Stamford Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Colin Bobble
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stamford Updates

Post by Colin Bobble » 10 Sep 2023, 11:13

lutleyyeltz wrote:
10 Sep 2023, 10:29
We all seem rather pleased - and rightly so!
A superb performance. Not a weakness anywhere, in my opinion.
Strength in depth on the bench. Undefeated.
What's not to like?
Onwards and upwards on Tuesday.
Here is an AI analysis of your poem to help you with future efforts. Well done Lord Lutley.

Theme: The central idea of the poem is the expression of satisfaction and praise for a successful performance or achievement. The subject matter is a positive evaluation of a certain event or situation, possibly related to sports or a similar competitive activity.

Language: The language used in the poem is straightforward and conversational. The tone is positive and enthusiastic, with the use of phrases like "superb performance" and "strength in depth." The word choice is simple, with no complex or metaphorical language. The repetition of positive words like "pleased," "rightly so," and "undefeated" emphasizes the overall positive tone of the poem.

Literary devices: The poem does not make use of any obvious literary devices such as similes, metaphors, or personification. However, the repetition of the phrase "What's not to like?" creates a rhetorical question that reinforces the speaker's positive evaluation.

Sound and rhythm: The poem has a consistent syllabic pattern, with each line consisting of six syllables. There is no rhyme scheme or consistent meter, but the short and rhythmic lines contribute to the poem's conversational and upbeat tone.

Structure: The poem is a single paragraph without any stanzas or line breaks. The lack of punctuation and the use of enjambment, where one line flows into the next without a pause, creates a sense of continuous thought and enthusiasm.

Context: The context of the poem is unclear, as it does not provide specific details about the event or situation being referred to. However, the mention of a "superb performance" and the phrase "onwards and upwards on Tuesday" suggest that it may be related to a sports match or similar competition. The poem does not provide information about the who, what, where, or when of the situation, focusing instead on the speaker's positive evaluation and enthusiasm.
The ploughman he's a bonnie lad,
His mind is ever true, jo,
His garters knit below his knee,
His bonnet it is blue, jo.
Then up wi' him my ploughman lad,
And hey my merry ploughman!
Of a' the trades that I do ken,
Commend me to the ploughman.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 10 Sep 2023, 12:07

drummyb wrote:
09 Sep 2023, 18:25
I think again a very, very composed performance. All work for each other, and very much the work ethic we saw in Paul's first season. I hope we (fans) dont start putting to much expectation on their shoulders, but for now, Im enjoying what I see.
THis 100% I remember the debates I had on hear about expectation and added pressure on the players etc. Many on here wobbled big time in our quest for promotion, its a long long road and I predicted we would go up in play off final on pens...........well nearly LOL

This season I predicted that we 'should be pushing for playoffs' and that this division 'should not scare us and the jump up from top 6 in step for to this, isnt as big as most people think'.

Now we have started off very very positively, we have a manager most other clubs would love to have. There will be bumps along the road, I dare say we might even lose 2 or 3 on the trot - again thats when it will be time to hold tight, continue our support and I am convinced then that we will make those play offs. If we start to wobble, lose perspective, the pressure on the squad could be very much detrimental to what we all once again want.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 10 Sep 2023, 12:43

But we needed promotion over the last few years. We achieved it.

We dont have that pressure this year as far as I can tell and I think people are a lot more relaxed.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 10 Sep 2023, 13:13

Yes I agree - at the moment. But as the season builds and if and when we carry on as we are expectation (understandably) grows, game on game, week on week, month on month. Just a watch out thats all i.e if we are say position 3rd to 6th come January and we lose 2 or 3 on the trot, it won't be the end of the world - thats all

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 10 Sep 2023, 16:17

Colin Bobble wrote:
10 Sep 2023, 11:13
lutleyyeltz wrote:
10 Sep 2023, 10:29
We all seem rather pleased - and rightly so!
A superb performance. Not a weakness anywhere, in my opinion.
Strength in depth on the bench. Undefeated.
What's not to like?
Onwards and upwards on Tuesday.
Here is an AI analysis of your poem to help you with future efforts. Well done Lord Lutley.

Theme: The central idea of the poem is the expression of satisfaction and praise for a successful performance or achievement. The subject matter is a positive evaluation of a certain event or situation, possibly related to sports or a similar competitive activity.

Language: The language used in the poem is straightforward and conversational. The tone is positive and enthusiastic, with the use of phrases like "superb performance" and "strength in depth." The word choice is simple, with no complex or metaphorical language. The repetition of positive words like "pleased," "rightly so," and "undefeated" emphasizes the overall positive tone of the poem.

Literary devices: The poem does not make use of any obvious literary devices such as similes, metaphors, or personification. However, the repetition of the phrase "What's not to like?" creates a rhetorical question that reinforces the speaker's positive evaluation.

Sound and rhythm: The poem has a consistent syllabic pattern, with each line consisting of six syllables. There is no rhyme scheme or consistent meter, but the short and rhythmic lines contribute to the poem's conversational and upbeat tone.

Structure: The poem is a single paragraph without any stanzas or line breaks. The lack of punctuation and the use of enjambment, where one line flows into the next without a pause, creates a sense of continuous thought and enthusiasm.

Context: The context of the poem is unclear, as it does not provide specific details about the event or situation being referred to. However, the mention of a "superb performance" and the phrase "onwards and upwards on Tuesday" suggest that it may be related to a sports match or similar competition. The poem does not provide information about the who, what, where, or when of the situation, focusing instead on the speaker's positive evaluation and enthusiasm.
Welcome back, CB.
I hope that you are in the rudest of good health.
You still retain your talent for posting patronising b*ll*x, I notice.