Re: Coleshill Updates

Post by andy » 12 Nov 2022, 16:49

Fucking unbelievable
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 12 Nov 2022, 16:49

No way we deserved to lose this. Unbelievable. Cant fault the team at all.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 12 Nov 2022, 17:11

Deserved more today. Guess this happens sometimes, you lose you deserve more, you win you are fortunate.

More than happy with start to our season, not the end of the world, we go again. Would take 36 points from 15 games all day long.

Up the yeltz unlucky boys

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 12 Nov 2022, 18:00

I am not sure how that happened as Coleshill barely threatened at all in that second half and there was no inkling they were going to equalise let alone win.

I think the concentration and discipline went near the end. A daft foul to give away the penalty and then a silly free kick to give away. Even more annoying was the way he blazed over and we were messing about in the box prompting a retake.

We did the same to Corby a few weeks ago although the balance of that game was much different.

As a footnote, it's another club getting by in this division with barely any supporters.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 12 Nov 2022, 18:00

I could accept the score beforehand. Always tricky facing top ten sides away. I can accept the score now. Im just gobsmacked how thats been snatched away from us.

The test for me will be if we beat the likes of Flukey bastards, I mean Coleshill and Spalding at home.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 12 Nov 2022, 18:13

Cannot believe it. With 10 minutes to go and leading 2-1 ,I thought considering we were playing against a sunday morning PUB side on the crappiest of crapy plastic pitches at a set up only just better than a parks pitch set up. All went pear shaped when Birch was subbed but game hinged on three penalties , two given to the pub side (both seemed harsh) and a rank pen when their keeper kicked Colborne up in the air , and Colbourne was inexplicably booked for diving. Poor ref, very poor second half not pushing forward our advantage and I'm affraid to say that for whatever reason, some players bottled it.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Nov 2022, 19:03

Very unlucky, but once again against one of the top sides we lose. Shot ourselves in the foot with two daft penalties and I just knew when the ref ordered the ballooned free kick to be retaken there would be a different outcome. I'm sure after it hit the bar, the goals bounced around on the rubber wheels enough for them to put in the rebound. ::) We seem able to despatch the lesser teams and look quality but it's just not quite there against the teams around us. Once again, just like last year against Ilkeston, people are bigging up the Stamford game, but it means nothing if we are dropping points elsewhere. We need to see games like today out, because despite being the better side we've gifted to them. Ultimately though unlucky boys, let's go again.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 12 Nov 2022, 19:05

I think bottled its undeservedly harsh. Lack of concentration at the end yes. Coleshill were very tight at the back which made it hard and it was only the second half we really tested them. First half was even stevens.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Nov 2022, 19:10

drummyb wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 19:05
I think bottled its undeservedly harsh. Lack of concentration at the end yes. Coleshill were very tight at the back which made it hard and it was only the second half we really tested them. First half was even stevens.
Agree that Coleshill did defend very well. Yet without creating much at the other end get three goals. Harsh lesson.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 12 Nov 2022, 19:58

I'll agree that" bottled it" may have been the wrong discription but at times in the second half , when the going got tough ...we did nt get going. The pub side may have defended well, but we never pushed them like we did against corby or berhampstead or whoever it was. We tended to sit back on our lead.