Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Rushall friendly.

Post by lutleyyeltz » 22 Jul 2023, 16:47

FT 1 - 1

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 22 Jul 2023, 17:44

Encouraging first half. Moved the ball around with some slick passing. No 6 looked promising and Miracl is going to cause some headaches. Second half formation change killed the game though

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 22 Jul 2023, 21:17

I think once we got past the first 10/15 minutes we was probably the better side, we had a change in formation from the other games I've seen so far pre-season I thought certainly helped us. Hayward going off injured just before half time was a miss for us in the second half, he walked off, so hopefully it's nothing too serious and just a precaution. (Why with our luck with injuries on these bloody plastic pitches we have got so many pre season games on these pitches I can't get my head around)
Second half - the number substitutions we made as the half went on meant a change in formation and Rushall's changes made them better, a draw was a fair result on the basis that we was the better side for most of the first half and they certainly had the better of the second half. Platty was excellent, making a couple of top saves, Wynter just oozes quality and I thought Trialist A/ Player A also looked more than capable.

It's starting to come together I feel and we won't be playing sides with the quality of Crewe, Kidderminster and Rushall next season and playing these better sides with so many new players is, in my humble a better option than playing (with respect) the likes of Cradley and Tipton like we have done in the past.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ