Tulleys Print HTFC Man of the Match selected by the Vice-Presidents: Tom Taylor

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 01 Apr 2024, 17:59

We rode our luck today. Alvechurch got in behind us far too easily, at least in the first half. A better team would have been out of sight.

St Ives will be the last time we see a fair few of this team at The Grove. The writing's on the wall for a few fans' favourites, I reckon.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 01 Apr 2024, 18:09

Dazzie76 wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 17:43
Never a fan of the 2 games in 3 days, thought we stood off them to much 2nd half and their no 10 Nick Clayton Phillips was given to much time on the ball to run the show. Can see some wholesale changes coming in the summer with a lot of trialists.
And to be fair, thats two managers now they havent set the world alight under. I suspect some of them know it as well tbh. Not there today, but changes were always going to come.

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 01 Apr 2024, 18:09

Missed it today but does anyone know what the deal was with Gregory being replaced on the bench? I mean, was he doing pregame warmups or was it just an admin error.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 01 Apr 2024, 18:12

When Kiddy got promoted last season under Russ they only scored 49 goals in 46 games and conceded 42, so imagine he will want to bring in players to suit that style.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 01 Apr 2024, 18:17

TractionJackson wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 18:09
Missed it today but does anyone know what the deal was with Gregory being replaced on the bench? I mean, was he doing pregame warmups or was it just an admin error.
He was kitted up and participating in the warm up

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 01 Apr 2024, 19:27

If that's the future... hmm. Too early to draw any conclusions in fairness, but certainly not much entertainment.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 01 Apr 2024, 19:36

fairweatherfan wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 19:27
If that's the future... hmm. Too early to draw any conclusions in fairness, but certainly not much entertainment.
Agree with this.......I know we all want to see our team win which we have the last 2 home games BUT I also want to be entertained and have to say very little of that :-\
We had flair players but we see nothing of them now able to show their skills. :(

Lets see what next season brings ???