old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coleshill Updates

Post by old git » 13 Nov 2022, 10:08

drummyb wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 09:45
Yeltzbaby wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 09:10
Got to say i don't really like the description of pub team and crap facilities etc. Makes us sound like bad losers and Billy big bollocks etc.

Some of these clubs ain't blessed with the resources we have and do their best to to survive on limited resources.

Anyway to other clubs we would seem like a pub team with shite facilities so all relative I suppose.

Yes very frustrating yesterday but let's not lower ourselves to trashing our opponents. Just my opinion.
Gotta say I agree. I dont think they played like a pub team, and what does it say about us if we lost to them?
Yeah the ground is basic, but thats non league. Quite like visiting Coleshill if Im honest.
My problem with Coleshill is the same as Sutton, Khalsa, Harborough, Yaxley etc, is that I never feel like I’ve watched a proper football game. These practice pitches just create that unnatural bounce that means 2 touches every time.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 13 Nov 2022, 11:05

The bounce off the pitch yesterday was ridiculous. Worst Ive seen for astro turf. I dont think anyone likes them but I guess on a shoestring, its low maintenance costs.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 13 Nov 2022, 16:45

I’ll admit that my eyesight isn’t what it was, so I held my thoughts yesterday on some of the major decisions, but having watched the highlights I now have serious doubts about the second penalty and the free kick which led to the final goal.
Also, on that free kick if he blew the whistle to allow the ballooned kick over the bar, and then spotted an infringement, surely it was either a penalty to them or a free kick to us ???

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 13 Nov 2022, 16:52

old git wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 16:45
I’ll admit that my eyesight isn’t what it was, so I held my thoughts yesterday on some of the major decisions, but having watched the highlights I now have serious doubts about the second penalty and the free kick which led to the final goal.
Also, on that free kick if he blew the whistle to allow the ballooned kick over the bar, and then spotted an infringement, surely it was either a penalty to them or a free kick to us ???
Totally agree with this. And while the trip on Sim might have been outside the box, it was definitely a trip. Sadly a very poor referee ruined what would have been a very good three points. It happens. Move on I guess (and you make your own luck...)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Nov 2022, 18:00

It certainly doesn't help when you're playing against the opposition, the referee, a crap surface and a goal that bounces around on its wheels.😂
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 13 Nov 2022, 18:02