Barwell Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barwell Updates

Post by Dazzie76 » 02 Mar 2024, 20:00

Some local manager has stated the gravy train is going to end for some of this team hopefully sooner than later. Far better players out their for the money with some of our current squad are being paid as results are showing. Hope Josh Ezewele is OK probably 1 of 3 I would keep for next season.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 02 Mar 2024, 21:58

KenR wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 19:18
The danger is though Andy, we will risk losing our better players if progress is not seen to be made so that includes bringing better players in before the end of the season.
Yeah I can buy that. I would just like to see though if he can gel the best players we have into a more structured unit. We showed it was there earlier in the season and I would like to see if it was possible before offloading too many.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 02 Mar 2024, 22:01

....but if he can find the holy grail of a quality finisher that doesn't break the bank, bring him in tomorrow. ;D
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 03 Mar 2024, 07:59

Early days, don’t judge a manager on one game….. give him time to see what he can do with the squad that he has and I’m sure he will add players and let some go ,as is inevitable if we want to progress….. As for yesterday’s game, another poor performance, showing how poor and threadbare the squad is…. IMO..some players are just not good enough, fit enough or strong enough to play at this level…this was so evident in yesterday’s game…. Having said that,we missed two sitters and another two very good chances, enough to have won the game…. Frustrating…. Desperately need a top striker and a voice on the pitch controlling things….As for any new players coming in… their contracts should be performance related… ie. X amount basic. X+y for a win etc and also have a team man of the match award of an extra £200, judged by a proper panel…. Give them insensitives’s to give 100% every game…..
Good luck with the task ahead, looking forward to see what you can bring to the club….

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 03 Mar 2024, 08:23

We currently have the joint top scorer in the league, who seemingly continues to get questioned. Top striker, we have one, get behind him, give him confidence and I am sure he will become even better. We could do with 'another' top striker to go with him, a partner, think how good he would be then.

Poor yesterday, basically bullied

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 03 Mar 2024, 09:20

I think there is an air of inevitability within the squad that a new broom sweeps clean. The question is when?
Whenever management is replaced more often than not the previous incumbent will then go back to their previous place and "poach" the best of what's there. That might not happen immediately but I have a feeling over a period of time there will be faces coming into the squad who've previously played for Russ, especially with his knowledge of non league and those deemed surplus to requirements moved on.
Whatever happens as previous posters have pointed out we really need a settled eleven.
Onwards to Tuesday..........

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 03 Mar 2024, 09:24

Yeltzbaby wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 08:23
We currently have the joint top scorer in the league, who seemingly continues to get questioned. Top striker, we have one, get behind him, give him confidence and I am sure he will become even better. We could do with 'another' top striker to go with him, a partner, think how good he would be then.

Poor yesterday, basically bullied
Ive said many times I like Miracle. He gives 100% everytime. And that bright start he looked like he would score every game. He doesn't look that player now and thats why he needs help. Greg's god love him, doesnt have the legs. Boothe did ok when he came on, but we're too easy to defend against. Everytime Barwell got to our box, you feared a goal. I didnt get that with us, yes we had numerous chances, but all wasted.

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 03 Mar 2024, 15:57

Lot of fantasy football spending other people's money going on in here. Though I suppose "with the budget we have"™ that's understandable.

Manager not good enough to get us into playoffs - bin him.
Players not good enough to get us into playoffs - bin them next.

Looking forward I seeing the third part of this plan, guys.

uncle jack and coke
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by uncle jack and coke » 03 Mar 2024, 17:07

TractionJackson wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 15:57
Lot of fantasy football spending other people's money going on in here. Though I suppose "with the budget we have"™ that's understandable.

Manager not good enough to get us into playoffs - bin him.
Players not good enough to get us into playoffs - bin them next.

Looking forward I seeing the third part of this plan, guys.
You beat me to it.
I was going to say that for many last week it was the manager isn't good enough.. get rid of him.
This week , the players aren't good enough.. get rid of them.
Watch out Keith, next week you won't be good enough for some.

Ooh and to those that claim to be in the know, just how much is our "biggest budget in the league"? Listening to Paul's last interview he said that he'd been unable to get 2 deals for strikers over the line. That to me suggests that our budget is not as big as some seem to believe.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 03 Mar 2024, 17:13

The manager signed the players. The two go hand in hand surely? And yeah. They looked way out of their depth yesterday. And that has been raised before as part of the same issue.
No-one is calling for 11 brand new players I dont think. But it will happen that lots will be let go come close season. Don't know why you're getting so defensive here??
Clearly we're in a slump and its a combination of reasons. It's not unique.