Spennymoor

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Spennymoor

Post by YeltzDoc » 25 Nov 2018, 10:24

No match video yet though and our goals aren’t up, a shame if we don’t get to see them as the second was particularly good.
And the opportunity to see me and Poll stood like a couple of drowned rats behind the sticks will amuse some of the more perverse forumistas, I’m sure.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 25 Nov 2018, 12:29

Ha ha. I was to your left amongst the few Spennymoor fans. We also had two good goal scoring opportunities in the first half. Gotta be said despite the scoreline Im still buzzing from the whole day out/experience. Im not sure how that works after that scoreline. ???

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 25 Nov 2018, 13:29

drummyb wrote:
25 Nov 2018, 12:29
Ha ha. I was to your left amongst the few Spennymoor fans. We also had two good goal scoring opportunities in the first half. Gotta be said despite the scoreline Im still buzzing from the whole day out/experience. Im not sure how that works after that scoreline. ???
Me too! Honestly didn’t feel like a stuffing, and I’m not sure why. A very strange game!

Scribbler
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Scribbler » 25 Nov 2018, 17:05

It was a strange game and the result didn't reflect how well we competed !!! But the score line does not lie in the end...
On the drive up talking about how the game might unfold...we were all of the same opinion .. A heavy defeat.. Which is how it turned out in the end.. But oh boy what a great game, first half especially , and every Halesowen player to a man put in a shift, but on the day were just out classed by a very good side, boasting pace power touch teamwork and know how in abundance..
Just a shame each time we went in front that we could not have held on to the lead for 15 -20 mins instead of conceding straight away... Not through sloppy defending but by good attacking intent on their part...
Just shows how threadbare the squad is , with only three subs, one being a keeper , who came on outfield, and new players are needed... Numbers and better quality.. Thought the manager did well, with what he had at his disposal, and it was great to see him encouraging the players... Instead of all the usual negative ranting that has been spouted from the bench.. All season.. And I think the players responded to that and to a man put in a good shift,,, even though they lost heavily to a very good side,, it was the best they have played all season !!! Well done and continue to try playing football.., must Carry that forward now and build on that for the build up to Boxing Day !! Shame for Kieran didn't. Deserve to be sent off and agree with previous posts , he will be missed... Well done to all...

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 25 Nov 2018, 17:27

Highlights up on Yeltz TV at https://youtu.be/vUWKDJemPig

Shame it didn’t capture our second very well (a lovely hold up, turned the defender and knocked it in the corner) as it was a great finish.

Captured me and YeltzDoc’s shocked celebration after taking the lead well though, which made me happy 😀

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 25 Nov 2018, 18:30

Fame at last!
3F045263-8D56-405D-805C-C208D6DB6EE2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 25 Nov 2018, 19:09

Poll wrote:
25 Nov 2018, 17:27

Shame it didn’t capture our second very well (a lovely hold up, turned the defender and knocked it in the corner) as it was a great finish.

Captured me and YeltzDoc’s shocked celebration after taking the lead well though, which made me happy 😀
I wasn't there so maybe it's unfair to comment, but from the yeltz tv highlights, it looks like it could easily have been well into double figures!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 25 Nov 2018, 19:40

YeltzDoc wrote:
25 Nov 2018, 18:30
Fame at last!

3F045263-8D56-405D-805C-C208D6DB6EE2.jpeg
YMCA!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 26 Nov 2018, 09:56

juanillo wrote:
25 Nov 2018, 19:09
Poll wrote:
25 Nov 2018, 17:27

I wasn't there so maybe it's unfair to comment, but from the yeltz tv highlights, it looks like it could easily have been well into double figures!
I think that is fair comment - our keeper made a few good saves and played pretty well despite what the score says.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 26 Nov 2018, 10:56

And we could have had a couple too. 10-4 wouldnt have been wide of the mark