Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Bedford Town away

Post by andy » 10 Mar 2020, 21:44

juanillo wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 21:35
3-1 down. I didn't see this coming
Seriously? To play virtually every midweek at this level since god knows when and every midweek till the end of the season has to take its toll. I'm just surprised some people are thinking it's going to be so easy.
Never mind, a couple of thousand at the Trophy game won't give a stuff.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 10 Mar 2020, 21:48

Time wasting and appalling ref notwithstanding, that was... concerning. They just seemed to want it more and were first (and second) to the ball every time. I retain the belief we’ll be fine, but wouldn’t it be nice to just be plain sailing?

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 10 Mar 2020, 22:01

I'll be totally negative - this Trophy run will ruin our season!
Promotion, or an appearance at Wembley?
I know what I want!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 10 Mar 2020, 23:52

Ok. Having just returned home from the most tedious drive ever. Possibly the worst performance Ive seen this year, and I left the ground feeling like John Hill was back. It was that poor. Im not convinced fatigue is the reason, given the performance saturday. It just didnt happen tonight, and as already said, second to virtually every ball. Only Cobourne played anywhere near his normal standard, the others looked well below par. It felt like we just hoofed the ball up and hoped
I think it will be a blip if I'm honest. We cannot win every game. The other two around us havent either, but we cant afford that performance again.

Fair play to Bedford, they played really well and passed it about. Ref was shocking but we were the architects of our own downfall.

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 11 Mar 2020, 07:36

piearce9 wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 21:44
I thought we put out our strongest XI tonight as well! ???
No Molly or Holmes last night which really reduced our options to change things round.
Anyone know if they were just unavailable or injured??

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 11 Mar 2020, 08:54

Agree with all other posts..... bad day at the office... not a good performance... and we know players will be feeling it, but now is the time to dig deep and put it all on the line every game...... some players seem to be going through the motions and don't seem fired up, lacking desire.... that has to change if you want to win something.... been a great season but not won anything yet !!! First half wasn't too bad should have got a penalty and created a few chances, with coborne getting in behind and pulling a couple of balls back to teammates who didn't want to shoot ?? The long ball game wasn't working, needed to play more on the deck, as that was where all the chances created came from...... come second half expected things to change but never did, especially when Yates came on,,,,,, played into their hands really as their centre back was a giant !!!.. fair play to mc cone... battled well and got stuck in... threw himself about, looked a bit frustrated,in last ten mins.....went up front, but that wasn't the answer..... lost to a better side on the night, needed a plan b..... thought their players were awful, squealing like little girls, every tackle. ,!! One in particular, second half on the touch line just in front of us.... was squeeling like a pig a good two seconds before the tackle...... come on it's a mans game..... isn't it ??
Hope we get back to winning ways on Saturday..... come on lads... dig deep... best of luck... you deserve it.......

SpongeDad
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by SpongeDad » 11 Mar 2020, 09:09

Rich wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 07:36
piearce9 wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 21:44
I thought we put out our strongest XI tonight as well! ???
No Molly or Holmes last night which really reduced our options to change things round.
Anyone know if they were just unavailable or injured??
I was wondering about these two also. I even checked Burton academy to see if Holmes was recalled. I'm hoping last night will have a positive effect and show the players not to get complacent

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 11 Mar 2020, 09:36

most of what I think about last night has already been said, except that I don't think that either set of players helped the ref last night. Bedford in particular did more moaning than my missus has in 40 years..... and then we got sucked in.
So what I really wanted to say is that from the top levels of the game down football could be vastly improved if we brought in a rugby code where only captains can address the ref. For the first few months it would be chaos as all clubs would run out of players suspended, but like training a puppy it would soon change, and refs cold then get on with reffing the bloody game instead of handling a verbal barrage of abuse for every tackle that goes in. No wonder we are struggling for officials at all levels.
And while I'm at it which bloody idiot decided to close the M1 ;D

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 11 Mar 2020, 10:45

PSPostBedford.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Mar 2020, 14:23

I think we're all losing the plot. Suddenly an extra 2000 people are getting overexcited about a football team they never watch and everyone's panicking about tickets for a game that will have no bearing on our future. We lose another midweek game last night and it doesn't muster 2 pages of comments. If we don't get promotion (and I still think we will) it will be a disaster. Back to the same old crowds against supporterless opposition. I know we CAN have both but if we don't get promotion I doubt most of this team will be here next year.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0