Spalding Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Spalding Updates

Post by Simons » 01 Oct 2022, 21:07

Last season we struggled with no great quality on the bench and we don't want to make the same mistake again. It was concerning to hear that 3 players had fitness tests before the game, and although passed fit, would not have been able to give 100%

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 01 Oct 2022, 21:58

fairweatherfan wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 20:59
GaryJ wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 19:25
Rich wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 17:50
It will be interesting to hear the Gaffers comments and those of the fans who made the trip today.
The last 2 games have asked a few questions and lets hope we respond well next week in a game we should be winning
Just listened to it. Same old blaming the players but they will be picked next week and start again. Saying he’s going to get some players in! What’s the point of the loan players then, bring them back can’t do any worse than the last 2 weeks. Let be honest he won’t do that because they are kids. No energy in midfield. Need to stop the rot.
As Dexter came on as a second half sub and Max Morris didn't even get on for Bewdley today, I'm not convinced they would improve much.

Let's not get carried away. For all last week was poor, if we come through the next three unscathed everyone will be posting HMS Piss the League memes on twitter again. The constant up and down is starting to do my head in a bit if I'm honest!
All of that. 9 league games. One defeat. Lets keep it in perspective and see in the next 5 how it looks.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 01 Oct 2022, 22:17

Equally though, for all the top draw performances we have also been well beaten in 3 of our eleven starts. The fact that the last 3 games have been 2 poor losses and IMO a very poor display against Yaxley does not bode well. I think new personnel will be on their way in. It's hard to know why there have been such massive differences in our performances thus far because we are certainly a capable side.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 02 Oct 2022, 04:06

Yeah I agree with that also Andy. Games we arguably should have won, although Spalding was always a test. Why we capitulated is beyond me.

Again though, win the next three and everyones happy again. I think the bench this year is a bit light, last year we had too many to keep happy..

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 02 Oct 2022, 09:40

andy wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 22:17
Equally though, for all the top draw performances we have also been well beaten in 3 of our eleven starts. The fact that the last 3 games have been 2 poor losses and IMO a very poor display against Yaxley does not bode well. I think new personnel will be on their way in. It's hard to know why there have been such massive differences in our performances thus far because we are certainly a capable side.
Agree… I have niggling doubts in all honesty, and wasn’t there yesterday so hard to comment too much. Just think we’ll have a fuller picture of where the squad is in three game’s time given who they’re against. Hayward is clearly a huge loss (hear there is the possibility of bringing in someone currently at step 3 to bolster that area)… we will see

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 02 Oct 2022, 11:53

Agree that Hayward has been a key player for us so far this season. Losing him and the departure of Holmes has lost us our driving forward options.
Hopefully Paul can either get reinforcements or find a way to get us going.
Lets not forget we won 7 on the bounce so the guys dont become bad players overnight.
Roll on Daventry