Sheepshed Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Re: Sheepshed Updates

Post by HalesowenHarry » 29 Oct 2022, 21:00

andy wrote:
29 Oct 2022, 20:56
Great summing up HH. But please don't use the words poor or lacklustre, after all we are the top of every stat in the country. Or planet or universe or whatever.
Yeah, but I haven't a clue what I'm talking about. Though I am, of course, always right.

No Margetts today for Stamford

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Oct 2022, 22:21

Just trying to think of a more dramatic debut than Kieran Donnelly's today. Kerry Giddings hit a hattrick on his but this guy, after just settling in first half, totally turned the game for us in the second. Not only the goals either, he looked quality. It bodes well.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 29 Oct 2022, 22:28

I wasnt there as I said earlier but it sounds like a proper turnaround. It concerns me slightly that we have had a few slow starts, but if it all comes good, its fine. I'll setlle for that score.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 30 Oct 2022, 08:45

I'm just happy we are winning these matches we are having our dodgy moments in.
Dont care how they come as long as we getting 3 points each week ;D

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 30 Oct 2022, 09:07

Pleasing again yesterday (like the Corby game) was our newly found resilience. I’m pretty sure last year we would have lost both those games, and with 6 points less found ourselves nervously “in the pack”.
I thought Shepshed had a lot of qualities but seem to spend most of their energy moaning, and winding up everybody (a bit Coleshill style) and if they get rid of that could start climbing the league and causing problems.
Superb debut from Donnelly.
A lot of work to do defensively with all three goals given away too easily.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 30 Oct 2022, 10:43

I'm really hoping that yesterday's victory could be one of those pivotal moments of the season. First half wasn't great, the focal point of any team are your forwards of course and when we start with a lad making his debut, Smith and Manning as your front three it's a very different dynamic to the normal three of Gregs, Sim and Insall. I'm not suggesting our poor first half was purely down to those front three I thought we were second to too many balls and defensively we just didn't look 'at it'. Mini Mac's strike was of course a highlight and certainly a goal of the season contender.
Second half, I'm guessing there was a few choice words said at half time I guess and a much-improved performance and superbly taken couple of goals from debutant Donnelly. We'd clearly done our homework on them from attacking corners too, crowding the goalkeeper and putting the ball under the bar, they struggled to cope, and we profited.
I think when most arrived up the Butthole yesterday the concern was probably where the goals would come from but to score four tells us we have goals in us across the squad, the pressing concern is perhaps that whilst the vast majority of fans are happy with the players in our back five (including the GK) the number of goals we concede is in need of improvement. There will be games where we won't be able to score 3 or 4 to win or draw the game so we need to try and improve this area of our game.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 30 Oct 2022, 11:30

According to the report in the non-league paper we won the game in “contra-versional circumstances” ???

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 30 Oct 2022, 11:34

old git wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 11:30
According to the report in the non-league paper we won the game in “contra-versional circumstances” ???
Are they employing journalists from The Grauniad now?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 30 Oct 2022, 12:20

drummyb wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 11:34
old git wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 11:30
Are they employing journalists from The Grauniad now?
Towards the end of the game their bench were certainly very 'animated' and I'm not sure what the hoohaa around the tunnel at the final whistle was all about.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 31 Oct 2022, 09:46

andy wrote:
29 Oct 2022, 20:34
Were you there to see the difference of the two halves today or are you just spouting your usual drivel?
Andy, apologies on my part reading this back I guess my typing of the 'howl"rightly triggered you into calling my assessment 'drivel'.
When I first started commenting on here we all agreed difference of opinion should be accepted and rightly so.
I do seem to be in the minority on here on how i see things, although I 100% stand by my point of view that over reaction is now THE NORM in modern day football.
What I saw on Saturday was first half the other side funnily enough refused to just lie down for the mighty yeltz. Sometimes all sides have an off 25 mins or a half. But we ground it out, improved as the game went on and won. As I have said before you can't always be perfect but winning is all that counts and winning in any which way you can, will win us the league