Coalville

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coalville

Post by andy » 26 Nov 2023, 15:54

andy wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 15:39
😂😂😂 and fall for it I did. They really have changed it back. Or was that you as well.😂😂😂
The dragonofbatley apparently. He only lives down the road. He obviously hasn't heard about the slayerofhuby.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 26 Nov 2023, 16:16

JCC covered that place off.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 26 Nov 2023, 19:00

Superb coverage, Doc - enjoyed that :D

Unfortunately wasn’t there yesterday but felt like I was reading all that ;D

Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Josh1873 » 27 Nov 2023, 10:49

A draw away to Coalville is by no means a bad point. I'd certainly have taken a point at 15:00. We're currently 8th and a point outside of the play off places. I'd have taken that on 5th August. To date we have had a very good season, at least in terms of the league. The first 10 league games we were excellent. However, the annual Paul Smith Autumnal droop is currently taking place. Why is this a regular thing? Why do we always start well, but as soon as we lose that first league game, it all unravels? It's bizarre to me.

As good as the start of the season is, and as happy as I am with the current league position, I just can't ignore the recent results and performances. I am beginning to become concerned that it's more than a run of form - In the last 12 games we have been dumped out of the FA Cup and Trophy to teams at our level (albeit we were unlucky against Enfield, and that result could have gone either way), battered and dumped out of the BSC by Lye, a side a division below us, and won only 2 of the last 8 league games, those two wins against two sides in the relegation zone.

Just as worrying to me as the results is the performances. We haven't played well of late. We are conceding the same type of goal on an all too regular basis (the opposition attack our right hand side, get to the by-line, cross the ball, and score an easy tap in, why has this not been addressed?), we have lost all our attacking creativity, and Miracle looks a shadow of the payer we saw in those first ten games. The 4-3-3 formation is doing absolutely nothing for us. We have no protection down the wings, we are severely exposed centrally and Miracle is so isolated up front on his own. Get him some support, please!

I thought we played well enough in the first half Saturday, we controlled possession and didn't allow Coalville any chances, save for some pressure they applied in first half injury time. However, the second half was poor. We could and should have been 3 or 4-0 down. That second half performance is becoming far too common for my liking. I've no qualms with the effort and commitment of the players, that isn't in question. St Ives away the exception. I do, however, feel like we are playing too many square pegs in round holes and we aren't playing the best system to get the best out of the available players.

I hope it is just a blip and we will turn the corner, but with Mickleover and Stamford coming up we could realistically be looking at 2 wins in 11 league games and on a slide that will be difficult to halt. That's the negative view.

However, there is still reason to be optimistic, our league position is more than healthy, and while we are still in touch with the play-off race I'll be happy. This season is on a knife edge, for me. We're not far away from being a very good side and having an excellent season. We have the squad and we have already shown we are more than capable. However, it could unravel very quickly if this slump carries on and obvious issues aren't addressed ASAP.

I may be being arrogant or unrealistic but just 'surviving' in this league should never be our goal. Anyone who is happy with just making up the numbers should give their head a wobble. Just the same as those who think we should win every game and be top of the league, and are calling for Paul Smith to be sacked. As I said in another thread, being in and around the play-offs with a chance of still making them in the last few games would be a good season for me.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Nov 2023, 18:01

Yep. The concern is not the position we are in or the effort being put in. If all our results were jumbled up there would be little concern. But the facts can't be denied, we are on a poor run. At the same time of year again. Strange.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 27 Nov 2023, 21:25

Bit concerning this comment which hasnt been clarified- 'Morris has left'.
Hopefully not but does this show disharmony within the camp??

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 27 Nov 2023, 21:33

YeltzDoc wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 14:31
Rumourage of a squabble leading to the 90's graffito throwback of "Morris Out" and he wasn't there
Surely that clarified?

Some hearsay of a disagreement with the manager, but no concrete details as to what, if anything, it was about, and whether or not it's resulted in him leaving.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Nov 2023, 21:34

Rich wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 21:25
Or about 3 dozen centre halfs?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Nov 2023, 21:42

Actually I thought with Evo returning we had 5 centre halfs but now I can only think of 4. ::)

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 27 Nov 2023, 21:52

Rich wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 21:25
Well. I was told it by someone at the match and Ive no reason to disbelieve after Yeltzdoc's opus.
Disappointing but....
Everyone on here supports Halesowen. We disagree frequently over differing issues. Why shouldnt people at the club? Emotions run high as global news tends to prove.