Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Bromsgrove Updates

Post by Rich » 28 Jan 2024, 09:15

piearce9 wrote:
27 Jan 2024, 20:51
Our starting 11 picks itself at the moment
[/quote]

Think you're right with this.
What has happened to Hickman though? No sign of him around the squad on match day? Is he a player with dual registration?

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 28 Jan 2024, 09:59

Hickman is away on business, and has been for a few weeks.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 28 Jan 2024, 14:42

Just the kind of win we probably needed in that we got the important first goal, was pretty comfortable and looked in control without really having to be at our best. Disappointed however with our set pieces, defensively yet again we concede from a corner despite looking far stronger defensively with the Wynter/Taylor combination and at the other end we just don't look a threat from set pieces at all and we've still only scored one goal all season from a corner. Miracle looked better when he came on but I hope Gregs' injury isn't too serious especially as he's looking more match fit. Bromsgrove are pretty horrible to play against, they've great a great player in Connor Tee but the ball seemed to spend so much time in the air yesterday he never really threatened. I genuinely think we tried to play in the right areas yesterday - we mixed it up at times yes but Bromsgrove were probably the most direct team I've seen this season.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 28 Jan 2024, 21:04

Interesting quote about Gregs looking match fit. He certainly has a lot of strengths, but always seems slower than other players. That isnt a criticism at all but an observation.