Harborough Town

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Harborough Town

Post by old git » 14 Aug 2022, 09:30

If Sixty years of watching football has taught me anything it’s not to take any notice of pre season games and judge after the first real game.
Well that was as good a TEAM performance as I’ve seen in a very long time. Hard to choose a man of the match. Early days but good signs against a team that will cause problems in this league. There is something different this year about the team mentality which was missing last season, and I’d go as far as to say I don’t think last years team would have come back yesterday with three points.
Time will tell

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 14 Aug 2022, 09:35

Really glad that people who went saying it was a TEAM performance but what was the opinion of each of the players performances?

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 14 Aug 2022, 09:59

They all worked hard for each other. Its that sort of match where you cant single out any one player for being above the other. Individually they were all on their game and all played to their own strengths. I dont think there was a player who looked off or had a bad day.

Maybe that will be the difference this year. A team playing together.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 14 Aug 2022, 10:21

Rich wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 09:35
Really glad that people who went saying it was a TEAM performance but what was the opinion of each of the players performances?
Insall, Sim and Gregory caused problems from the first minute.
Midfield warrants a Special mention to Jack who finally seems to have added early passes from his dazzling runs, and his pass leading up to the second goal was sublime. With Jack acting as an attacking midfield player in puts added responsibility on Hayward and Turton who responded with flying colours. Their work rate is phenomenal.
Evo as captain took to his new role exceptionally well leading by example, and looked solid with Morris. The really big difference we have from last year is left and right back where Quanor and Ezewele have been a revelation, both excellent at spotting the times to make forward runs, and both quick to track back when needed.
Also many were concerned in pre season with lack of depth on the bench, but Manning was player of the season and will soon be available. Kelly will soon be 100% I recovered believe. Birch is suspended for another 2 games. Jack Redhead is making good progress with his long comeback. Fuller looks promising, and the youngsters Funge, Morris, Dudley-toole and Whitehouse in the squad have all showed great promise.
Early days but more to be optimistic about than pessimistic

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 14 Aug 2022, 10:33

old git wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 10:21
Rich wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 09:35
Insall, Sim and Gregory caused problems from the first minute.
Midfield warrants a Special mention to Jack who finally seems to have added early passes from his dazzling runs, and his pass leading up to the second goal was sublime. With Jack acting as an attacking midfield player in puts added responsibility on Hayward and Turton who responded with flying colours. Their work rate is phenomenal.
Evo as captain took to his new role exceptionally well leading by example, and looked solid with Morris. The really big difference we have from last year is left and right back where Quanor and Ezewele have been a revelation, both excellent at spotting the times to make forward runs, and both quick to track back when needed.
Also many were concerned in pre season with lack of depth on the bench, but Manning was player of the season and will soon be available. Kelly will soon be 100% I recovered believe. Birch is suspended for another 2 games. Jack Redhead is making good progress with his long comeback. Fuller looks promising, and the youngsters Funge, Morris, Dudley-toole and Whitehouse in the squad have all showed great promise.
Early days but more to be optimistic about than pessimistic
The point you make about the full backs is bang on. Ezewele has been the pick of the players over pre season in my opinion, he was excellent again yesterday and even had he not scored would probably have been my Man of the Match. Him and Quaynor a real threat going forwards and look solid defensively.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 14 Aug 2022, 10:48

I agree re Ezwele. Have been really impressed with him the past few games.
Dare I say takes us back to the Bowen/Ashmore days

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 14 Aug 2022, 10:54

I think the posts on here do a good job in summarising the match. It was a solid win, and a good start to the season. I would expect us to beat Harborough, so I'm not going to go overboard with the win, that being said, you never know what to expect against a newly promoted team, and the old cliche holds true - you can only play what's infront of you.

The main point I wish to make is to give credit to both sets of players for putting on a competitive and watchable game in ridiculous conditions. The fact the match was played on an abomination of a plastic pitch, and the heat, I expected a scrappy, slow and frankly boring game (as is usually the case on these rubbish pitches!), but it was a good watch with both teams playing good football, which is a testament to all those who played yesterday.

If I was to pick man of the match, it'd probably be Sim. He caused their defenders no end of issues. But you could give it to any number of Yeltz players, and it'd be hard to argue against.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

VanessaYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by VanessaYeltz » 14 Aug 2022, 20:17

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 10:54
I think the posts on here do a good job in summarising the match. It was a solid win, and a good start to the season. I would expect us to beat Harborough, so I'm not going to go overboard with the win, that being said, you never know what to expect against a newly promoted team, and the old cliche holds true - you can only play what's infront of you.

The main point I wish to make is to give credit to both sets of players for putting on a competitive and watchable game in ridiculous conditions. The fact the match was played on an abomination of a plastic pitch, and the heat, I expected a scrappy, slow and frankly boring game (as is usually the case on these rubbish pitches!), but it was a good watch with both teams playing good football, which is a testament to all those who played yesterday.

If I was to pick man of the match, it'd probably be Sim. He caused their defenders no end of issues. But you could give it to any number of Yeltz players, and it'd be hard to argue against.
They were scared to death of Jack & Sim from the first minute, couldn’t handle them at all.

I think Greg’s & Evo deserve special praise, big lads in their 30’s don’t like heat and definitely don’t like 3G pitches - they both put themselves through what must’ve been physical hell on the worst examples of both and put in excellent performances which must’ve physically hurt.