Boldmere Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Boldmere Updates

Post by drummyb » 12 Mar 2023, 18:27

Those are fair points, and I'd suggest that we'll all get behind them, league or play offs because that what we do. However its up to the team and management to give us cause to be optimistic and our crowd has always been supportive and cheered them on. I dont like this tinkering with shape and formations. Pick the best 11 and let the opposition worry about us. If we're good enough, we'll win. We have some decent players and should be bossing games. We arent.

We wouldnt be having these doubts if they made us beleive would we?

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 12 Mar 2023, 18:44

One word to give us a solid foundation as it did do much earlier in the season and in fact more recently alongside Hayward. Not sure what our record with them together is but bar the cup match I bet its impressive.

Turton.

(Edited cos I went and checked all our league games:
15 started as a pairing, 13 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss
Its all damn lies and statistics ;D )

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 12 Mar 2023, 20:14

HalesowenHarry wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 18:44
One word to give us a solid foundation as it did do much earlier in the season and in fact more recently alongside Hayward. Not sure what our record with them together is but bar the cup match I bet its impressive.

Turton.

Could not agree more, wanted to see him at half time yesterday to provide an extra line of protection to our defence.
Seems to have fallen down the pecking order for whatever reason with others coming in. Would really appreciate seeing that Hayward/ Turton nucleus reinstated for our next game.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 12 Mar 2023, 20:53

Seamus wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 20:14
HalesowenHarry wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 18:44

Turton.

Could not agree more, wanted to see him at half time yesterday to provide an extra line of protection to our defence.
Seems to have fallen down the pecking order for whatever reason with others coming in. Would really appreciate seeing that Hayward/ Turton nucleus reinstated for our next game.
Have to agree with you also on this
Turton gives us that extra line of defence and always seems calm and composed and just does the simple things well

Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Josh1873 » 13 Mar 2023, 10:45

Well, that was abysmal. I can accept poor half arsed performances as a one off. It happens. The players are humans and are entitled to off days. I get it. However, this is not a one off. You can no longer offer ‘it’s one of those days’ as an excuse. We are now 13 games into this season (admittedly still early days) and we’ve been well below par in at least 5 matches (the 4 defeats and the underwhelming performance v Yaxley). That’s over 38% of matches played we’ve turned in utter dross displays. It’s not the sign of a team that will win promotion, is it?

The Romulus, Sutton, Spalding and Boldmere defeats have all seen the same template. The opposition players simply wanted it more. They put in more effort, showed more desire and out battled us. Wasn’t this squad supposed to be ‘better’ at battling and scrapping for points when the going got tough? I’ve seen little evidence of that. If anything, they’ve gone into hiding rather than rolling their sleeves up.

These losses haven’t just been unlucky defeats where the game could have gone either way, we’ve been hammered, in reality. At no stage in the aforementioned games have we looked like scoring. Let alone winning the game!

We have shown no tactical plan, other than long ball, after long ball, after long ball. Which is easily dealt with via basic defending. The opposition have created numerous chances and always looked capable of scoring, while we have created next to nothing. There's no plan B at all, and I’d argue we’ve shown no plan A in these games.

It’s all well and good looking dominant against teams the lads and I could give a game (the likes of Yaxley and Daventry) but time and time again we are found wanting against teams in the promotion race.

It was a concern and question last season. A question we couldn’t find answers to when we needed. It’s been a question this season, and so far, we’ve yet again come unstuck against the teams battling for play-off spots/promotion.
My post-match rant when we lost to Boldmere earlier on in the season. It's relevant when trying to describe Saturday's shambles.

Nothing has changed, has it?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Mar 2023, 11:01

Nope.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Jefftoad76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Jefftoad76 » 13 Mar 2023, 12:53

Could not agree more,we simply dont work hard enough as a team we dont close down or pressure the opposition like they do to us .we stand off and give them time yet when we have the ball there in our faces which leads us to giving the ball away,making mistakes or hoofing the ball high and long where gregory simply hasnt got the pace to chase it likewise mills or sim who seems to either slip over at vital moment or be offside and neither have these 3 the height to challenge and win the ball against the giant defenders we come up against.the midfield look lost and all too similiar slow ive seen buses turn quicker out of all the midfielders only donnely has pace and aggression to burst forwards otherwise its backwards sidewards which loses momentum in play.boldmere fully deserved the win were more aggressive ,created better chances they never stopped running challenging pressuring us just seemed fitter man for man looked more athletic stronger faster and for me it was the same performance against sutton in trophy,corby,away ,hinckley away coleshill away khalsa home harborough at home and even yaxley we struggled
The manager afterwards even admitted boldmere ran allday so why didnt we is it fitness desire???we just arnt good enough id say only platty,gregs,eswelle,evans kelly and donnely come out with any credit all season the midfields of hayward and sammons dont work ,get turton or redhead back in .bit disapointed in quaynor aswell quality player but doest get quality croases in and seems to playact quite alot and whinge to the officials which looks embarassing for us
One thing id noticed at start of 2nd half was how relaxed boldmere looked laughing and joking together before ko 2nd half,have we lost our togetherness and spirit??
Losing jack ,birch and mini has been a massive blow aswell

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 13 Mar 2023, 16:31

It could be suggested that the reason our players don't smile as much is the horrific weight of expectation placed on them by over the top comments on social media every time we don't thrash a side. We are going round in circles on this all season, get opinions, I get challenges and reasons for improvement and passionate views, but a near onslaught of critism every time we lose a game- I repeat isn't helpful and we fans could very easily be contributing to what we all don't want I.e not getting promotion. Do you think Stamford and Spalding fans inundate their social pages with such extreme critism - nope they don't....we have no divine right to win any league, let's help the lads do it

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 13 Mar 2023, 16:35

Josh1873 wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 10:45

Nothing has changed, has it?
No nothing has changed, we are as in a good/strong position now as we were then. Still 2nd, still within a chance of promotion.....we are in danger now of imploding imo. Let's keep our nerve, with big crowds come big expectations and big pressure, let's make our big support over Stamford and Spalding count, not be a 'chain around our players necks'

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 Mar 2023, 16:51

For once I am in agreement with you!
It ain't over 'til it's over.