Sutton

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Jefftoad76
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton

Post by Jefftoad76 » 24 Sep 2022, 20:04

I thought sutton were the best team we played this season lots of energy aggression and quality all over the pitch thought the no 10 was excellent and the 2 lads in midfield explosive runs and quality from them pair
The pitch was terrible just doesnt suit us at all
Quite worried about our midfield we never get close to our strikers or get past them so everything was infront of sutton who were first to every ball and more up for it
At least this wasnt a league game
But we really need to start passing quicker going forward far to slow and ponderous today

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 24 Sep 2022, 20:22

Rich wrote:
24 Sep 2022, 19:55
Disappointing to hear we had another poor performance but as both have been in cup competitions means we now have just the league to focus on.
What was reason for today? pitch , formation or do we credit Sutton for their play?

Hopefully as less fans around today's morons can be identified and dealt with.
Roll on next week and lets get back to making it 8 out of 8
A little bit of all three to be honest. It just didnt happen. Morris and Evans were superb. In fact the back line was ok. Just middle and up top were out of it a bit.

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 24 Sep 2022, 20:46

One of those days. Neither team looked like scoring in the first half and Sutton were by far the better side in the second. No complaints.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 24 Sep 2022, 21:52

At least it's not the league, but still disappointing nonetheless.

I know we have been winning consistently, but today perhaps has highlighted the need for more pace. Apart from one or two, that's a quality that we are probably lacking, and when a team is having an off day, at this level, playing more quickly with pace can always give you a chance.

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 25 Sep 2022, 07:08

Season starts from here onwards now we have had an easy start in my opinion and starting at spalding the opposition is going to step up a few notches. October and November we have some testing games which should give us a clue to where we are at.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 25 Sep 2022, 09:15

Jefftoad76 wrote:
24 Sep 2022, 20:04
I thought sutton were the best team we played this season lots of energy aggression and quality all over the pitch thought the no 10 was excellent and the 2 lads in midfield explosive runs and quality from them pair
The pitch was terrible just doesnt suit us at all
Quite worried about our midfield we never get close to our strikers or get past them so everything was infront of sutton who were first to every ball and more up for it
At least this wasnt a league game
But we really need to start passing quicker going forward far to slow and ponderous today
I thought this when we were struggling in the first half against Biggleswade. I rate Turton and Heyward but both play deep and feed the strikers. That game also was crying out for someone to push on past our front line, something Finn did really well last season
I presume Paul has this in mind and we will see a change in strategy in the coming matches as teams are going to just put 2 banks of players in front of us and we need to find ways to break them down.

uncle jack and coke
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by uncle jack and coke » 25 Sep 2022, 12:27

The more worrying thing to me was the number of players who, after the match, came limping into the bar area. How many injuries were, like Heyward's, caused by the so called pitch?