Harborough Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Harborough Updates

Post by Dazzie76 » 11 Feb 2023, 17:39

Hard fought win another big 3 pts. Nat Kelly was superb and a standout performer for me. Onto the next one

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 11 Feb 2023, 18:10

Proper ground out that win. I thought Nat Kelly was immense. I wouldnt have been disappointed with a draw and we coulda nicked a second. We were under so much pressure and thats one of the most pleasing wins Ive seen, even if the performance wasnt our best.

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 11 Feb 2023, 18:17

Northern Premier League Midlands – Saturday, 11th February 2023

Halesowen Town 1 Harborough Town 0

Halesowen reeled off their fifth successive victory in an unbeaten run of eleven league games to remain at the top of the table, writes DJ.

Joint-manager Martin Sockett admitted it was tough against “a direct, big side who play to their strengths and won’t be far away from the play-offs.” Goalscorer Jamie Insall was pleased to take his chance well but was full of praise for the rest of the team for “defending incredibly well.”

The league leaders made a perfect start when INSALL was played through after just three minutes and he converted a lovely low drive into the far corner of the net from 15 yards in front of another large home crowd. But Harborough missed a great chance to equalise just two minutes later using their height to head the ball back across goal for Sidik Atcha to put a good chance wide.

The Yeltz suffered a 17th minute blow in losing captain and central defender Rob Evans to injury and the visitors went on to enjoy plenty of possession for the rest of the afternoon. An 18th minute free-kick from Josh Walsh drifted just wide of the home goal ahead of the Bees earning two further corners.

Visiting goalkeeper Elliott Taylor grabbed another through ball just ahead of Insall in the 26th minute but it was Halesowen who escaped a scramble in their own penalty area from another dangerous Harborough set piece three minutes later. After a stop-start spell, Harborough went close again in the 37th minute when Joel Carta worked space in the area and his shot produced a tremendous low save from acting captain and home goalkeeper Dan Platt. Platt then reacted quickly to grab the loose ball at the feet of Rhys Hoenes to complete the double save. Just before the interval, Rhys Kelly cleared the ball superbly after Simeon Cobourne was setting himself to shoot on the Harborough goal.

The second half remained highly competitive as the Bees pressed for an equaliser. Carta poked wide of the home goal in last ditch defending in the 53rd minute and the same player saw his 60th minute overhead kick collected by Platt. Ash Sammons also did well to head another chance off the line. Chances were few for Halesowen in the second period although Josh Ezewele’s shot was deflected over the Harborough bar and Insall wasted a good chance on a 75th minute break.

The visitors missed a golden late 89th minute chance when the ball was played across the home goal but was put wide by substitute David Gbehe. The Yeltz were then reduced to ten men in the four minutes of added time when Cobourne was shown a red card for his second bookable offence but the ten-man league leaders clung on to survive a couple more dangerous Harborough set pieces.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Josh Ezewele, Josh Quaynor, Tom Turton (Jac Redhead 73), Rob Evans (c) (Kieren Donnelly 17), Nat Kelly, Robbie Bunn, Ash Sammons, Jamie Insall (Greg Mills 77), Simeon Cobourne, McKauley Manning. Subs Not Used: Richard Gregory, Taylor Homer.

Harborough Town: Elliott Taylor; Dan Forbes, Josh Walsh (c) (Dom Wysocki 73), Paul Malone, Sidik Atcha, Rhys Kelly, Gary Mulligan, Joel Carta (David Gbehe 87), Dempsey Arlott-John, Dylan Hill (Eddie Panter 87), Rhys Hoenes. Subs Not Used: Sam Preston, Ben Williams.

Referee: Joshua Brookland Attendance: 1,333
Booked: Cobourne (30), Malone (52), Walsh (64)
Sent Off: Cobourne (90)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Ken Hipkiss: Ash Sammons
Non-League Paper Star Man: Nat Kelly

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Feb 2023, 18:20

Ditto all the other comments. My fear is everybody now playing us like it is THEIR cup final! It should be 11 cup finals for us! I wish we could blow teams away, it's no good for the blood pressure. ;D
Well ground out lads!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Feb 2023, 18:25

I didn't realise Cobourne was sent off!!! What happened? Where was I? How did this jar of pickled onions get in my pocket? Aah yes, Westy. The answer to most of life's mysteries.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 11 Feb 2023, 18:35

No I didnt see Sim sent off either???

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 11 Feb 2023, 18:46

drummyb wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 18:35
Right at the end. It was the foul that led to their free kick on the right of our box. He was running back and it looked like a tangle of legs.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 11 Feb 2023, 18:50

Brightgoldenhaze wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 18:46
drummyb wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 18:35
Right at the end. It was the foul that led to their free kick on the right of our box. He was running back and it looked like a tangle of legs.
I thought that the 2nd yellow was quite harsh too. Surprised by the lack of crowd reaction too

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 11 Feb 2023, 18:51

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 11 Feb 2023, 19:24

andy wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 18:25
I didn't realise Cobourne was sent off!!! What happened? Where was I? How did this jar of pickled onions get in my pocket? Aah yes, Westy. The answer to most of life's mysteries.
So glad it wasn’t just me 😂