Ilkeston Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ilkeston Updates

Post by juanillo » 04 Sep 2021, 16:53

Finished 2-1. A hard earned win in the end and whilst not wholly convincing at times, we restricted them to just a few half chances and deserved the victory.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 04 Sep 2021, 16:54

Attendance 1,005

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 04 Sep 2021, 17:58

Seven wins on the bounce to start the season. Fantastic.

Deserved victory on balance but Ilkeston did get themselves back into it second half. I strongly suspect we will both be up the top of the league this season and they’ll be two big games between us.

Crowd was the most pleasing thing today. Momentum really building through the gate and everyone seemed to enjoy the occasion. Hopefully another home tie in the next round.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 04 Sep 2021, 18:42

piearce9 wrote:
04 Sep 2021, 17:58
Seven wins on the bounce to start the season. Fantastic.

Deserved victory on balance but Ilkeston did get themselves back into it second half. I strongly suspect we will both be up the top of the league this season and they’ll be two big games between us.

Crowd was the most pleasing thing today. Momentum really building through the gate and everyone seemed to enjoy the occasion. Hopefully another home tie in the next round.
Agree entirely with this. Atmosphere was brilliant today.
Second half we really dropped our level but still did enough to stop them creating any real chances.
First half we played some good stuff.
No Lewis Wright today ? and presume Ahmed Ali still on holiday?
Good to see so many of the youngsters on the bench, bodes well for the future.
Well played lads :D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 04 Sep 2021, 18:44

Certainly deserved the win overall. I did have a slight feeling of deja vu when they scored early in the second half but today we responded well to that setback and saw the game out comfortably. More pennies in the pot for the club topped up by a great attendance. As long as this doesn't derail any promotion push bring it on. Stourbr*dge next round? Oh, hang on a minute....😂😆😂
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 04 Sep 2021, 18:53

YeltzDoc wrote:
04 Sep 2021, 15:01
One of their mob stood by me has claimed that they’re playing “all the fucking reserves”.
Let’s see.
Well not quite...6 played on Monday and the subs who came on weren't reserves as such.

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 04 Sep 2021, 20:41

DJ's match report:
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... ---report/
Tulleys Print Man of the Match selected by Carole Hadley: Rob Evans
Non-League Paper Man of the Match: Harry White

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 05 Sep 2021, 07:13

Our game management, once we conceded the goal, was outstanding. Ditto Khalsa and Belper. This is something that has really come on of late.

Apologies for repeating myself, but this squad is so balanced, I genuinely believe we can deal with anything the opposition can throw at us.

Are we playing perfect? No. There's still room to improve, but now isn't the time to go into that. Seven wins from seven games, and I'm absolutely buzzing, and I'm just loving watching us right now. It's wonderful.

Long may this continue.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 05 Sep 2021, 12:30

It speaks volumes that this match thread is only two pages long, there is nothing really to say/moan about. You can nit pick at little things such as our inability to keep clean sheets currently and not steam rolling teams like we were two seasons ago but primarily 7 wins on the bounce. You just can’t knock it.

Another fantastic day and super crowd and atmosphere down the Grove yesterday. It really is a great time to be a Yeltzman.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 05 Sep 2021, 14:18

dalevillain wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 12:30
It speaks volumes that this match thread is only two pages long, there is nothing really to say/moan about. You can nit pick at little things such as our inability to keep clean sheets currently and not steam rolling teams like we were two seasons ago but primarily 7 wins on the bounce. You just can’t knock it.

Another fantastic day and super crowd and atmosphere down the Grove yesterday. It really is a great time to be a Yeltzman.
You're bang on, but we'll have a game, or even a run of games, where conceding a sloppy goal from a position of dominance will cost us. But I'll moan about that if/when it happens!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz