Mikeev02 wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 20:54
Firstly
May I wish yeltzurg and Juanillo a safe journey to Specsave

We created enough chances to win 3 / 4 games

Don’t tell me your not happy unless your whinging

Andy,

I see you have ackowleged the improvement and it did not take 3 games

I thought Kieran was absolutely superb , never missed a header, in fact I would have pushed him up front for the last 15 minutes as we needed his ability in the air

Onwards and upwards I saw a united team efforts today and good movement

Regards

Mike ( my other team is Leeds so I am used to being hated)
Mike
Welcome to topsy turvy world of HTFC. It's been a circus here for so long now that stability and general agreement on things would be almost frowned upon. For what it's worth I think we have the potential to turn this round. Yet after some of the recent performances that statement would be enough to have me sectioned. I love a bit of controversy and banter on here so not much chance of you being hated. Well not yet anyway. ;)
I am intrigued though as to your possible involvement with maybe a player? As you have followed Hednesford that might not be a bad guess?
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Mikeev02
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: St Ives Town

Post by Mikeev02 » 20 Jan 2019, 12:20

Andy

Thanks for your post

I am not connected to any player and yes u r right I did follow hednesford town for a couple of seasons. I was fed up with the professional game with average players earning big fortunes ( small fortunes didn’t sound correct) so I fell in love with non league
Over the past years I followed Stafford , Rushall , Kidderminster ( lee Hughes days )and the yeltz
You will probably know the era, Denny, cropley, caskey and pierce
Then I had kidney failure and after a few years on dialysis I had a transplant in jan 2018
So finally after many months of treatment I am now well enough to attend games
This probably explains why I enjoy each game as most of my Saturdays were spent in hospital
I miss the banter and am just glad to be watching football
Every game is important to me
Sorry to go on but I must be the happiest Halesowen fan
Mike

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 20 Jan 2019, 14:16

Mike,
That's put things into perspective, somewhat!
Good to hear that you are feeling much better and enjoying being able to join in the merriment that is the Yeltz Forum.
How the present situation re: our league position will affect your long term recovery is open to conjecture. My blood pressure reading would have put a GP into panic mode yesterday - until the 95th minute, of course.
Welcome to the happy go unlucky world of bring a Yeltz fan

Mikeev02
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Mikeev02 » 20 Jan 2019, 15:18

Andy
Thanks for friendly welcome

Let’s hope the good times are around the corner

Cheers

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Jan 2019, 15:20

Mikeev02 wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 12:20
Andy

Thanks for your post

I am not connected to any player and yes u r right I did follow hednesford town for a couple of seasons. I was fed up with the professional game with average players earning big fortunes ( small fortunes didn’t sound correct) so I fell in love with non league
Over the past years I followed Stafford , Rushall , Kidderminster ( lee Hughes days )and the yeltz
You will probably know the era, Denny, cropley, caskey and pierce
Then I had kidney failure and after a few years on dialysis I had a transplant in jan 2018
So finally after many months of treatment I am now well enough to attend games
This probably explains why I enjoy each game as most of my Saturdays were spent in hospital
I miss the banter and am just glad to be watching football
Every game is important to me
Sorry to go on but I must be the happiest Halesowen fan
Mike
Blimey. In perspective indeed. I sincerely hope your recovery continues and that you are able to keep coming down to the Town. I hope you bring us a bit of the Denny/Caskey/Piearce quality back with you as well!!😁
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 20 Jan 2019, 17:27

Halesowen Town 1 St Ives Town 1

Lee Hughes stroked home a penalty deep in stoppage time to rescue a point for dominant Halesowen.

There was no denying that this was the best Yeltz football for some time and only a combination of ill-fortune, determined defending and the absence of a final killer touch kept out Halesowen after creating half a dozen excellent chances before the interval in a performance described as “tremendous” by Rob Smith in his after-match interview with Chris Flavell of the Halesowen News.

In a bright start, Dan Sweeney’s 12th minute low drive was turned around the post by visiting goalkeeper Martin Conway and Sweeney’s header was cleared off the line from Joel Taylor’s resulting corner. Taylor then connected well but lashed just inches wide of the post after Matt Curley crossed from the right at the end of a good 20th minute move.

Sweeney went closer still when his 26th minute header bounced down off the underside of the crossbar with Conway grabbing the loose ball after Taylor crossed from the left.

As the home pressure continued to mount, a 36th minute wide-angle shot from Sweeney was beaten away by Conway and Billy Murphy’s header was cleared off the line by Ty Ward a minute later. Taylor set Sweeney free in a great 40th minute move but Conway made another excellent save with his legs and Andre Wright headed just over the bar a minute later as St Ives proved hard to break down.

But St Ives landed a 42nd minute sucker punch to steal the lead against the run of play with their first chance of the game when Jake NEWMAN’s speculative 35 yard lob bounced into the top corner of the net with goalkeeper Dan Platt off his line.

The one-way traffic continued in the second half with St Ives mounting a solid rearguard action.
Visiting centre half Jarvis Wilson hooked Curley’s 56th minute looping header off the line and Sweeney nodded straight at Conway two minutes later. After a further two corners, Curley fired wide after 67 minutes as Halesowen tried to be patient to find a way back into the game and an 83rd minute Yeltz corner resulted in a goalmouth scramble, only for St Ives to put bodies behind the ball once again to clear.

Just as it semed St Ives would complete their smash and grab raid, Halesowen finally found a deserved equaliser in the sixth minute of added time as Taylor burst into the box down the left and was brought down. Home substitute HUGHES stroked home the resulting penalty and St Ives’ Charlie De’ath received a red card for his second bookable offence right at the death of a game where Halesowen could be allowed the indulgence of concentrating on their vastly improved performance rather than the result.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Matt Curley (Aaron Gilpin 80), Jack Kelly, Sam Griffiths, Kieran Morris, William Murphy, Jack Rea (c), Callum Coyle (Lee Hughes 72), Andre Wright, Dan Sweeney, Joel Taylor. Subs Not Used: Joe Fitzpatrick, Danny Bragoli, Dominic Hill.

St Ives Town: Martin Conway; Ben Jackson, Mark Coulson (Ben Toseland 75), Taona Sundire, Jarvis Wilson, Charlie De’ath, Ben Baker (Danny Kelly 59), Robert Parker (c), Jake Newman, Ty Ward, Oliver Snaith (Andrew Osei-Bonsu 65). Subs Not Used: Benjamin Seymour-Shove, George Bailey.

Referee: Ben Cooke Attendance: 363
Booked: Kelly (65), De’ath (68), Wilson (71), Sweeney (81), Newman (85), Parker (90)
Sent Off: De’ath (90)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Halas Hawks u-11s: Matt Curley

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 20 Jan 2019, 18:18

BOSS Rob Smith praised Halesowen Town’s “brilliant” performance as they drew with St Ives at the Grove.

The Yeltz dominated the game but fell behind to a well-taken Jake Newman lob in the first half.

The visitors shut up shop in the second period and Halesowen had to wait until the 95th minute to take a share of the spoils as Lee Hughes fired home from the penalty spot after Joel Taylor was fouled in the area.

Smith felt a point was the least his side deserved and he praised his players’ never-say-die attitude.

He said: “I don’t think there is any doubt that we deserved the win but we were also 30 seconds away from losing.

“I just said to the players that they couldn’t have given me anymore today. I thought we were brilliant from start to finish.

“The only criticism would be that the finishing was poor. We’ve worked out that there were at least 15 chances there, we hit the bar twice, absolutely pummelled them but the pleasing thing for me was that we kept going.

“We kept trying to pass, kept trying to play the right way, kept creating chances and nobody gave up.

“We’ve had two really good training sessions this week and I look at the squad and the players and they’re a good bunch. I’ve had enough dressing rooms to know they’re decent players and its just about getting them to play regularly together now.

“I don’t see any reason why we can’t have more performances like that. We’re still buoyant but also a little disappointed because we really wanted the three points and felt all week that we were going to get them.

“That’s the best we’ve played since I’ve been here. We were tremendous.”

From the Halesowen News website.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz