Kiddy

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Kiddy

Post by DJ » 27 Jul 2019, 17:25

Halesowen Town 4 Kidderminster Harriers 1

Impressive Halesowen hit four goals of fine quality in a 20-minute spell to defeat Kidderminster Harriers of the National League North in an excellent overall team performance.

The Yeltz made an energetic start as Montel Gibson fired wide of Tom Palmer’s upright in the 3rd minute and Palmer then turned the ball onto his post and away for an 11th minute corner after Luke Yates supplied Ethan Jones.

A 27th minute header from Richard Peniket brought a good save from home goalkeeper Brad Catlow following Darragh Lowth’s cross in the best chance of the first period for Kiddy in their final friendly ahead of the new season.

The Harriers were soon left stunned as the lively Yeltz raced into a three-goal lead in the final fifteen minutes of first-half. Palmer made a good 32nd minute one-handed save from Gibson but Luke YATES was on hand to convert the rebound. Yates then burst down the left and although Palmer saved again, Ethan JONES this time turned home the 40th minute rebound. Gibson headed just over the bar in the 42nd minute but GIBSON soon made it 3-0 in first-half stoppage time by beating three men down the right and firing past Palmer in an excellent solo effort.

YATES displayed great skill and composure to make it 4-0 to Halesowen after 50 minutes when he chipped home delicately, despite being surrounded by four visiting defenders and the goalkeeper. In further free-flowing football, Palmer saved after a great 53rd minute run by Yates and then saved from Gibson two minutes later.

Knory Scott’s 75th minute shot was turned away for a corner by Yeltz goalkeeper Catlow but the Harriers finally pulled a goal back in the 78th minute when Jaiden WHITE’s 20 yard free-kick sailed through the home area straight into the bottom corner of Catlow’s net.

Halesowen Town: Brad Catlow; Jamie Ashmore, James Bowen, Ash Sammons, Paul McCone (c), Andrew Parsons, Josh Hawker, Robbie Bunn, Montel Gibson, Ethan Jones, Luke Yates. Subs: Rob Evans, Brendon Bunn, Lewis Wright, Jordan Piggott, Jamie Lucas, Reece Hewitt, Isai Marselia.

Kidderminster Harriers: Tom Palmer, Darragh Lowth, James Dutton, Jimmy O’Connor, Harry Higginson, Sam Hall, Knory Scott, Bailey Fuller, Richard Peniket, A. Trialist, Jaiden White. Subs: Shane Lowth, Ewan Mountjoy, Myles Brooks, Reiss Taylor-Randle, Will Rawlins, Cian Fenlon.

Attendance: 411

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Jul 2019, 17:35

We made that look scarily easy. So many good performances out there, all under instruction to pass and retain the ball and not waste it with hopeful punts. When long balls are played they are with precision to a player in a dangerous position. We shoot on sight (especially Gibson, we have to keep him!) and always look like scoring. Give nothing away defensively and look very confident knocking the ball around the back four until an there is an opening further up the field. Bowen at left back seems to give us a lot of options in both halves of the field, well impressed with him as was I with Yates on the left hand side, Kiddy could not handle him. I've picked out a few but the whole team were worthy of mentions of thier own to fair. And so to the gaffer. How he has put a side together from scratch capable of this in a few weeks is frankly beyond anything we could have hoped for. Please let this not be a dream. Yaxley, you are toast.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 28 Jul 2019, 09:32

Andy "ditto!"
What a pleasure it is to watch our team play!
What a complete turn around from the dross that has been our pain to endure for many seasons past.
It isn't a dream - it's actually happening.

YeltzTV
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzTV » 28 Jul 2019, 10:23

PSF HIGHLIGHTS | The Yetlz 4 - 1 Kidderminster Harriers FC

WATCH NOW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj7P5RApjrw

valenciayeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by valenciayeltz » 28 Jul 2019, 14:18

andy wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 16:34
YeltzDoc wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 16:27
I’m trying to keep my displaced excitement under control...
What sort of side have Kiddymonster put out?
Is it first team-ish or kids?
We think it looks a real mix and match. It's their last friendly though, you'd think there were a good few starters.
According to their forum, it was the Kiddy Under-23 squad with two regular subs from the 1st team. I did notice that not a single player from yesterday started their 1st team friendly v Wolves last week. It does seem a bit odd with it being their last friendly (and a number of their fans seem very unhappy about it), but I don't think that was anything near a proper Harriers team.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 Jul 2019, 14:47

valenciayeltz wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 14:18
andy wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 16:34
YeltzDoc wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 16:27
I’m trying to keep my displaced excitement under control...
What sort of side have Kiddymonster put out?
Is it first team-ish or kids?
We think it looks a real mix and match. It's their last friendly though, you'd think there were a good few starters.
According to their forum, it was the Kiddy Under-23 squad with two regular subs from the 1st team. I did notice that not a single player from yesterday started their 1st team friendly v Wolves last week. It does seem a bit odd with it being their last friendly (and a number of their fans seem very unhappy about it), but I don't think that was anything near a proper Harriers team.
Aah, that might explain the relative ease of it then! Nonetheless, nothing can be taken away from OUR performance, if we keep that up I suggest we won't be far away from a good season.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 Jul 2019, 15:06

Just read the Kiddy forum, they are not happy. And rightly so. They say to field an U23 side was disrespectful to us, which is a nice acknowledgement, but it is far more disrespectful to thier own fans I think. Last friendly and no 1st teamers, they really must be fearing the worst for the season. They've really gone through the mill as well in recent years, I wish them well, they deserve better.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Jul 2019, 15:16

andy wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 15:06
Just read the Kiddy forum, they are not happy. And rightly so. They say to field an U23 side was disrespectful to us, which is a nice acknowledgement, but it is far more disrespectful to thier own fans I think. Last friendly and no 1st teamers, they really must be fearing the worst for the season. They've really gone through the mill as well in recent years, I wish them well, they deserve better.
I wonder what Paul Smith's thoughts are? I'd have thought when this fixture was arranged it was with the expectation of facing a full Kiddy side and not their youth side. I do feel like it's not ideal preparation for us, and I have no idea what they're playing at, playing their youth side in their last pre-season fixture.

Madness.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 Jul 2019, 15:25

YeltzTV wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 10:23
PSF HIGHLIGHTS | The Yetlz 4 - 1 Kidderminster Harriers FC

WATCH NOW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj7P5RApjrw
Just watched the highlights, which I have to say are of the usual high standard, well done guys. The stats at the end give us twenty shots with eighteen on target! This is completely alien to us terrace folk, that would normally be a couple of months worth. Loving it. ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 Jul 2019, 15:30

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 15:16
andy wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 15:06
I wonder what Paul Smith's thoughts are? I'd have thought when this fixture was arranged it was with the expectation of facing a full Kiddy side and not their youth side. I do feel like it's not ideal preparation for us, and I have no idea what they're playing at, playing their youth side in their last pre-season fixture.

Madness.

Maybe not 'ideal' for us but we do still have 3 testing fixtures to come. That will be a great confidence boost for the lads though. I just wish we were starting next week. 8)