Sheepshed Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sheepshed Updates

Post by YeltzDoc » 01 Nov 2022, 09:02

Have they tightened the purse strings and got rid of their better players?
Or are they just shit?

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 01 Nov 2022, 09:04

YeltzDoc wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 09:02
Have they tightened the purse strings and got rid of their better players?
Or are they just shit?
Butlin didn't hit the ground running (possibly injured or at the dentist the first few games), but they had very good FA runs in both comps, so don't think the money has dried up. Just took a bit of time to get going, probably timing it for 26th November..............

Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Josh1873 » 01 Nov 2022, 10:26

Yeltzbaby wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 17:09
For me we start getting concerned if we aren't winning and we are say heaven forbid 6th!!
I think it shows how strong our start has been (points wise), or how poor the league is (other than us and Stamford) that it would probably take a run of 5-6 games without a win for us to fall outside the play off places, probably more. I can't see us falling lower than 3rd or 4th, if I'm honest.

Something would be seriously wrong with the team if we don't make the play-offs!

I hope I'm proven wrong, but I do expect Stamford to overtake us at the top by the time we have played them at their place, and eventually pull away from us - unless we improve the squad with 3 or 4 new faces. We should finish comfortably second and secure a home tie in the play-offs, which would represent a decent season. (Why don't the top two earn automatic promotion and a third team go up via the play-offs, I'll never know!)

We need to get out of this league, and there has to be a big improvement for that to happen as league winners, in terms of both the squad and the team's attitude/desire. I've no doubt we'll comfortably make the play-offs, but from thereon in, it's anyone's for promotion. I know you say we shouldn't look forward, but we have one main goal to achieve this season. so, I can't help but look ahead and analyse if we're good enough, or not, to achieve that goal. It is pretty significant, after all.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 01 Nov 2022, 11:34

Josh1873 wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 10:26
Yeltzbaby wrote:
For me we start getting concerned if we aren't winning and we are say heaven forbid 6th!!
I think it shows how strong our start has been (points wise), or how poor the league is (other than us and Stamford) that it would probably take a run of 5-6 games without a win for us to fall outside the play off places, probably more. I can't see us falling lower than 3rd or 4th, if I'm honest.

Something would be seriously wrong with the team if we don't make the play-offs!

I hope I'm proven wrong, but I do expect Stamford to overtake us at the top by the time we have played them at their place, and eventually pull away from us - unless we improve the squad with 3 or 4 new faces. We should finish comfortably second and secure a home tie in the play-offs, which would represent a decent season. (Why don't the top two earn automatic promotion and a third team go up via the play-offs, I'll never know!)

We need to get out of this league, and there has to be a big improvement for that to happen as league winners, in terms of both the squad and the team's attitude/desire. I've no doubt we'll comfortably make the play-offs, but from thereon in, it's anyone's for promotion. I know you say we shouldn't look forward, but we have one main goal to achieve this season. so, I can't help but look ahead and analyse if we're good enough, or not, to achieve that goal. It is pretty significant, after all.
Except my mate who lives in Peterborough and follows Stamford (also a Josh as it happens) said exactly what you said above, except about them. He thinks they aren’t consistent enough and their folk see us as nailed on champions and they are hoping for second.

Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Josh1873 » 01 Nov 2022, 12:21

old git wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 11:34
Josh1873 wrote:
Yeltzbaby wrote:

(also a Josh as it happens)
Is this slang for 'bit of a knob'? :o

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 01 Nov 2022, 12:42

Josh1873 wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 12:21
old git wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 11:34
Josh1873 wrote:

(also a Josh as it happens)
Is this slang for 'bit of a knob'? :o
😂😂😂

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 01 Nov 2022, 13:59

Bravo sir, Bravo.

Interesting that. They're thinking the same things we are. Go figure

Josh1873
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Josh1873 » 01 Nov 2022, 14:11

drummyb wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 13:59
Interesting that. They're thinking the same things we are. Go figure
Non-League is full of pessimistic miserable bastards, like me?

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 01 Nov 2022, 14:39

drummyb wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 20:03
Yeltzbaby wrote:
I won't have a field day with your post at all, as we recognised weeks ago everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I guess it yet again comes down to glass half full or half empty. Take what we have, enjoy it. Don't let concerns of what might happen ruin or taint it.

Enjoy every win and enjoy being top
I do get your point here and your train of thought. But its alien to me as my pessimism may be to you. I dont think anyone needs to justify their opinions to anyone here in cyberland. I respect you trying to understand Andy's post earlier. I dont think we need to get touchy with each other. It solves nowt and we all want the same thing after all.
I totally agree, I think I am being misunderstood on here?

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 01 Nov 2022, 14:41

andy wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 20:37
I must be mad for being drawn into this pointless conversation, but my point is, and I don't know why I'm bothering making it because it's obvious, it doesn't matter what position your club is in the table when discussing a game. If the game is utterly shite but you remain top I'm not going to celebrate it. By yeltzbabys reasoning if we were bottom and had a blinder, we could not be overjoyed with it because we are still bottom and the stats say we are the worst team on the planet. And that's all that matters....
Not at all Andy not at all. And a game being utterly shite is subjective surely. For me scoring 4 away goals, getting 3 points isn't utterly shite, it's very good. The overall performance may not have been 100% perfect but overall, looking at it more subjective it was- job done, very well done lads. You are completely misunderstanding me, maybe we misundetstand each other, our opinions differ doesn't make either of us right or wrong, I state my opinion and justify it and you do the same - all good