Yaxley

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Yaxley

Post by drummyb » 18 Feb 2020, 21:51

Outstanding performance. I thought the first ten minutes or so we looked shaky at the back but aside from that a fantastic team effort. Catlow in particular deserves some credit. I thought he made some really important saves in the first half. Well played lads.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 18 Feb 2020, 22:23

The team are just relentless and never seem satisfied with shutting up shop although I should not have doubted another clean sheet.

Everyone got at least 5 points yet again on the predictions which is also testament to the fans' faith in the team's capability

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 18 Feb 2020, 22:29

Great nights football and fantastic performance again
Glad to see over 500 there on a cold wet night with Champions League on tv.
I am sure this was much better entertainment ;D

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 18 Feb 2020, 22:30

BetVictor Southern League - Division One Central – Tuesday, 18th February 2020

Halesowen Town 5 Yaxley 0

Another 5-star victory hoisted Halesowen to the top of the league table, writes DJ.

Prior to the kick off a one-minute silence was held in remembrance of long-time supporter Roger Turner, who passed away on Tuesday, 11th February.

An Ash Sammons shot soon set the tone for an exciting first half by deflecting off Joel Earps for a first minute corner from James Bowen’s cross. Home goalkeeper Bradley Catlow had plenty of first half work to do against in-form Yaxley and he saved with his legs in the 3rd minute after Sam Bennett was let through straight on goal, with Dan Jarvis’s rebound shot deflected into the side-netting.

With both sides wanting to attack, Montel Gibson’s 9th minute header was well saved by Yaxley goalkeeper Aaron Butcher and Gibson planted another header just high a minute later. Halesowen took a 10th minute lead when lively Simeon COBOURNE intercepted a pass and took his chance exceptionally well, beating goalkeeper Butcher to the ball to stroke the ball early into an empty net as two defenders raced back.

Catlow made another good low save after 15 minutes and in end-to-end action Gibson’s 19th minute shot was turned away for a corner. Butcher saved another Gibson shot from the left after Ahmed Ali did well and Ali headed the resulting corner over the bar. Cobourne was just denied by Butcher again after 25 minutes.

Catlow was on hand again to make a great 26th minute save at full stretch from a cross into Bennett and Jarvis cut in from the left to fire wide in the 28th minute.

But Halesowen doubled their lead after 30 minutes when Robbie Bunn set up BOWEN to bury a fierce, deflected 20 yard drive past Butcher into the far corner. Halesowen then survived an incredible 31st minute scramble, somehow escaping from three good Yaxley chances in quick succession with the best falling for Thomas Waumsley to crash the ball against the post from an open goal.

The Yeltz then made it 3-0 when SAMMONS converted a 36th minute penalty after Cobourne was brought down just inside the penalty area.

If the first half was somewhat harsh on the Cuckoos, Halesowen went on to totally dominate after the interval. At the start of the second half, Cobourne hit a good chance over the bar, Lewis Wright shot just wide and Bunn also fired inches wide.

Halesowen then created a lovely fourth goal in the 62nd minute, working the ball well for Cobourne to cross from the right for GIBSON to touch home his 30th goal of the campaign at the far post. Bunn and Gibson then combined well for Wright to strike the side-netting two minutes later. Another Bunn effort was tipped around the post for a 67th minute corner and Bunn’s 70th minute low free-kick was saved by Butcher. Ali nodded just high in the 73rd minute and substitute Jack Holmes put a 78th minute chance just past the post.

The Yeltz completed the scoring at 5-0 when Bunn crossed from the right for substitute Luke YATES to turn home in the 79th minute. But the new league leaders still kept going and almost added more goals when Yates headed McKauley Manning’s cross just wide and Bunn’s 90th minute free-kick was turned around the post.

Halesowen Town: Bradley Catlow; Lewis Wright, James Bowen (McKauley Manning 55), Rob Evans, Paul McCone (c), Jordan Piggott, Ahmed Ali, Robbie Bunn, Montel Gibson (Luke Yates 77), Simeon Cobourne (Jack Holmes 66), Ash Sammons. Subs Not Used: Jamie Ashmore, Jamie Molyneux.

Yaxley: Aaron Butcher; John-Paul Duncliffe, Charley Sanders, Joel Earps, Dalton Bettles, Toby Salmon, Sam Bennett (Jake Battersby 73), Liam Hook, Thomas Waumsley (Scott Waumsley 80), Daniel Cotton (c), Daniel Jarvis. Subs Not Used: James Blake (GK), Andrew Furnell.

Referee: Jamie Conde Attendance: 513
Booked: Cotton (66)

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 18 Feb 2020, 22:32

A sublime performance once again- one the best of the season in my opinion. We scrapped to a 2-1 at their place but it was a total masterclass tonight and 5-0 was probably a bit on the light side.

It’s just chance after chance and the opportunities come from everywhere. The boys are so well drilled and so disciplined- they just keep looking for more. The subs always add energy and a further goal threat.

I could go on but, for now, I’ll enjoy looking at the league table. We are finally top!

Capinjazz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Capinjazz » 18 Feb 2020, 22:43

Well well, what a brilliant performance...Simeon Colbourne - so underrated it’s untrue - he tore holes in that defence 3 or 4 times tonight. Robbie Bunn - fantastic yet again! Yates comes on and scores another goal, We have brilliance on the pitch and the bench. Whenever we make a sub it’s not disappointing because the replacement always has something to offer!!

Great stuff again and again.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 18 Feb 2020, 23:25

Summed up by the fact that 3 0 at halftime somewhat flattered us ... but 5 0 at the end certainly flattered Yaxley. All credit to them though as they did play some excellent stuff in the first half, but their keeper was one of the best seen at The Grove for a long time and he alone saved their blushes in the end ;D

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 19 Feb 2020, 06:34

I've just run out of compliments to heap onto this team. I'm just enjoying the ride. Football seldom offers seasons like this. It's just incredible to be apart of.

I can't stop smiling, and I'm just loving this season. What an incredible team we have. From the top down. From playing staff to volunteers.

What a turnaround. Thank you to all involved. It means a lot to myself, and I'm sure to many others.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 19 Feb 2020, 08:03

old git wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 23:25
Summed up by the fact that 3 0 at halftime somewhat flattered us ... but 5 0 at the end certainly flattered Yaxley. All credit to them though as they did play some excellent stuff in the first half, but their keeper was one of the best seen at The Grove for a long time and he alone saved their blushes in the end ;D
Pretty much agree with this, they weren’t a bad side by any means. We were pretty average in the first half but still came in 3-0 up however could have been different had they converted one of their many chances they had.

Second half different story but in fairness we didn’t really get out of 2nd gear, it was that easy and comfortable but like you say fair play to their keeper as it could have been a cricket score if he hadn’t pulled off some cracking saves.

Just another brilliant night in a great season and with 513 there on a cold Tuesday night in February shows this support is growing, long may it continue!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Feb 2020, 08:12

All summed up perfectly by everybody. If I can add one more thanks regarding last night though.
I would like to thank everybody at the club for the kindness shown to Rogers wife Marlene who attended her first ever Town game last night, accompanying Dave after Rogers death last week. Total class.
The comments in the programme and from Paul. Total class.
The respect shown from supporters and the minutes applause. Each and every one of you. Total class.
What a club we've got now. You know the rest...
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0