Bedworth Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
VanessaYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Bedworth Updates

Post by VanessaYeltz » 17 Aug 2022, 13:26

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 13:17
Announce Alvin the Chipmunk Yeltz mascot.
If they’d joined they could’ve held a flag and everything

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 17 Aug 2022, 13:53

VanessaYeltz wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 13:26
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 13:17
Announce Alvin the Chipmunk Yeltz mascot.
If they’d joined they could’ve held a flag and everything
Working out how to operate a flag may have been a step too far for them. They'd have probably taken the stick off and thrown it at somebody.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 17 Aug 2022, 18:30

That was another positive to take from last nights game, a very healthy crowd of 757 considering it was a Tuesday night, still holiday season for a lot of people and the weather was not forecast to be the best, as the second half proved where it lashed it down for the rest of the night.

If we carry on our form throughout the rest of the season attendances could end up getting silly for this level of football.

Also would be interested to know what the take up in terms of youth membership cards was as well. All seemed well behaved last night anyway which seems like the scheme has worked it’s purpose (even if as much it has kept the troublemakers away.)
Last edited by dalevillain on 17 Aug 2022, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 17 Aug 2022, 18:51

dalevillain wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 18:30
That was another positive to take from last nights game, a very healthy crowd of 757 considering it was a Tuesday night, still holiday season for a lot of people and the weather was not forecast to be the best, as the second half proved where it lashed it down for the rest of the night.

If we carry on our form throughout the rest of the season attendances could end up getting silly for this level of football.

Also would be interested to know what the take up in terms of youth membership cards was as well. All seemed well behaved last night anyway which seems like the scehe has worked it’s purpose (even if as much it has kept the troublemakers away.)
I'm unsure of the numbers exactly. A number of youth collected their cards last night. Nick at the Stour end and myself at the Old Hawne Lane end requested that all adults kept their children with them as much as possible. Most U16's arrived with an responsible adult. Those who I've seen being (shall we say) uncouth either collected their cards last night and kept their heads down, or didn't go. A number are still to collect so may be on holiday. A small number of very young kids were refused entry as they didn't have an adult with them, season ticket or membership card. I definitely feel that the steps put in by the club is definitely going to help deal with this.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Aug 2022, 19:03

RobYeltz wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 18:51
dalevillain wrote:

Also would be interested to know what the take up in terms of youth membership cards was as well. All seemed well behaved last night anyway which seems like the scehe has worked it’s purpose (even if as much it has kept the troublemakers away.)
I'm unsure of the numbers exactly. A number of youth collected their cards last night. Nick at the Stour end and myself at the Old Hawne Lane end requested that all adults kept their children with them as much as possible. Most U16's arrived with an responsible adult. Those who I've seen being (shall we say) uncouth either collected their cards last night and kept their heads down, or didn't go. A number are still to collect so may be on holiday. A small number of very young kids were refused entry as they didn't have an adult with them, season ticket or membership card. I definitely feel that the steps put in by the club is definitely going to help deal with this.
It's a shame you've been preoccupied with this, as you're usually my responsible adult.

I'm gonna have to appoint someone else.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 17 Aug 2022, 19:12

Agree with all regarding last nights performance.
Every player made a positive contribution and the team spirit is clear to see.
Like the role Jack is playing allowing him to wander to find space and can see in time as he missed all pre season Insall and him linking up well.
Only small critisicm is we lost our way slightly in the first half when we went to a bit too much long ball. keep We have the pace to use it well on occasions but when we play it round on the ground we play some great stuff.

Give the players another month to gel more and I feel things will be looking very good.
Did anyone see what happened for one of the Bedworth management team to go off on one in the second half??

VanessaYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by VanessaYeltz » 17 Aug 2022, 22:50

RobYeltz wrote:
dalevillain wrote:

As someone who prefers to stand to the left of the players tunnel I can tell you exactly the kids who weren’t there and they won’t be missed

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 18 Aug 2022, 11:06

VanessaYeltz wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 22:50
RobYeltz wrote:
dalevillain wrote:

As someone who prefers to stand to the left of the players tunnel I can tell you exactly the kids who weren’t there and they won’t be missed
If you ever spot one please have a discreet with any of the stewards or one of us near the boardroom 👍