Sporting Khalsa Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
ArgusAda
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sporting Khalsa Updates

Post by ArgusAda » 02 Jan 2023, 19:20

Stour let him go ? But I’m pretty sure he averages 1 in 3. He would be ideal for us

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 02 Jan 2023, 19:20

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 02 Jan 2023, 19:52

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 02 Jan 2023, 19:56

A tough game as to be expected, anyone who went to the game at Khalsa earlier in the season will remember that they were very much the better side until we scored with a penalty against the run of play. They then committed defensive suicide pushing right up on the half way line to allow Sim and Insall to run riot with room behind and continued to defend high up the pitch as they chased the game way too early. They certainly didn't make that mistake today, defending that little bit deeper. The disappointing thing really from today was that once we had that lead from Greg's excellent finish, to concede two goals as poorly as we did so closely together was almost as naïve as Khalsa last game. We really needed to shut them out in that spell they had when they were in fairness had their best spell. By having the lead at half time it would have given us the opportunity to play them on the break as they would have had to come at us. Unfortunately we couldn't do that.
We ask a lot of our full backs with the 4-3-3 formation that we play in asking them to get forward as we do, and of course if we lose the ball in areas when Ezewele/Quaynor/Tongue get forward we look stretched when playing with two CBS's. It was therefore interesting to see us go with three CB line up in the second half, I actually think it helped us somewhat in getting that bit more of the ball. If this is something we look to use in future it does give us choices to make as we'll almost certainly not be able to go with Sim, Insall and Gregs with 3 CB's and two wing backs, unless we only go with two central midfielders.
By having two from three of the forwards start we also have an option off the bench and possible plan b.

I've seen a few fans have a bit of a pop on the facebook and the twitter and heard at the ground today, why isn't X playing, why doesn't Y play etc, I know a lot of people over Christmas have been ill, and Craig mentioned after the Sutton game some players were struggling, I can't imagine players have trained much either recently. I'm not making excuses and I'm sure Khalsa may have been in the same situation but the season is long and I'm confident that some of the tweeks needed will come. Whilst tying this I see Greg Mills has signed from Stour. An excellent signing who may well give us another forward option now.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 02 Jan 2023, 20:27

The tweaks I think we need are more pace and players who can get behind the lines or take players on, like Ezewele did to win the penalty.

I don't think we were bad, but we lacked some nous at times against a team that were well organised. I think it's more disappointing when we fail to beat mid to lower places teams like Sutton as it puts so much pressure on to beat the top teams, and we will have to beat Stamford and Spalding now.

I agree that the biggest disappointment was allowing the number 10 the same space and time to help set up each goal.

Not training much over the festive period certainly isn't an excuse as it is the same for everyone and each individual.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 03 Jan 2023, 01:49

Really enjoyed todays game. Seen a few comments about giving their no 10 being to much space. IMO that was more down to his quality of play, more than our poor defending. Thought he was excellent by far the best player on the pitch. Who is he? Anyone know his background etc?

I thought there may have been more than the 1200 odd announced today I was anticipating closer to 1500, although Khalsa dont have many fans etc. Even so excellent crowd really, we now average over the 1000 mark.

Cant wait for the rest of the season and I am convinced the squad will come good and give us all what we want promotion. Roll on Bedworth see you all there

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 03 Jan 2023, 08:37

Yeltzbaby wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 01:49
Seen a few comments about giving their no 10 being to much space. IMO that was more down to his quality of play, more than our poor defending. Thought he was excellent by far the best player on the pitch. Who is he? Anyone know his background etc?
indeed, it wasn't poor defending, we played high, we'd expect obvious offsides to be given, it'd be nice to see if they were as far offside (certainly the 1st goal) as we all thought, not sure if YTV will have that though..........

The 10 was the number 9 back in August when we wallopped them 5. He did little that day so must have been boyed by an 80s track about him......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YewVugPHon4 :P

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 03 Jan 2023, 18:45

On the whole I think we did well in the end. At least the management recognised we had an issue and changed shape to get us back in the match. I couldn't agree more with the man of the match I thought he had a great game up and down the pitch and then the run for the penalty, well deserved.
We just need for Mr Insall to start firing, his work rate is phenomenal, no question, we could just do with a few goals from him to balance up the other two if we were to keep playing a front three. I personally think we've got the squad to get promoted we just have to have the belief.
Onwards..............💪🏽

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 03 Jan 2023, 19:33

410viawednesbury wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 18:45
On the whole I think we did well in the end. At least the management recognised we had an issue and changed shape to get us back in the match. I couldn't agree more with the man of the match I thought he had a great game up and down the pitch and then the run for the penalty, well deserved.
We just need for Mr Insall to start firing, his work rate is phenomenal, no question, we could just do with a few goals from him to balance up the other two if we were to keep playing a front three. I personally think we've got the squad to get promoted we just have to have the belief.
Onwards..............💪🏽
Id also add I think Sim has been a bit off for the last few games. Start of the season the front 3 looked unstoppable, its kind a fizzled off a bit. Gregs is really playing back towards midfield a lot, although to his credit is the only one that looks like he might score. I love sims ability to run at players, but all three need to fire on all cylinders. Not sure where Donnelly plays when Insall is back though.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 07 Jan 2023, 13:40

Just watched the highlights and think ref got Sim's penalty appeal right. he did go down far too easily even if slightest contact.
Dont think Eze was fouled either so we got away with one.

Their first goal, although cant see clearly all our defenders seemed in line and don't think even Usain Bolt could have pulled that clear of them in the short amount of time till he comes into view