Coalville Away

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coalville Away

Post by drummyb » 26 Feb 2019, 23:17

andy wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 21:52
Attendance 127. How does a club with 300 less than us through the gate, plus all the add ons, get to be so much better than us on the field?
I reckon at least 30 of those were from Halesowen. Theres a group of older folks that go regularily home and away and must have seen some bleak times before. I think they gave up as well. I dont see any point in changing our management again, to sign even more players. We may as well rebuild once this sorry mess is over.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 26 Feb 2019, 23:22

andy wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 21:43
Doomed a long time since. I notice tonight's desperation was not bringing in new players but bringing back 2 players that shouldn't have been dropped in the first place. So where exactly did Kelly and Curley play? Did Weir and Griffiths move into midfield? Why are we making changes in positions that don't need messing with? We simply need a balanced midfield with some decent options UP FRONT. WE NEED GOALS.
Actually no, we need miracles....
It doesnt help when at 2-0 down I think , Larry, Mo and Curly bring Brags on to boost our attacking options....
He gives his all but he aint the man to change a game.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 27 Feb 2019, 07:01

lutleyyeltz wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 22:33
Feel sorry? Really?
Just in the sense it’s not worked out for them. But as mentioned they are to blame for the poor results as well as bringing in the players they have done. In a sense nothing has changed in terms of the model of the previous regime of signing a new player every Friday and persisting with relying on short term loans. There’s no stability at all. I appreciate in non league that it’s not like league football so there will be comings and goings throughout the season but using 60 odd players smells of desperation and rather amateurish.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Feb 2019, 07:09

dalevillain wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 07:01
lutleyyeltz wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 22:33
Feel sorry? Really?
Just in the sense it’s not worked out for them. But as mentioned they are to blame for the poor results as well as bringing in the players they have done. In a sense nothing has changed in terms of the model of the previous regime of signing a new player every Friday and persisting with relying on short term loans. There’s no stability at all. I appreciate in non league that it’s not like league football so there will be comings and goings throughout the season but using 60 odd players smells of desperation and rather amateurish.
Good post. The current management duo, just like the last, are showing absolute desperation in signing so many players. It's a sign of a management team who have run out of ideas. Like Hill, they're signing any player who is available, hoping they find a gem who can bring positive change, they then, after two games, realise said player is awful, then make the next signing. Rinse and repeat.

It is a farce. This club needs stability, instead we have continued with the failed formula of the last management.

Nothing has changed, therefore change, unfortunately, is needed.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 27 Feb 2019, 07:11

Another point to add which has been raised many times before is why are we not using more of our youth players? I keep seeing and hearing that we have a fantastic youth team and I don’t doubt that as have seen a few make fleeting cameo appearances like the Birmingham Senior Cup etc.

But instead of signing a randomer who doesn’t give a toss about the club why not blood a player out of the youth team, put them on the bench? Make them feel part of it. They can’t be any worse and also you would bet they would give more for the shirt as playing for Halesowen Town means something to them.

There can’t be much incentive for young lads to join the youth team for them never to have any hope of breaking into the first team.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Feb 2019, 07:15

dalevillain wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 07:11
Another point to add which has been raised many times before is why are we not using more of our youth players? I keep seeing and hearing that we have a fantastic youth team and I don’t doubt that as have seen a few make fleeting cameo appearances like the Birmingham Senior Cup etc.

But instead of signing a randomer who doesn’t give a toss about the club why not blood a player out of the youth team, put them on the bench? Make them feel part of it. They can’t be any worse and also you would bet they would give more for the shirt as playing for Halesowen Town means something to them.

There can’t be much incentive for young lads to join the youth team for them never to have any hope of breaking into the first team.
I'm of the opinion we should play the youth team players, and Platt in goal, for the remainder of the season. Let's at least go down with some pride, rather than watching half hearted performances from players who seemingly do not want to be here.

Let's install some pride, and at least go into next season with some positivity.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 27 Feb 2019, 07:18

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 07:15
dalevillain wrote:

I'm of the opinion we should play the youth team players, and Platt in goal, for the remainder of the season. Let's at least go down with some pride, rather than watching half hearted performances from players who seemingly do not want to be here.

Let's install some pride, and at least go into next season with some positivity.
Agreed. We’re pretty much down now so may as well go down with pride rather than being a joke like we currently are.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Feb 2019, 09:05

dalevillain wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 07:18
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 07:15
dalevillain wrote:

Agreed. We’re pretty much down now so may as well go down with pride rather than being a joke like we currently are.
They can't be any worse.

In all seriousness, what's the point in having a youth set up, when it's ignored. Not only ignored, but ignored at a time when we possibly have the worst group of players in our history.

If our youth players can't get in this side, then they won't get in any future side!

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 27 Feb 2019, 12:48

It's truly dismal and moreover, the outcome of each game is now quite predictable.

We've raised the issue of smaller clubs with much smaller crowds doing better than us for years. I know a few will have benefactors, and yes, it's not all simply about income through the turnstiles, but teams like Barwell, Coalville and Rushall get consistently poor attendances but don't consistently struggle like we do.

So we're comfortably top 6 in attendances (and we'd be top 4 if we were half way up the table), but comfortably bottom two in the table and outplayed nearly every week.

The problem on the field necessarily becomes a problem off the field. I just hope whoever is responsible for hiring the next manager gets some good advice or knows what they are doing.

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 27 Feb 2019, 19:53

At one point last night for 5 mins it was like watching Barcelona!!! Sharp crisp passing , nice two touch football, closing down and great desire,,, a pleasure to watch and Coalville never touched the ball for a whole 5 mins !!! Yeh the warm up was great.. so why do they not try to implement that into the game situation ??? It's the same every game... I don't think it is the players so much, but the lack of coaching , playing as a team and knowing what is required of them playing in a system of sorts. ,!! Instead of this constant hoofing the ball up the pitch and hoping something will come of it.... utter garbage ... can't remember seeing any move containing more than three passes all game and mostly it's just one first time hoof, not even a pass... strikers brought in left on bench, players being played out of position, and a different position next game... not getting the best out of players and agree with other posts that better players have been let go,,, felt sorry for Andre wright, has got ability, good control and the ball sticks to him... needs players around him making runs at pace so he can off load to them in danger areas.. played up front alone ran his socks off but he's not a goal scorer of any magnitude....also felt for Ivor lawton backed up last saturdays m o t m performance with another good showing.. broke up play ,covered a lot of ground got stuck in showed passion and desire... nice to see him in his proper position... getting back to his best...
Games are running out, fast, things need to improve now !! Feel sad for the hard core 25 fans who go to every game... they deserve better....