Re: Boldmere St Michaels

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 16 Jul 2019, 21:34

It was alright.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 16 Jul 2019, 21:57

It's very quiet in the car on the way back. None of the lads have anything to moan about. They've resorted to talking about Love Island.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 16 Jul 2019, 22:28

Wow, well what can you say?! That was a joy to watch from start to finish.

Yes it was only a friendly against a lower opposition side but that’s got to be one of the most complete performances i’ve seen at non league level ever.

Pass and move one touch football, telepathic understanding between the players, use of the wings, nice link up play, great movement, long balls to feet, adesire to win the ball back after losing possession.

You have to pinch yourself and ask, is that Halesowen I’ve seen tonight?!

Things just seem so good right now, almost too good to be true....

Solly39
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Solly39 » 16 Jul 2019, 22:35

Wow, what a performance and what a result. Yes just a psf but our style of play has changed dramatically from the past few years. Wish the season was starting on Saturday. Really like the look of Montel Gibson up front. He looks to be brimming with confidence and could get a hat full of goals this season. Loving the clean sheets too.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 16 Jul 2019, 23:19

dalevillain wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 22:28
Wow, well what can you say?! That was a joy to watch from start to finish.

Yes it was only a friendly against a lower opposition side but that’s got to be one of the most complete performances i’ve seen at non league level ever.

Pass and move one touch football, telepathic understanding between the players, use of the wings, nice link up play, great movement, long balls to feet, adesire to win the ball back after losing possession.

You have to pinch yourself and ask, is that Halesowen I’ve seen tonight?!

Things just seem so good right now, almost too good to be true....
Repeat 😂

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 16 Jul 2019, 23:54

Just an update too that we’ve signed Montel Gibson on a contract basis. Great news, after watching him score six goals in two games this guy looks a real prospect!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Jul 2019, 07:33

I've woke up this morning still buzzing from last night. Like I keep saying, I try not to take note of pre-season results or performances, as they often mean little when the regular season begins. But this just feels different, doesn't it?

Three games in, and there literally is nothing to moan about. I may have to go and support someone else, at this rate!

Even losing 3-1 to Solihull was positive, we more than matched a side who nearly got promoted to the football league. And only lost due to the extra quality such a side possess and due to the extra fitness they had, which came with them playing two different XI's.

Now, I know Cradley and Boldmere may not provide the stiffest of competitions, but to score six and seven is brilliant. Stourbr*dge will obviously provide a tougher test and should tell us more about where we are.

The biggest compliment I could probably pay Paul Smith and the players right now is stating how much I'm looking forward to Saturday. Now, over the last 4 seasons or so, I've looked forward to varying games due to varying reasons, such as local derbies, a good away day with good people or the fact it's the first game of the season. But I've never looked forward to a match because the football I'll be watching is that good. And that's how I honestly feel about Saturday. I can't wait to watch the Yeltz play football.

To anyone who has stayed away over the past few years, for whatever reason, please come back. Football down the Grove is finally enjoyable again.

I'm really finding it hard to keep my feet on the floor right now. As a pessimistic idiot, I'm not used to this. It's too good to be true, surely?