Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Royston Updates

Post by Rich » 25 Feb 2024, 19:47

Simons wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 18:55
Rich wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 18:20
We have under performed in the second half of the season but no one has given us a tanking (maybe first half at St Ives?)
A bit of luck here and there and some better finishes and we would not have lost so many games.

All ifs and buts and what haves but I always see the first season after promotion as consolidation. Our start gave us what we now know was false hope and maybe some players thought they were better than they actually are but this is not the Premier league where managers can be sourced world wide.
To get new guy in would really mean a whole new squad and major upheaval.
I say start planning new players now and see how we go to Christmas next season. If things still not picking up to acceptable levels then act.
The players need to take some accountability and now is the time to tell them in no uncertain terms they are playing for next years contract

I really enjoy this forum for its civil discussions. Lets not make it facebook like!!!
[/quot

Looking at recent performances how many would you want playing for us next season, or is it that they have become disillusioned with the manager themselves. It is also the strange decisions that are made. Bringing Evans back, bringing Simeon back, and now both gone again, signing Isaac from Lye on the strength of a good game against us in County Cup, which might have had more to do with how badly we played.
I would say 6 or 7 of them I would like to see hear next season as starters.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 25 Feb 2024, 19:49

piearce9 wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 19:46
Dislocated shoulder, god knows how long that keeps you out for but imagine it’s a good few weeks.
I know that was first report before went to hospital but any after. Would say his season over or last couple of matches at best?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Feb 2024, 21:09

Rich wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 19:49
piearce9 wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 19:46
Dislocated shoulder, god knows how long that keeps you out for but imagine it’s a good few weeks.
I know that was first report before went to hospital but any after. Would say his season over or last couple of matches at best?
Shame. I really rate the guy. Hoping for a quick recovery and that Paul will actually play him every week.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0