Spalding updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Spalding updates

Post by andy » 29 Apr 2023, 22:30

PS thank you to the Stamford fans who joined our ranks today. Looking forward to joining you next season.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 29 Apr 2023, 22:58

andy wrote:
29 Apr 2023, 22:26
And recovered. Thank you beer. Enormously happy that this rollercoaster season has ended positively for us. The game was a microcosm of the season. Started well, went to pieces, regained our composure and fell over the line. Magnificent. Couldn't be happier for Keith and Karen, so so deserved, the players and staff, for all the fans ( hope some of you glory hunters return next year ;) ), but most of all for me! The highs and lows of the last 4 tortuous years at this level are now history. Let's make sure it stays that way. Thank you to everyone. Onwards.
The game was a reflection of the entire season. Superb to shite, to superb. I cannot remember a thing about the game due to nerves...(well apart from Josh in full rant on the Stourbr*dge Rd.

8 months. Hundreds of pounds. Miles. Hotels. New Towns. Emotions.

And bang. We're promoted.

See you in July/August!!!

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 29 Apr 2023, 23:12

We were dreadful for almost of all the game, but still found a way. That's what good teams do. Jack Holmes and Jamie Insall were the difference today. Our bench was better than theirs. I feel about 30 years older than I did this morning but what a day...

Solly39
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Solly39 » 30 Apr 2023, 06:24

Wow, now that was what is commonly known as a smash n grab victory. 2nd best all over the park for the majority of the game but we brought on quality and changed our shape to find a way. Platty's save kept us in it & he deserves the keys to Asda. Holmes notably lifted our tempo & with Spalding legs tiring he drove us to success. Insall bagging the winner, well, it was written in the stars that one.

Lady luck might have been missing last year but she arrived around 4.45 yesterday to give us that helping hand. 🥳

So, will it be the NPL or the SPL Central.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 30 Apr 2023, 11:35

As yet , still too drained to comment, I'll try again tomorrow.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 30 Apr 2023, 13:04

Well......yesterday! I could've gi e to Alton Towers and not have gone through that many emotions and it only cost me £10:00!
Well done and congratulations to everyone at the club.

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 30 Apr 2023, 15:37

Non-League Paper:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 30 Apr 2023, 17:01

DJ wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 15:37
Non-League Paper:
I've been and bought it for the first time in ages. It just had to be done ;)

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 01 May 2023, 00:02

Unbelievable - at 4:40pm yesterday my mind was thinking of new away trips to Walsall Wood and Lye as well as local games only the plastic of Sutton Coldfield, Bedwuff and Khalsa (although I do enjoy Khalsa) and that soulless shit hole Coleshill, throw in Corby again for good measure and it really was a depressing thought. Somehow though, we found a way. So happy with how it turned out though, especially for our owners and those people who work so tirelessly for the football club. An interesting summer ahead I'm sure...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 01 May 2023, 21:34

RobYeltz wrote:
01 May 2023, 00:02
Unbelievable - at 4:40pm yesterday my mind was thinking of new away trips to Walsall Wood and Lye as well as local games only the plastic of Sutton Coldfield, Bedwuff and Khalsa (although I do enjoy Khalsa) and that soulless shit hole Coleshill, throw in Corby again for good measure and it really was a depressing thought. Somehow though, we found a way. So happy with how it turned out though, especially for our owners and those people who work so tirelessly for the football club. An interesting summer ahead I'm sure...
If your thoughts, hope and aspirations are turning towards The Lye as a new away trip, I think you dont know the meaning of depression!! ;D
Not sure where youre from but Lye and Cradley in my mind was always a novelty derby.

Lye have done well and theyre the perfect example of a local non League side. Never really been at our level but nonetheless, think Gresley in that its a club that always flirts with step 3/4.

Just a shame the town is a dump on the edge of Sourbridge ;D