Shepshed Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Shepshed Updates

Post by DJ » 18 Mar 2023, 18:07

Northern Premier League Midlands – Saturday, 18th March 2023

Halesowen Town 0 Shepshed Dynamo 1

Hapless Halesowen slumped to a second successive home defeat through an early single Shepshed strike, writes DJ.

Yeltz joint-manager Craig Nicholls gave his frank assessment. “I’m gutted, we didn’t deserve anything out of the game. We trained well this week, but we were not at it again today. We need to be better, we couldn’t get a foothold in the game and had no momentum. It’s just not working for us at the moment for whatever reason. Now is the time we all need to stick together, we have to bounce back and be as positive as possible.”

There seemed little early Halesowen reaction to last week’s defeat and Shepshed’s early pressure was soon rewarded when a low 20 yard deflected shot from Joel NKETIA beat home goalkeeper Dan Platt after 8 minutes. A dangerous 10th minute cross was then scrambled away off the foot of Shepshed’s Jordan Wakeling in the home six-yard box.

The Yeltz continued to look out of sorts, showing a lack of confidence throughout the team, although a fierce 13th minute cross from Josh Ezewele was cut out by goalkeeper Brandon Ganley and Ganley then raced out to thwart Jamie Insall after 17 minutes.

As the first half progressed, Zayn Hakeem forced a 26th minute corner on the turn for the Dynamo and home goalkeeper Platt collected another low shot from Hakeem at the second attempt after 37 minutes. Just before the interval Halesowen’s Ezewele crossed from the right but Ganley beat the ball away from Greg Mills’ effort.

The Yeltz introduced returning on-loan substitute Oscar Tonge at half-time but it was Shepshed’s Hakeem who shot at Platt early in the second half. Halesowen were left chasing the game but made little progress against the resolute Dynamoes defence. Richard Gregory set himself up only to see his 64th minute shot blocked and Ganley smothered in front of goal from Kieran Morris after 71 minutes. Gregory then slammed a 73rd minute free-kick into the Shepshed defensive wall from the edge of the penalty area.

Hakeem headed wide for the visitors in the 74th minute and any breakthrough from Halesowen remained elusive as Kieran Morris struck at Genley and Gregory struck wide in the final minute. Goalkeeper Platt saved the hosts from further embarrassment in “a bad day at Black Rock” for Halesowen by blocking from substitute Cam Moore in added time.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Josh Ezewele, Josh Quaynor, Ash Sammons, Kieran Morris, Rob Evans (c), Kieren Donnelly (Robbie Bunn 66), Nathan Hayward, Jamie Insall (Simeon Cobourne 62), Richard Gregory, Greg Mills (Oscar Tonge 46). Subs Not Used: Tom Turton, Nat Kelly.

Shepshed Dynamo: Brandon Ganley; Jahdahn Fridye-Harper, Jiah Medrano, Jordan Smith, Jordan Wakeling, Niall Prenderville, Zayn Hakeem (c) (Cam Moore 87), Joel Nketia (James Snedden 68), Sam Moore, Toby Ritzema, Reece Morris (Leo Farruch 89). Subs Not Used: Jake Betts, John King.

Referee: Samuel Olhausen Attendance: 1,028
Booked: Sam Moore (39), Ezewele (45), Ritzema (46), Evans (54), Prenderville (60), Quaynor (68)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Neil Harper & Friends: Dan Platt
Non-League Paper Man of the Match: Toby Ritzema (Shepshed)

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 18 Mar 2023, 18:14

KenR wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 17:29
RUBBISH TOTAL RUBBISH yet again. I can't wait to hear what socket or nicholls have to say about this. Probably the same as every game apart from the Spalding game. However , I'll wait with baited breath before commenting further.
I would like to hear an answer from the management team in the post game interview why no changes were made to the starting midfield from last week. As HH says, what does Turton need to do to get a start?

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 18 Mar 2023, 18:55

The standard of play and general application and organisation has been getting worse.
I think with the infrastructure and fan base, we really should have been aiming higher and pushing on to ensure promotion after Smith left.

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 18 Mar 2023, 18:59

Second half was better but..........
Overall, WOEFUL!
I didn't think Romulus could be emulated but today it was!
For the second time I'll ask "what was the game plan?"
I'm just a layman but even I couldn't work out what was what

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 18 Mar 2023, 19:01

We are not going to catch Stamford, although it will take something even worse for us not to make the play-offs. However, I don’t fancy our chances in the first game against prospective opponents like Boldmere or Corby, let alone in a final if we were to get through the first game.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 18 Mar 2023, 19:14

Things aren't working then you talk/shout to players to do things different. You swap players round/sides......... no our TWO managers just stand there with arms folded or hands in pockets and do nothing!!!

Hopefully we can bounce back but at ythe moment no team will fear playing us in thr play offs at the moment

Agree with comments about Turton. Must be back in the team next week

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 18 Mar 2023, 19:27

The only person who showed any passion today was Birchy

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 18 Mar 2023, 19:34

Maybe a little too much if Twitter if anything to go by

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 18 Mar 2023, 20:23

We started the season with this team and a different formation, three up front.
1. Platt
2. Ezewele
3. Quaynor
4. Turton
5. Morris
6. Evans
7. Holmes
8. Hayward
9. Insall
10. Gregory
11. Cobourne
Would love to see a return to this, add Oscar at number 7 clearly and go for it. It worked well for a while, and was exciting to watch.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 18 Mar 2023, 20:27

Seamus wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 20:23
We started the season with this team and a different formation, three up front.
1. Platt
2. Ezewele
3. Quaynor
4. Turton
5. Morris
6. Evans
7. Holmes
8. Hayward
9. Insall
10. Gregory
11. Cobourne
Would love to see a return to this, add Oscar at number 7 clearly and go for it. It worked well for a while, and was exciting to watch.
Turton and Hayward....... nah it'd never work :P