Stourbr*dge

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stourbr*dge

Post by piearce9 » 26 Dec 2018, 20:27

Funnily enough, I don’t feel too deflated today. Stour seem to have finally got it together, they won comfortably today and the game played out pretty much as expected.

Rob and Larry now have one sole job. Keep us up. Every game from here counts.

The players they are bringing in do seem to be improving things gradually. The two full backs were good today, and the new additions in centre mid look promising too. Comments about Hughes are accurate- too much time clowning around trying to win free kicks and niggle their defenders. We need another striker in.

Thanks also to those who organised today. Lots of stewards and security around, which I imagine helped ensure a much better atmosphere.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 26 Dec 2018, 21:07

HalesowenHarry wrote:
26 Dec 2018, 20:24
We'll play a lot worse and win. Need 3 points against Banbury for sure but we did well against the champs in waiting imho.
I get what you're saying, and yes, they will probably go up, but the problem is that we have played worse against worse opposition and not won. My optimism is still on hold until I see some tangible results and I am not sure yet where a win is going to come from. We are still not yet detached, but need some good results quickly.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 26 Dec 2018, 23:11

Have to say reading the posts on here it is a bit of a funny one after today’s result although I am probably inclined to agree here. At the end of the game I was very disappointed in the result and I think if had I posted then it would have been rather negative however having had a few hours to digest things here goes....

Stourbr*dge were by far the better team today - end of. Not sure I agree with the Twitter post saying it wasn’t a true reflection?! It could have easily been 5 or 6 today, however not really as result of poor play from us, that was a pure dominant performance by them.

In other years against Stour under JH we have got a result and been fired up, however have got results by being rather ugly. Today, to our credit we have tried to play football however have been far outclassed by a better side. There is no shame in that however it is very disappointing when it comes against your local rivals.

We do need to pick up results and fast but I think we are seeing a better style of football. Hope the new players can get to grips with things ASAP in order to see us get results and out of the danger zone.

As a side note though - Lee Hughes today, very poor. Think he may have had a few extra sherries and mince pies over Christmas as he was well off the pace today.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Dec 2018, 08:37

We were beaten by the better team, simple as that. Unfortunately Stourbr*dge are a level above us, and there is a very real possibility that come May they'll be two leagues above us.

As Pierce says, we are firmly in a relegation scrap and the new management duo have just one goal - Survival. However, I can honestly see slow signs of progress. I believe they're making the right team selections and the style of football is much improved.

We've gone from aimless and negative football to something that resembles tactics. It's very evident the ball is being played on the floor and we're trying to build attacks in the right way. Unfortunately it's not happening in the final third at the moment. We desperately need a striker. If only we had Roberts now, who got a last minute winner yesterday...

Hughes has been wonderful in his time here, he's conducted himself exactly how an ex-pro should at this level, but he is showing signs that his age is now catching up with him. He was well off the pace yesterday. He had a glorious chance to score in the first half, last season he'd have took the chance first time and burried it. I'm hoping he's going through a blip, but fear the worst. It's a shame, we could do with last seasons Hughes this season.

I thought Taylor was the best player on the pitch for us yesterday. You can tell he's a quality player.

A win isn't too far away. But it needs to come sooner rather than later. Patience is the key. This is a massive rebuild job and it'll take time to see success.

As a side note, I felt the atmosphere yesterday was dreadful. It was the same at their place. This fixture has gone very flat.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 27 Dec 2018, 14:09

Very evident that a striker, or two are desperately needed and quickly,, not scoring goals will obviously get you relegated... at the other end of the pitch felt sorry for the keeper who has been left out since platt has returned... was doing ok even though we were losing games..... platt does not command his six yard box and doesn't come for crosses that should be bread and butter,,, worries me...
Need a result now on Saturday... something to build on ... shouldn't be frightened of any team in that league though ,, seen better teams than Stourbr*dge this season.. so a good run of results should be achievable and we will be ok... but need to start that run soon....

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 27 Dec 2018, 14:59

Boucher is a very good keeper as well. Maybe they rely on Platts experience but Id say each are shining lights in their own way

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Dec 2018, 16:06

We were discussing Platt yesterday at the match. He may have the odd rick, and not be the greatest commander of the box, but I think it's to our benefit that he isn't. If he was, he would not be playing for us. He has to be one of the best shot stoppers around and if he was as good all round he would be playing at a far, far higher level than this. First name on my team sheet anyday!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Dec 2018, 16:30

andy wrote:
27 Dec 2018, 16:06
We were discussing Platt yesterday at the match. He may have the odd rick, and not be the greatest commander of the box, but I think it's to our benefit that he isn't. If he was, he would not be playing for us. He has to be one of the best shot stoppers around and if he was as good all round he would be playing at a far, far higher level than this. First name on my team sheet anyday!
I'd go along with that. It's certainly good to have him back after the injury.

As far as keepers go, I was impressed with the lad we had on loan from Shrewsbury and Hill when we called him up from the youth side.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz