Royston Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Royston Updates

Post by drummyb » 02 Feb 2019, 19:03

Platty was fantastic. Wright, I thought played ok. Not convinced he's gonna score a shed load but I thought he played intelligently.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 02 Feb 2019, 19:07

drummyb wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 19:03
Platty was fantastic. Wright, I thought played ok. Not convinced he's gonna score a shed load but I thought he played intelligently.
In fact they all played well. I still think Hughes just aint the player he was but he does try.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 02 Feb 2019, 19:17

drummyb wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 19:03

Unfortunately though we need a 'shed load' player. The hardest thing of all to find.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 02 Feb 2019, 19:34

I wonder if a player from a league below might be worth a gamble, if we're struggling at this. Or a loan.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 02 Feb 2019, 19:55

There's a lad called Jack Till at Lye Town who's scoring for fun.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 02 Feb 2019, 20:01

According to Halesowen News he is on a contract

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 02 Feb 2019, 20:06

drummyb wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 19:34
I wonder if a player from a league below might be worth a gamble, if we're struggling at this. Or a loan.
We have plenty of players from the league below. They're in our squad.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 02 Feb 2019, 20:08

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 20:06
drummyb wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 19:34
We have plenty of players from the league below. They're in our squad.
Now now. Lets enjoy the win for a bit ;)

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 03 Feb 2019, 12:20

Halesowen Town 1 Royston Town 0

Kieran Morris headed home a late winner to give battling and improving Halesowen renewed hope of escaping a relegation battle.

In early exchanges, Matt Curley’s 10th minute clipped shot was blocked by Royston goalkeeper Joe Welch for a corner and home goalkeeper Dan Platt made a great reflex save to deny Rohdell Gordon after a Royston corner was turned back in. A 25th minute shot from Andre Wright was saved by Welch and Welch easily collected a chip from Lee Hughes five minutes later. Wright went close again in the 31st minute when he brought the ball down and his 20 yard half volley was tipped around the post by Welch.

But the Yeltz lacked a first-half cutting edge and it was the Crows – now without a league win in six games - who went close towards the interval. Defender Harold Joseph failed to make the most of a free header at the far post from Sam Corcoran’s 39th minute cross and Platt then made a tremendous one-handed save to deny Joseph Neal in front of goal a minute later. At the start of the second half Platt did just enough to turn Gordon’s 20 yard shot around the post.

The Yeltz upped the pace markedly in the final half-hour of the game to knock on the door of victory by creating a string of good chances in a dominant spell that eventually resulted in a late winner.

A 62nd minute free header from Callam Mendez-Jones fell agonisingly wide and four minutes later Dan Sweeney’s 25 yard free-kick took a wicked deflection but Welch twisted brilliantly to make a fine one-handed save. Welch then palmed Jack Kelly’s wide-angled shot over the bar and Morris was denied with a close range header from Joel Taylor’s 69th minute corner. Morris planted another header from another Taylor corner at Welch two minutes later and Sweeney did well to beat his marker in the 73rd minute, only for Welch to block.

But Kelly rescued the Yeltz by clearing off the line after Royston’s Gordon broke away in the 74th minute and, with the game wide open, Welch saved for the Crows in the 80th minute by beating away Sweeney’s fierce shot after he burst down the right.

Halesowen finally grabbed their vital three points in the 85th minute when man-mountain MORRIS came forward for another Taylor corner and rose to head down and into the net in front of the jubilant Shed fans.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Matt Curley, Jack Kelly, Callam Mendez-Jones, Kieran Morris, Sam Griffiths, Jack Rea (c), Billy Murphy (Joe Fitzpatrick 67), Lee Hughes (Dan Sweeney 59), Andre Wright, Joel Taylor (Tyler Weir 89). Subs Not Used: Aaron Gilpin, Dominic Hill.

Royston Town: Joe Welch; Harold Joseph, Luke Oswick (Thomas Newman 58), Scott Thomas, Adam Crowther, Dan Braithwaite (c) (Vance Bola 58), Rohdell Gordon, Sam Corcoran, Joseph Neal (Daniel Gallin 70), Gus Scott-Morriss, Joseph Newton. Subs Not Used: Adam Murray, Aidan Dawson.

Referee: Paul Stonier Attendance: 405
Booked: Murphy (50), Scott-Morriss (65)
Non-League Paper Man of the Match selected by DJ: Kieran Morris
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Spencer Signs: Joel Taylor

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 03 Feb 2019, 14:55

Morris was my MotM as well. Probably our best and most consistent player this season.