Sudbury Away

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sudbury Away

Post by lutleyyeltz » 19 Feb 2024, 08:17

KenR wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 20:03
I may be wrong Lutters but I detect that more supporters are becoming increasingly disgruntled with Smith's team selections and tactics.
Why didn't I think of that?

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 19 Feb 2024, 09:14

Frustrating….. would only be repeating what I’ve posted in previous weeks/months…. But it looks like those who are happy with a mid or low table finish will get their way ….. FACT ….

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 19 Feb 2024, 09:29

A few tweaks tactically as I don't think you can argue with 90% of the players we've had the past 4 years, a little more humbleness and less Claudio Ranieri maybe and a realistic approach to we can't win every league we play in!

If you think we're that bad now, you are lucky not to have witnessed at least 20 years of shite / mind numbing boredom most seasons in the last 30-34!!!! We've won 2 titles after being relegated, 1 play off win and a play off loss in the semis. And of course the runners up to Rushden 92 points season chasing the Conference way back....................................we're hardly Man City

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 19 Feb 2024, 12:01

Well. If anyone thinks we're bad, needs to give their head a wobble. We're ok. Not superb, not terrible, but managing ok.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Feb 2024, 13:30

TBH we're actually doing WELL. It's the frustration that we should actually be challenging for promotion with what we've got. As HH has said with the right tweaks I believe we could be as good as any team in this division. I honestly don't want or expect anything that is beyond us or unrealistic, I just feel we may be missing another opportunity here. And yes, we have seen some shocking teams in the last 20 odd years, and some very, very good ones before that, but I don't want to make a comparison with those sides. Now is now, and as happy as I am with the league position I feel we could be much better.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 19 Feb 2024, 17:36

I think the reason we haven't done better is there has been too much reliance on Miracle to get goals, so when he hasn't we have struggled. He has got to 20 now in all competitions but the next highest is Donnelly with 7.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 19 Feb 2024, 17:52

Scribbler wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 09:14
Frustrating….. would only be repeating what I’ve posted in previous weeks/months…. But it looks like those who are happy with a mid or low table finish will get their way ….. FACT ….

This made me giggle. Unlucky lads keep up the great work. Better and higher placed than probably 95% of our clubs history

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 19 Feb 2024, 18:04

Do you think the dressing room are pleased with our league position? And how results have fallen this season?

Or are they thinking the same as (most of) us? That we've got more quality in the side than is currently being reflected.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 19 Feb 2024, 18:21

lutleyyeltz wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 18:50
Do I detect an unwillingness to comment on the game?
Not had too many 'reports' from people at the game so has been hard to comment.

Disappointed that we let a lead go against a lower placed team but positive that we kept battling and came away with the draw.

I had to take other half to a party in Bath so took the chance to watch a step 4 game, Larkhall v Evesham.
No disrespect at all to Larkhall but it showed how good the pitch and facilities are at the Grove.
The grass was very long and more like parks pitch. neither team seemed to have a game plan and had a crowd of 180. This did include a very vociferous Evesham contingent. this was step 4 the level we got out of last season.
Really made me thankful for us having the Management team we have to buld our club up.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 19 Feb 2024, 18:33

piearce9 wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 18:04
Do you think the dressing room are pleased with our league position? And how results have fallen this season?

Or are they thinking the same as (most of) us? That we've got more quality in the side than is currently being reflected.
I think this is the nub of the issue, but I also think the constant sniping at the manager from some quarters really doesn't help.