Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coleshill Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 25 Apr 2023, 21:34

Sub: Hickman for Cobourne

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 25 Apr 2023, 22:11

Well. What a humdinger. We rode our luck at times and lost at head tennis numerous times. However, we always looked dangerous going forwards and our back line was solid. Josh Ezewele for me was again awesome, but everyone put a shift in.
Coleshill to their credit gave us a game but looked a bit shot shy although very pacey. We've been where they are and its tough.

Thats half time now. Well done lads. Lets keep that attitude going forwards and get at em.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Apr 2023, 22:37

F*ck me I can't take any more. Well done lads. So far so good.👏
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

hinckmeister
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by hinckmeister » 25 Apr 2023, 22:43

Super cool finish from Sim for our third goal. Nathan Hayward was superb throughout.
Come you Yeltz!

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 25 Apr 2023, 22:45

Big win tremendous atmosphere so relieved when our 3rd goal went in good team performance but I thought hayward was superb ran his socks off. Onto the big one

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 25 Apr 2023, 22:45

Northern Premier League Midlands Play-Off Semi-Final – Tuesday, 25th April 2023

Halesowen Town 3 Coleshill Town 1

Hard-working Halesowen made a dynamic start to conquer Coleshill and set up a play-off final against Spalding on Saturday at the Grove after a thrilling contest, writes DJ.

Yeltz manager Paul Smith caught his breath at the end of an exhilarating game: “We’re just halfway there after a fantastic win in a very good performance. We could’ve been 3 or 4 up in a pulsating start but a soft goal gave them momentum before we came back with Cobourne’s great finish. The unbelievable crowd were the extra man. My only focus now is to get the players ready for Saturday.”

Halesowen made a dream start with a 3rd minute goal in a blistering start to the game. A quickly taken free-kick put Tom Turton in space and he supplied Richard Gregory down the left. Gregory produced great work to cross from the by-line for incoming McKauley MANNING to drill home the opening goal. The Colemen escaped just a minute later when Gregory put Simeon Cobourne through and his fierce shot rebounded back off the underside of the crossbar.

Coleshill’s dangerous Kai Tonge lofted over the home bar from a 14th minute free-kick but it was the Yeltz who kept up the early onslaught to dominate the opening stages of an exciting game.

GREGORY soon doubled Halesowen’s lead after just 18 minutes when he stepped up to slot home from the penalty spot, sending goalkeeper Paul Hathaway the wrong way, after his scissor kick was blocked by the hands of Liam Molesworth from a right-wing cross. As the action continued in an excellent first half, Halesowen went close to a third goal in the 22nd minute but Hathaway blocked well from Cobourne’s low shot following a neat one-two.

However, Coleshill were given a route back into the game with a 24th minute goal after Tonge crossed from the left corner and Ewan WILLIAMS rose above Josh Quaynor with his looping header deceiving goalkeeper Dan Platt to cross the goal-line off the post despite Platt’s efforts to scoop the ball away.

Later in the blood-and-thunder first half, Hathaway held onto a great 25 yard drive from Manning and Tonge was then stopped for a corner for the visitors. Eight minutes before the interval Hathaway dived at Cobourne’s feet to grab the ball.

After the break, Gregory nodded wide from Manning’s 54th minute corner and four minutes later Gregory played a superb cross-field ball for Josh Ezewele to see his shot turned away for a corner. Hathaway then made another splendid save after Cobourne surged forward after an hour.

Coleshill’s ex-Yeltz substitute Chris Lait worked through in the 71st minute to fire just wide in a hard-fought second half. But the Yeltz gradually regained the upper hand with Nathan Hayward’s 74th minute shot blocked on a quick break forward from a Coleshill corner. Hathaway then clung onto Cobourne’s shot after he dribbled around the area looking for an opening two minutes later and another Hayward shot was cleared off the line for a corner in the 78th minute after Cobourne crossed from the left.

COBOURNE finally sealed the victory and confirmed Halesowen’s play-off final place in the 87th minute when he latched onto a long ball down the left and took the ball around Hathaway to score by slotting home from the tightest of angles to the rapture of the vast home support.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Josh Ezewele, Josh Quaynor, Tom Turton, Kieran Morris (c), Nat Kelly, Kieren Donnelly (Jack Holmes 79), Nathan Hayward, Simeon Cobourne (Jak Hickman 89), Richard Gregory (Jamie Insall 67), McKauley Manning. Subs Not Used: Oscar Tonge, Dan Whitehouse (GK).

Coleshill Town: Paul Hathaway; Liam Molesworth, Gio Dainty, Niall Rowe (c), Taylor Carter-Byrne, Frazer Doyle, Kai Tonge, Ewan Williams, Amarvir Sandu (Chris Lait 62), Alex Tomkinson (Kyle Jardine 90), George Washbourne. Subs Not Used: Harry Higginson, Mason Birch, Kyle Burke.

Referee: Harry Tarrant Attendance: 2,334
Booked: Molesworth (17), Dainty (36), Cobourne (42), Tomkinson (52), Morris (63), Turton (90)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Craig (of the JGL): Nathan Hayward

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 26 Apr 2023, 02:51

We win a semi final play off and only three pages on the thread.

We lose a league or cup game and their 8 or 9 pages.

Pfft. ;D

I know yam all tucked up in bed or pissed.

See you all Saturday for the second half.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 26 Apr 2023, 07:33

Job done I was 100% confident and the evening as soon as I arrived had an air of victory in it. Coleshill battled well and both sides gave their all, typical playoff game. On to Saturday were we must be pushing the grounds capacity I would have thought - 3500? Is it?

You know me I have been 'confident' all season and expect a victory now Saturday, the lads look motivated, switch on and organised, it wont be easy but I just have a very positive feel, not cocky, not arrogant, not disrespectful to Spalding but a great trust in our squad to get the job done. The crowd will also be worth nearly a goal in itself.........

How many will Spalding bring????