Stamford away

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stamford away

Post by andy » 28 Sep 2021, 21:51

410viawednesbury wrote:
28 Sep 2021, 21:42
Yep, agreed. Take the point and run for home. Start again Saturday.
All the same it's desperately disappointing to give up a 2 goal lead especially with the equaliser coming so late. Even if it's a fair result and we've have taken it at the start, that's 2 points dropped.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 28 Sep 2021, 22:03

Ok. Sense of perspective. We wont win every game. And tough playing conditions too. But if we'd started the league from the last three results, that would be bottom of the table, and yeah I know one was a cup. Still not panicking, but we cant afford another three similar results, because that becomes a habit. In sure Paul will sort it. So lets reassess in a few games. And Stamford are also in the top 10, so not an easy match.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 29 Sep 2021, 08:38

Sense check here. We are 2 points clear with a game in hand, albeit with only a quarter of the season gone. We have beaten 4 of the top 10 and drawn with 2 of the top 10. We have reached the end of September undefeated in the league..

Yes there have been wobbles, there will be further wobbles but overall times are good. I've don't think that I've ever felt this positive about the league at this time of year.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 29 Sep 2021, 08:52

Noggin wrote:
29 Sep 2021, 08:38
Yes there have been wobbles, there will be further wobbles but overall times are good.
There's a few on here who need to give their head one as well ;D

We have a run of games now against some of the bottom 6 (finally) having played a fair few in the top 10 thus far. The two lowest we've beat are Cambridge (13th, who are improving) and Bedworth (14th) being the lowest we've come up against. Wisbech, Yaxley will be tough and throw in Loughborough which will hopefully set us up for the tricky end to Oct / start of Nov against Ilson, Spalding and Coleshill.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 29 Sep 2021, 08:55

Noggin wrote:
29 Sep 2021, 08:38
Sense check here. We are 2 points clear with a game in hand, albeit with only a quarter of the season gone. We have beaten 4 of the top 10 and drawn with 2 of the top 10. We have reached the end of September undefeated in the league..

Yes there have been wobbles, there will be further wobbles but overall times are good. I've don't think that I've ever felt this positive about the league at this time of year.
Exactly what I was thinking. By a quirk of the fixtures we have played two thirds of our games against the current top ten, and four of them away.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 29 Sep 2021, 09:02

What a crazy Tuesday night. A 3 hour coach journey with the worst coach driver and coach trip ever, only just about making the kick off. Hammered it down with rain all evening so was never going to be a classic game. I missed two out of the four goals. Do I regret going?! Absolutely not.

Feels disappointing conceding a 90th minute equaliser when we should have saw the game out but in truth a draw was more than Stamford deserved as they arguably could have won it in the end.

Yes a bit of perspective needed as we are still clear with a game in hand and despite not being at our best the last couple of weeks we are still unbeaten in the league and picking up points. Last night could prove to be a very valuable one.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 29 Sep 2021, 12:29

Bizarrely one of my favourite away games.

Terrible journey there. Missed kick off, and our first goal. Got absolutely soaked during a monsoon in the first half. Got told off by the barman for singing Yeltz songs in the bar. Didn't get back 'till 12:30ish.

Loved every minute of it.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 29 Sep 2021, 17:29

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
29 Sep 2021, 12:29

Terrible journey there. Missed kick off, and our first goal. Got absolutely soaked during a monsoon in the first half. Got told off by the barman for singing Yeltz songs in the bar. Didn't get back 'till 12:30ish.

Surely the bar had a licence for "entertainment" :D ;)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Sep 2021, 17:55

AwayDayYeltz wrote:

Memories in the making, that's what it's all about. Brilliant!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 29 Sep 2021, 18:34

410viawednesbury wrote:
29 Sep 2021, 17:29
AwayDayYeltz wrote:

Surely the bar had a licence for "entertainment" :D ;)
I thought we were very good entertainment! I'm sure people would use other words to describe it!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz