andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Welwyn

Post by andy » 02 Sep 2019, 14:08

HasburyYeltz wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 11:59
andy wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 11:16
Am I the only one that actually doesn't think we played too badly? Is it just after a few games we have now set the bar much higher? I'd have been chuffed with that performance last season and come away saying we were unlucky.
I also disagree that Jamie should 'grow a thicker skin', he's given everything this season and has looked quality. If someone wants to have a pop at him, then expect it back in spades! Yes, I've had a go at players in the past, but if you f*** and blind at them then you should stand by your remark and except whatever comes back your way. If not don't make the comment in the first place.
For the record, the comment did not come from me, I heard it from the shed end, but it was not over zealous or persistent in its nature. I've heard a lot worse. However, I have to disagree with you on Jamie's conduct following the comment. Just because the lad has done well to date, it does not mean he can turn on a paying fan that was disappointed with his effort. My point (which it looks like you missed) was, he showed a side of him that disappointed me. Surely I'm allowed an opinion? To make it at any level you need to be able to bush these things off. I hope he continues his fine form for us but, his actions worried me to what he would do if the going got tough. I like you didn't agree with any of the lads getting a hard time from their performance on Saturday.

I also didn't think we played too bad but, we lacked quality in the final 3rd. As I said, with a different ref we could have easily ended up with a draw.
No don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising your opinion. I'm just one of those that feels if you dish it out you should accept it back. By all accounts the language aimed at him was stronger than you suggested. I mean he's one of our own and a good one at that. 'Head up Jamie, it'll come' may have gone down a little better?
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 02 Sep 2019, 15:48

andy wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 14:08
HasburyYeltz wrote:
andy wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 11:16
Am I the only one that actually doesn't think we played too badly? Is it just after a few games we have now set the bar much higher? I'd have been chuffed with that performance last season and come away saying we were unlucky.
I also disagree that Jamie should 'grow a thicker skin', he's given everything this season and has looked quality. If someone wants to have a pop at him, then expect it back in spades! Yes, I've had a go at players in the past, but if you f*** and blind at them then you should stand by your remark and except whatever comes back your way. If not don't make the comment in the first place.
For the record, the comment did not come from me, I heard it from the shed end, but it was not over zealous or persistent in its nature. I've heard a lot worse. However, I have to disagree with you on Jamie's conduct following the comment. Just because the lad has done well to date, it does not mean he can turn on a paying fan that was disappointed with his effort. My point (which it looks like you missed) was, he showed a side of him that disappointed me. Surely I'm allowed an opinion? To make it at any level you need to be able to bush these things off. I hope he continues his fine form for us but, his actions worried me to what he would do if the going got tough. I like you didn't agree with any of the lads getting a hard time from their performance on Saturday.

I also didn't think we played too bad but, we lacked quality in the final 3rd. As I said, with a different ref we could have easily ended up with a draw.
No don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising your opinion. I'm just one of those that feels if you dish it out you should accept it back. By all accounts the language aimed at him was stronger than you suggested. I mean he's one of our own and a good one at that. 'Head up Jamie, it'll come' may have gone down a little better?
I was shouting 'head up Molly'!

I get both sides of the argument. I do think reacting to a negative comment lacks professionalism, and I do think players should be able to shrug it off.

But I also understand why a player wouldn't be happy, and would want to confront whoever.

I don't think what was said was too bad, although I'd like to think our players deserve better on the basis of what they've given us in a short space of time.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 02 Sep 2019, 16:56

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 15:48
andy wrote:
HasburyYeltz wrote:

I get both sides of the argument. I do think reacting to a negative comment lacks professionalism, and I do think players should be able to shrug it off.

But I also understand why a player wouldn't be happy, and would want to confront whoever.

I don't think what was said was too bad, although I'd like to think our players deserve better on the basis of what they've given us in a short space of time.
Ah that was you!!! Fair play, for trying to gee him up and I guess you saw his reaction to the initial shout. No it wasnt a horrendous abusive comment in the slightest, but it was "Thats fooking shite". I thought he over reacted but hey ho. We're probably giving it more time than it deserves.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 02 Sep 2019, 19:52

drummyb wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 16:56
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 15:48
andy wrote:

Ah that was you!!! Fair play, for trying to gee him up and I guess you saw his reaction to the initial shout. No it wasnt a horrendous abusive comment in the slightest, but it was "Thats fooking shite". I thought he over reacted but hey ho. We're probably giving it more time than it deserves.
I don't think we've made a big deal about it. It was mentioned on here and we've conversed about it. I don't think it's a big deal, anyway.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz