Gateshead Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Gateshead Updates

Post by DJ » 24 Nov 2019, 13:10

Buildbase FA Trophy Third Qualifying Round – Saturday, 23rd November 2019

Halesowen Town 1 Gateshead 0

Super Simeon Cobourne’s late winner launched jubilant Halesowen into the First Round Proper of the FA Trophy. Cobourne chose the perfect moment to score his first ever Halesowen goal as the Yeltz completed an epic conquest over Gateshead of the National League North.

After a cagey but even opening, the Heed had slightly the better of the few first-half chances with their neat passing play. Liam Agnew fired over the bar from 20 yards for the visitors in the 21st minute and Rob Evans made a brilliant 25th minute challenge to rob Michael Nelson in the penalty area. Home goalkeeper Brendon Bunn saved easily as Greg Olley met Jordan Preston’s 26th minute corner and Bunn made a low save from Preston a minute later. As Halesowen began to grow into the game and test the visitors, Jamie Molyneux’s 34th minute ball across goal was cleared.

But it was after the interval that Halesowen really took the game to their higher league visitors to record a famous victory. Montel Gibson earned Halesowen’s first corner in the 50th minute, but Ash Sammons delivered straight at goalkeeper Sam Guthrie. Sammons then hit over the bar as Halesowen won another 56th minute corner kick. At the other end, James Bowen did well to head clear a 58th minute free-kick from Gateshead captain Scott Barrows.

As Halesowen’s belief grew, Guthrie did well to tip a low, dipping 20 yard shot from Sammons around the post for another home corner in the 64th minute. Bowen surged down the left four minutes later but crossed over the bar and Molyneux shot at Guthrie after 69 minutes. Sammons was a constant danger and he unleashed another low, raking drive after 73 minutes with the ball deflected away for a corner.

Gateshead introduced leading striker Joshua Kayode late on and the Yeltz had an 80th minute let-off when Kayode robbed home goalkeeper Bunn but could only strike the side-netting with Bunn stranded well out of his goal. Bunn then made a good save after captain Paul McCone lost out to Kayode four minutes later.

But the Yeltz grabbed their precious 86th minute winner when a right-wing corner was headed back by Gibson at the far post for COBOURNE to flick home in a crowded six-yard box to send the Grove into raptures. After their mighty team effort, the impressive Yeltz were in no mood to let the vital lead slip and saw out four minutes of stoppage time with great composure.

Halesowen Town: Brendon Bunn; Jamie Ashmore, James Bowen, Jordan Piggott, Paul McCone (c), Robert Evans, Ashley Sammons (Andrew Parsons 89), Josh Hawker, Montel Gibson, Jamie Molyneux (Simeon Cobourne 70), Reece Hewitt. Subs Not Used: Lewis Wright, Robbie Bunn, McKauley Manning, Luke Yates, Bradley Catlow (GK).

Gateshead: Sam Guthrie; Dominic Tear, Scott Barrow (c), Connor Oliver, Toby Lees, Michael Nelson, Liam Agnew (Nicky Deverdics 88), Elliot Forbes, Paul Blackett, Greg Olley, Jordan Preston (Joshua Kayode 77). Subs Not Used: JJ O’Donnell, Brad James, Alex Sakellaropoulos (GK).

Referee: Daniel Locker Attendance: 546
Booked: Molyneux (54)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Halesowen Town Colts u-13s: Rob Evans

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 24 Nov 2019, 14:30

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
24 Nov 2019, 11:47
SpongeDad wrote:
24 Nov 2019, 10:54
As I've mentioned on here before ive been a wolves supporter since I was a kid and this is my first season watching Halesowen. I'm sitting at home far happier about the halesowen result yesterday than the wolves one. I don't know if I'm getting carried away but I feel like that was one of the best games I've ever been to. I feel like I'm watching proper football again
I'm not sure about being one of the best games to have attended. But it's certainly up there with the best Yeltz performances I've seen.

Considering the opposition, I'm struggling to think of better performances? (anyone want to argue this? I'm still on a high after yesterday, so could be talking bollocks!).

Old 'uns - where does yesterday rate in terms of performances? Am I getting carried away?
Probably a little unfair to rate the performance against years gone by. It wasn't a thrilling game but a perfectly executed game plan against a team much higher than ourselves. It must have given the boss immense satisfaction. It was simply a pleasure to watch us reduce them to an average side after they looked bright early on. It is just enough for me to be able to favourably compare this season with high points in the 80s and 90s. We are still 2 divisions below where we were then though and we could do that to teams better than Gateshead week in week out. So rather than comparing I'm just enjoying this fantastic ride the current side and boss are giving us.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

YeltzTV
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzTV » 24 Nov 2019, 18:11

YeltzDoc wrote:
24 Nov 2019, 00:56
YeltzTV wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 23:50
Halesowen Town 1 - 0 Gateshead
23/11/2019

Match Highlights: https://youtu.be/uwuBMEkjnTU
Manager Interview: https://youtu.be/aVlJVYhhYDM
Player Interview: https://youtu.be/pQubntXr_7c
When Bunn went walkabout towards the end, and their big lad nicked it of him and waltzed into the box, before calmly sidefooting it wide of an empty net, did I really hear someone shout, “Savo!”?

😂😂😂
What can I say, I like to keep my insults relevant 😂