Bedworth (H)

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Bedworth (H)

Post by DJ » 07 Apr 2019, 12:56

Halesowen Town 1 Bedworth United 3

Halesowen are all but down and out of the Premier Division Central after slumping to a disastrous home defeat against already-relegated Bedworth.

Yet the Yeltz made the perfect start and took the lead after just 16 seconds when Jamie MOLYNEUX burst forward from midfield into the penalty area and blasted past Bedworth goalkeeper James Fogg to put Halesowen ahead straight from the kick-off.

As the lively start to the game continued, Alex Troke’s 2nd minute half-volley was well saved by home goalkeeper Dan Platt and Platt then collected a low shot from Lewis Noon in the 11th minute.

Molyneux had another couple of goal attempts for Halesowen midway through the first-half but plucky Bedworth refused to lie down and ended the first half strongly as Lewis Noon’s 34th minute free-kick was scrambled away from Will Harris in the danger area. The Greenbacks then equalised after 37 minutes when the Yeltz defence failed to clear Bedworth’s pressure, allowing TROKE to place the ball past Platt from 15 yards.

Just before the interval, Halesowen’s Aaron Gilpin cut inside to fire wide after 39 minutes and at the other end, central defender Kieran Morris denied Chekaine Steele in the 43rd minute.

Molyneux had further efforts for Halesowen at the start of the second period and Aaron Gilpin slashed another chance wide. Sam Griffiths then planted a header wide at the far post from Enock Ekongo’s dangerous 70th minute right-wing cross. But in reality Halesowen lacked composure in front of goal and never looked likely to build on their promising early advantage.

The Greenbacks pushed on to take the lead in the 75th minute when TROKE slammed home his second goal from the penalty spot after Griffiths bundled substitute Lewis Collins to the ground.

Bare-bones Bedworth piled on Halesowen’s agony with a third goal in a first minute of injury time comedy of errors after Platt slipped when trying to control Ekongo’s back-pass and let in STEELE to slot home from a tight angle to hand the visitors their best win of a tortuous season.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Enock Ekongo, Sam Griffiths, Ivor Lawton, Kieran Morris (c), Asa Charlton, Aaron Gilpin (Kartel O’Neill-Martin 66), Aaron Birch, Lee Hughes (Isai Marselia 77), Jamie Molyneux, Jack Kelly. Subs Not Used: Joe Fitzpatrick, Samir Nabi, Callam Mendez-Jones.

Bedworth United: James Fogg; Richard Platt, James Hancocks, Will Harris, Ricardo Dudley, Elliot Parrott (c), Chekaine Steele, Barry Fitzharris, Levi Rowley, Alex Troke, Lewis Noon (Lewis Collins 70). Subs Not Used: Edry Moore, Jamie Lenton.

Referee: Oliver Mackey
Attendance: 502
Booked: R. Platt (20), Griffiths (74), Harris (90), Lawton (90)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Halas Hawks u-7s: Ivor Lawton
Non-League Paper Star Man: Alex Troke (Bedworth)

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 07 Apr 2019, 14:34

Yeltz 27.
As you haven't a good word to say as regards the owners and Mr. Hughes maybe you should be the first applicant for any possible Moaners Corner?
Cynicism over!
Just one more thing - I suggest that you actually speak to either of the owners and air your views. They are readily available on match days and, as has been pointed out, you could attend on Thursday evening.
Maybe it would produce answers that you can't get by pounding your keyboard.
Hope to see you there.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 07 Apr 2019, 15:10

lutleyyeltz wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 14:34
Yeltz 27.
As you haven't a good word to say as regards the owners and Mr. Hughes maybe you should be the first applicant for any possible Moaners Corner?
Cynicism over!
Just one more thing - I suggest that you actually speak to either of the owners and air your views. They are readily available on match days and, as has been pointed out, you could attend on Thursday evening.
Hope to see you there.
don't hold your breath waiting for Yeltz27 to appear at a forum....his usual string of excuses have already started as to why he either can't get there or 'it's pointless' ..common theme looking back ::)

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 07 Apr 2019, 15:14

old git wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 15:10
lutleyyeltz wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 14:34
Yeltz 27.
Cynicism over!
Hope to see you there.
don't hold your breath waiting for Yeltz27 to appear at a forum....his usual string of excuses have already started as to why he either can't get there or 'it's pointless' ..common theme looking back ::)
That’s funny, bearing in mind I was at the forums last year. So there is no common theme

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 07 Apr 2019, 15:40

Then you'll come to this Thursdays?

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 07 Apr 2019, 16:44

Actually I think you should go. Lets be realistic. It would appear nobody wants to question the owners, although Im sure theyll be as disappointed as anyone else. Mistakes have been made, but no-one is gonna round up a lynch mob. This relegation has been 5 years in the making

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Apr 2019, 18:09

Personally I have no problem with Yeltz 27's views. Having spoken with him personally I find him a reasoned person and a nice guy. I do not necessarily agree with all his sentiments but I do believe he makes them for genuine reasons. The issue regarding Lee Hughes is not one that he is alone on and I respect that people have different levels of moral values. As mine are not as high it doesn't bother me so much I guess, but Lee has to prove himself worthy of the job for me. As regards Colin/Karen/Keith I have no complaints either but listening to Y27's views I appreciate that he has seen things differently. It makes the world go round I guess.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Apr 2019, 18:52

andy wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 18:09
Personally I have no problem with Yeltz 27's views. Having spoken with him personally I find him a reasoned person and a nice guy. I do not necessarily agree with all his sentiments but I do believe he makes them for genuine reasons. The issue regarding Lee Hughes is not one that he is alone on and I respect that people have different levels of moral values. As mine are not as high it doesn't bother me so much I guess, but Lee has to prove himself worthy of the job for me. As regards Colin/Karen/Keith I have no complaints either but listening to Y27's views I appreciate that he has seen things differently. It makes the world go round I guess.
Very good post. Agreed completely.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 07 Apr 2019, 19:18

andy wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 18:09
No issues with anyone having differing points of view. We all do. Never melt Yeltz27 or in fact anyone on here i dont think. So I rely on the written word. I only ever see Y27's words when he's criticising owners etc and he has been fairly absent up til recently. We all know this has been an awful season, but Im not sure reading similar threads to those posted about Da Lynch mob is fair or justified. I dont think Lee or Asa will be in charge next year IMHO.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 07 Apr 2019, 19:23

Surely if you go to the forum and have your say then at least when it goes tits up / brilliant next season you can all say told you so