Post by YeltzDoc » 01 Jan 2019, 20:15

andy wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 19:20
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 19:19
HalesowenHarry wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 19:14
I blame Yeltzdoc. End of.
Good shout. Although today was only 3-0, so it was 3 goals better than the 8-2. So maybe next game he attends we'll win?
Blimey don't encourage him, he'll think he's the Messiah...
My wife would suggest that I already think that.

Just got back. It was pretty rubbish wasn’t it?
Platty pulled off at least three saves or blocks that on another day would have gone in, and apart from a 5 minute spell after their laughable award of a penalty, we were pretty clueless.
We had a weakish effort kicked off the line, a 25 yarder that the keeper saved pretty easily and a late Sweeney header that should probably have gone in. Otherwise, nothing.
Worrying that a lot of these blokes were signings the new manager has made.
Anyhoo, I’m sure it’ll be fine...

On the plus side, it was nice to see Brother Avery, HH, JB, Keasey, Guesty, Gerry and a host of other ne’er do wells, and me and YD Jnr were amused to be served chips with a cup of gravy on the side.

Overall though, bleurrgh.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Redditch

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 01 Jan 2019, 20:22

The bloke I sat behind had me thinking you'd arranged for your legends XI to be at the match too, Doc

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 01 Jan 2019, 22:39

piearce9 wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 19:57
Very poor performance today. Shows the need for more faces- we look far stronger when we have options on the flanks and the centre of midfield today seemed a case of too many cooks. Hughes has had his time now, he’s a waste of a shirt and will not keep us up. New striker for Saturday please.

Just a quick note to the fans who are throwing the towel in. The road of progress is not linear, but generally this club is moving forward. People wanted new owners- got them. People wanted a new manager- got one. People blamed our pitch- that’s been fixed. All the main issues that have been wailed about on here for years have been addressed now. So over to the fans now to give the team some backing and drive us forward onto better things.
You make some good points. Im by no way complaining about the changes that have been made. It was overdue. The end product is the same though isnt it? Its perfectly reasonable for everyone to get cheesed off. No-one wants to be on the losing side every week, which is what is happening. I think people by and large appreciate the good things that have happened but I fully expect we will go down as we're not in a false position. However I and others will keep going. I fully expect the team rebuild will kick in close season and we see any progress from then. As a footnote, Hughes again seemed more interested in wrestling defenders. Youre right. His time is up. A division below us I would say is more his level.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 01 Jan 2019, 22:46

Laurel Lane Lamper wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 20:22
The bloke I sat behind had me thinking you'd arranged for your legends XI to be at the match too, Doc
Pray tell?

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 01 Jan 2019, 22:48

piearce9 wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 19:57
Very poor performance today. Shows the need for more faces- we look far stronger when we have options on the flanks and the centre of midfield today seemed a case of too many cooks. Hughes has had his time now, he’s a waste of a shirt and will not keep us up. New striker for Saturday please.

Just a quick note to the fans who are throwing the towel in. The road of progress is not linear, but generally this club is moving forward. People wanted new owners- got them. People wanted a new manager- got one. People blamed our pitch- that’s been fixed. All the main issues that have been wailed about on here for years have been addressed now. So over to the fans now to give the team some backing and drive us forward onto better things.
Wasting your good self on here. But I totally agree :D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 01 Jan 2019, 23:04

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 20:04
andy wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 19:58
Simons wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 19:50
Anyone know why Rob Smith wasn't in the dugout today?
I wondered that. Was behind the fence behind the dugout first half and didn't see him at all in the second.
I'm sure he was back in the dugout for the second half?
Certainly didn't see him.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 01 Jan 2019, 23:16

YeltzDoc wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 22:46
Laurel Lane Lamper wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 20:22
Pray tell?
Snapper was there

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 01 Jan 2019, 23:21

A great.

His shooting wouldn’t have helped much today though...

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 02 Jan 2019, 13:57

Halesowen's performance at Redditch "unacceptable" says boss Rob Smith

HALESOWEN Town boss Rob Smith insists he will not accept another performance like the one seen in defeat to Redditch United on New Year's Day.

The Yeltz lost 3-0 at their relegation rivals as they failed to back up their first win under Smith against Banbury United three days before.

Town will now look to hit back quickly when they welcome seventh-placed Coalville to the Grove this Saturday (3pm kick-off).

Smith was unhappy with the performance levels shown at the Trico Stadium and was quick to demand his players give much more this weekend.

He said: "We simply didn't turn up and I really didn't see that performance coming at all.

"We seemed in a good place and the attitude was right before the game. I even looked at the bench and the options we now have and started to think how strong that looked as well.

"It was a game we were ready for and looking forward to but then the players let themselves and the club down badly.

"I wasn't happy at all afterwards and the players know it was an unacceptable performance.

"I won't be putting up with performances like that again and it means Coalville really is a cup final for us now. We have to show a reaction after what happened at Redditch.

"If we win it there is every chance that we will be out of the bottom three."

Halesowen were hit with a setback before the Redditch game as Joel Taylor was recalled from his loan by parent club Kidderminster Harriers.

It means Smith is now searching for attacking options to boost the Yeltz.

He added: "Losing Joel was a real blow for us and one we didn't expect to happen. He is one of our real attacking threats.

"Getting a forward in is something we are working on because at the moment we aren't carrying anything like the threat I want.

"It's difficult because the best forwards are under contract so it may be that we need to go down the loan route, but we're working hard to get someone in."

Smith has bolstered his options, however, with the addition of former Hereford and Bristol,City midfielder Billy Murphy.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 02 Jan 2019, 17:32

andy wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 23:04
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 20:04
andy wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 19:58

I wondered that. Was behind the fence behind the dugout first half and didn't see him at all in the second.
I'm sure he was back in the dugout for the second half?
Certainly didn't see him.
I was behind the goal during the second half, a fair way away from our dugouts, so maybe I mistook what I thought was Smith for someone else.

I heard he was in the Stand during the first half, and the Halesowen News article above also suggests he was there.

I'm not apposed to having a management duo take in the game from different viewing perspectives (infact I quite like it), I assume that's what the plan was if indeed Smith was in the stands. I do find it odd, however, that it's not the manager in the dugout, and the assistant in the stand.

Either way it would be interesting to know the reasoning for Smith's dugout absence.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz