Solihull (H) - football is back.

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Solihull (H) - football is back.

Post by andy » 06 Jul 2019, 17:52

That was a really good workout against a team that would really test us. And we came through with flying colours. I'm sure the management team will take a lot from it and because it was players who we've actually signed and not a bunch of trialists it makes it even more significant. Proper instructions coming from the bench, not heard that in a while. Great to see Snapper back as well. Everything just seems to have that air of professionalism about it at the moment, like we really know what we're doing and where we're going. The perimeter is full of advertising boards, the ground looks great, even the toilets! There can be no more false dawns now, this has to be it.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 06 Jul 2019, 17:57

Encouraging stuff today indeed. I think we played some really good stuff and for the first time in a good while there seemed to be a plan, and we actually looked like a team rather than a bunch of individuals just thrown together and hoping for the best.

For about 80 minutes we looked as good as Solihull despite being 3 leagues below them which was really pleasing. Of course their quality showed through in the end with the two late goals but really positive on today’s showing.

Roll on Cradley Town next week!!

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 07 Jul 2019, 08:51

DJ wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 17:20
Halesowen Town 1 Solihull Moors 3

Attendance: 429
429!!! Fantastic for a pre-season friendly :)

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 07 Jul 2019, 10:18

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 07 Jul 2019, 10:47

Found some match highlights here too:

https://youtu.be/Kwfo_seRJ4c

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Jul 2019, 11:42

It's very difficult to judge the team during pre-season friendlies. I always take performances with a pinch of salt.

But, the very early signs are positive. The thing that struck me most yesterday is how organised the players were. There was a clear structure with the formation and players quickly got back into shape when we lost the ball.

The players seemed to know what they were doing and what role they were playing, there was no aimless football, it was purposeful and structured.

Yesterday was a very impressive start and shows me that Paul Smith and his coaching staff know what they're doing. The benefits of getting your squad sorted in readiness for pre-season is clear for all to see, and it should see us hit the ground running when the first league game rolls around.

I'm more excited now for this new era. Everything just feels right about the club, both on and off the pitch. Long may that continue.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 07 Jul 2019, 11:58

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
07 Jul 2019, 11:42
It's very difficult to judge the team during pre-season friendlies. I always take performances with a pinch of salt.

But, the very early signs are positive. The thing that struck me most yesterday is how organised the players were. There was a clear structure with the formation and players quickly got back into shape when we lost the ball.

The players seemed to know what they were doing and what role they were playing, there was no aimless football, it was purposeful and structured.

Yesterday was a very impressive start and shows me that Paul Smith and his coaching staff know what they're doing. The benefits of getting your squad sorted in readiness for pre-season is clear for all to see, and it should see us hit the ground running when the first league game rolls around.

I'm more excited now for this new era. Everything just feels right about the club, both on and off the pitch. Long may that continue.
i agree Josh that we should take friendlies with a pinch of salt, but there were a few things yesterday which boosted my optimism. Firstly Moors are full time pros and the manager therefore had a full squad of 22 and virtually played two different teams each half and we still didn't look out of place. Secondly, as we are part time we are always going to have players on holiday in pre season, and i think Colin said 6 missing yesterday, so for the last twenty minutrs Paul gave a run out to the squad he had on the day including youngsters, and I think we finished with 3 18 year olds.
it's probably unfair to single out any individual player but I thought McCone was outstanding both in his play and in his leadership.
I feel happy days are around the corner .... and that's from an original member of the miserable old git's club.....nurse more meds please ;D

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 07 Jul 2019, 14:33

The two previous posts have saved me time bashing the keyboard!
Well impressed, yesterday! 👍

YeltzTV
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzTV » 08 Jul 2019, 06:57

Hi all,

Please find below the videos from Saturday's game against Solihull Moors

Match Highlights: https://youtu.be/ocWZi3Dt4Rk

Post Match Interview: https://youtu.be/QDkiNRWHe6o

andy
Yeltz Forum Member