Leamington

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Leamington

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 30 Mar 2024, 19:38

We more than matched them in the first half but were poor in the second. I don't remember us having a shot on target (although I may have nodded off at some point), so it's hard to argue we deserved anything.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 30 Mar 2024, 20:00

Looks like todays comments echo mine from last week.
Guess the Gaffer starting from the back and it seems we are much harder to break down now. Hopefully the back 5 and Eze ( any news on his injury?)
can remain intact for next season and perhaps a different style up front may take us to the next step next season.
Think getting Haywood back will give us some energy going forward in the coming games

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 31 Mar 2024, 11:44

I’m quick enough to moan about the coverage on the “award winning” BCR, so, fair’s fair, a word of praise for yesterday’s coverage.
Not on Black Country Radio, but on the new Halesowen Town Radio

A joint effort between the fella who used to do Hereford FC radio, and Matt Ponter.

A little stilted at times, but warmed up very well, and Mr Ponter is an assured and knowledgable commentator, in exactly the way that others aren’t.

They plan to do one more away match this season, then every match, home and away, next. They’ll also have music on at other times, although it wasn’t clear whether this would be with presenters or just the tunes.
And they have very laudable ambitions to broaden the scope with other local sports and community events.

Very enjoyable as I was plodding around the lanes of leafy Harrogate with the hounds.

A great addition and a great start.

Oh, and for those that missed “the usual”, I’ll fill in here so that the withdrawal isn’t too bad.

Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. Twisting and turning. etc

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 31 Mar 2024, 12:49

Not a great game, two average sides , no great quality or individual stand outs from anyone…. Draw would have been a fair result.. agree with previous post about KD…. Has got to cut that side of his game out….. no need for it and it’s not an isolated incident… still can’t get my head around starting line up…. Better players on the bench than what’s started, and better players released … in my opinion….. and yes Gregory should be pissed off… miracle had yet another off day, stayed on far too long and was eventually replaced by a worse player….. I think yesterday’s game was crying out for Gregory, or someone similar, who could control the game a little, hold the ball up and bring others into play….. I know he probably won’t be there next season, but he was on the bench yesterday and others weren’t performing….. Miracle doesn’t look like scoring in a month of Sunday’s… and the rest of his game was poor yesterday, as was others,to be fair…. He was presented with a golden opportunity, a strikers dream, and turned it into a nothing before trying to get a shot away…. He shouldn’t have to think about it… it should be natural to him,or any good striker… he does this most games and this season he’s missed a fair few sitters….. can’t keep on living on what he did earlier in the season, your only as good as your last game…. I also think , if better players don’t get a look in , that come the end of the season they will be off… IMO…

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 31 Mar 2024, 13:15

Sorry. As much as I love Gregs and his commitment, he doesnt have the legs for the pace of the game in this division. Defence are round him in the blink of an eye. Superb striker of the ball, superb at holding it up but....
Disagree it was two average sides either. They are having a great season. We are just finding our feet.
No complaints from me about the starting line up. Mini and Jack are very talented without question, but they aint guys for a battle.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 31 Mar 2024, 13:40

I think the game was crying out for Gregs. May lack pace but every time he plays his extra nous finds him space. You can guarantee within a game he will eek out at least a couple of decent chances. Until the injury time effort that went wide nobody had even looked like troubling their keeper.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 31 Mar 2024, 15:34

Scribbler wrote:
31 Mar 2024, 12:49
Not a great game, two average sides , no great quality or individual stand outs from anyone…. Draw would have been a fair result.. agree with previous post about KD…. Has got to cut that side of his game out….. no need for it and it’s not an isolated incident… still can’t get my head around starting line up…. Better players on the bench than what’s started, and better players released … in my opinion….. and yes Gregory should be pissed off… miracle had yet another off day, stayed on far too long and was eventually replaced by a worse player….. I think yesterday’s game was crying out for Gregory, or someone similar, who could control the game a little, hold the ball up and bring others into play….. I know he probably won’t be there next season, but he was on the bench yesterday and others weren’t performing….. Miracle doesn’t look like scoring in a month of Sunday’s… and the rest of his game was poor yesterday, as was others,to be fair…. He was presented with a golden opportunity, a strikers dream, and turned it into a nothing before trying to get a shot away…. He shouldn’t have to think about it… it should be natural to him,or any good striker… he does this most games and this season he’s missed a fair few sitters….. can’t keep on living on what he did earlier in the season, your only as good as your last game…. I also think , if better players don’t get a look in , that come the end of the season they will be off… IMO…
Not sure why you would have expected a different starting line up after winning last week. Russ doesn't seem to be one that changes things around just for the sake of it. It wouldn't be a surprise if all of yesterday's bench were not around next season

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 31 Mar 2024, 15:42

andy wrote:
31 Mar 2024, 13:40
I think the game was crying out for Gregs. May lack pace but every time he plays his extra nous finds him space. You can guarantee within a game he will eek out at least a couple of decent chances. Until the injury time effort that went wide nobody had even looked like troubling their keeper.
Wholly agree he holds the ball superbly and creates space and isnt shy at launching a shot as I said. But I just feel the game needs that, but also pace to attack. And im in no way criticising him at all. I dont think its by chance that he is being used sparingly. Edited: I also think against the lower end teams, he would be more of a threat. I think Leamington are a bit too clever for that.

Actually yesterday, my initial thought was, the front line problems that have plagued us, returned.

Result wise against a team doing very well, we were unlucky to lose that.
Last edited by drummyb on 31 Mar 2024, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 31 Mar 2024, 15:47

Simons wrote:
31 Mar 2024, 15:34
Scribbler wrote:
31 Mar 2024, 12:49
Not sure why you would have expected a different starting line up after winning last week. Russ doesn't seem to be one that changes things around just for the sake of it. It wouldn't be a surprise if all of yesterday's bench were not around next season
Id be very surprised if they were, but Id also expect a lot of the starting line up to move on. That happens naturally of course, but I also think Russ will want to shape his own team. He has set them a challenge, and to be fair they have all put the effort in. I just feel we come up short in some areas.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 31 Mar 2024, 17:38

Id be a crap manager. In my head I can make a case for almost every player being retained. So this time next year we'd probably be about tenth.....😂
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0