Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Yaxley Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 17 Aug 2019, 16:53

Full time 2.1

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 17 Aug 2019, 19:10

Just got home. Massive relief to score such a late winner, and a really important three points.

Second half was a taste of what’s to come. Yaxley were backs to the wall and only properly got out of their half a few times. They tried to kill time at every opportunity (which you could expect with ten men) but did take the proverbial by claiming head injuries to get the game stopped and faking injuries. It nearly worked for them, and I daresay that many more teams will play like this against us.

Football was good and positive overall. We dominated possession and created some good chances. However our failure to finish our dinner came back to bite us and a soft goal gave Yaxley the chance to put up the shutters at half time. Second half there were a few players for whom frustration crept in and they became less effective. Just when it looked like we were out of ideas, Luke Yates (who was a clear man of the match) fired one into the top corner.

I expect it will be weeks before our play becomes polished but we need to kill off games early when on top, and we also need to ensure we find ways to break through when the opposition are back to the walls.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 17 Aug 2019, 19:31

All in a nutshell piearce9. I desperately wanted us to show more urgency as the game went on as I just could not see their 9 men across the penalty area folding. But they say patience is a virtue and it finally paid off. We never changed the way we played and eventually deep into injury time a gap opened up in front of Yates and he hit it. What a sublime winner. We will get better but as has been said I think a few teams may do this to us and we must be more ruthless. Still, very, very happy, well done lads!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 18 Aug 2019, 08:31

Not at home at the moment which makes it harder to do the research myself, but I’d be interested to see our recent record in the first game of the season.

My gut reaction is we rarely win the first game, but that may just be the reaction to several rubbish seasons we’ve endured in the last decade.

Seems really important to have got off to a good start yesterday, as it would have been a right let down not to beat 10 men. Hoping for a good result in midweek too to keep up the positive vibes!

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 18 Aug 2019, 08:38

Poll wrote:
18 Aug 2019, 08:31
Not at home at the moment which makes it harder to do the research myself, but I’d be interested to see our recent record in the first game of the season.

My gut reaction is we rarely win the first game, but that may just be the reaction to several rubbish seasons we’ve endured in the last decade.

Seems really important to have got off to a good start yesterday, as it would have been a right let down not to beat 10 men. Hoping for a good result in midweek too to keep up the positive vibes!
http://yeltzarchives.com/index.php?opti ... mid=200157

;)

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 18 Aug 2019, 08:51

We won our first game last season! And that was a very late winner too.

There’s no doubt about it though, this team is a different gravy to what we’ve seen in previous seasons. I can’t think of the last time we had a calm, controlled, pick-a-pass centre midfielder and this season we’ve ended up with five of them.

Yesterday was strange because instead of huffing and puffing for 90 mins without any output, we totally dominated the game and the frustration came from not taking chances.

Was also nice to see the players come and celebrate with the fans for the winner and show some appreciation at the final whistle. They all appear to be enjoying playing for the club and have desire to win. Deffo recommend people get down The Grove on Tuesday and see the change for themselves- it’s all very promising.

YeltzTV
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzTV » 18 Aug 2019, 17:33

Yaxley 1 - 2 Halesowen Town
Match Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUYO1xvMDl4
Post Match Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EelynUZuLfk